Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EGR Solenoid help

Old 05-03-11, 07:49 AM   #1
Donyo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default EGR Solenoid help

Does anyone know where the EGR Solenoid is or have a picture of where its located? I failed emissions NOX and they told me my EGR Solenoid was broken and to get a new one and I'll probably pass.

any help is greatly appreciated
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Donyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 07:36 PM   #2
Donyo
Driver School Candidate

28 views and not one response come on guys help me out
Old 05-03-11, 07:48 PM   #3
AzHotLS
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

Did you do a Search?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls40...egr-valve.html
Old 05-04-11, 09:32 AM   #4
deanshark
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donyo View Post
28 views and not one response come on guys help me out
Well, now there's 56 views. I was gonna respond but I didn't for a couple reasons. 1) You could have searched google for "where is the EGR solenoid on Lexus LS400" and you would have gotten a picture instantly. 2) You didn't say what car, or year, this was for. You're in the LS400 forum but your profile shows 92 SC300. Big difference between the 6 and 8 cylinder engines but here's the 91 LS. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/emission/egrfilter.html The 93 doesn't look like that but, we don't know what car it's for anyway. In the future, search first. If you don't find what ya need, list what car it's for and you'll do better.
deanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 09:33 AM   #5
Donyo
Driver School Candidate

well I didnt do a search but I looked all over this site . so the EGR Solenoid is the same thing as the EGR Valve? I'm new to this stuff. Just recently I've been doing my own repairs instead of paying someone else to do it. I have a repair manual but I'm not seeing anything that says EGR Solenoid and all I know is that the guy told me my EGR Solenoid was broken and I needed it replaced.
Old 05-04-11, 09:34 AM   #6
Donyo
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanshark View Post
Well, now there's 56 views. I was gonna respond but I didn't for a couple reasons. 1) You could have searched google for "where is the EGR solenoid on Lexus LS400" and you would have gotten a picture instantly. 2) You didn't say what car, or year, this was for. You're in the LS400 forum but your profile shows 92 SC300. Big difference between the 6 and 8 cylinder engines but here's the 91 LS. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/emission/egrfilter.html The 93 doesn't look like that but, we don't know what car it's for anyway. In the future, search first. If you don't find what ya need, list what car it's for and you'll do better.
well thank you for the info. yeah I used to have an sc300 I guess I need to update my profile
Old 05-04-11, 10:05 AM   #7
deanshark
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donyo View Post
well I didnt do a search but I looked all over this site . so the EGR Solenoid is the same thing as the EGR Valve? I'm new to this stuff. Just recently I've been doing my own repairs instead of paying someone else to do it. I have a repair manual but I'm not seeing anything that says EGR Solenoid and all I know is that the guy told me my EGR Solenoid was broken and I needed it replaced.
No it's not the same. If you have a manual you can read how the whole EGR system works and it should describe the solenoid, and how to test it so you don't go buying something you don't need. But anyway, I just did a google search for you, (A whole 10 seconds) and I got ya this. http://www.qualityresale.net/product...ch=lexus+LS400 Ya still didn't say what year LS ya have.
deanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 10:43 AM   #8
Donyo
Driver School Candidate

damn appreciate the help but I sense some hostility why . you think I didnt go out and do as much research as I could I couldnt find anything about a solenoid which is why I'm here you guys know a hell of a lot more than me so why not ask for help from you people. maybe youre whole 10 seconds took that long because you know what youre looking for I DONT thats why I'm here asking for help geez . its a 1990 ls400

Last edited by Donyo; 05-04-11 at 10:47 AM..
Old 05-04-11, 10:43 AM

Tags
1990, 95, diagram, egr, erg, find, lexus, located, pix, saturn, soleniod, solenoid, thing, valve, wwwqualityresalenet