LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What other stock rims are enterchangable??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-11, 06:34 PM
LS400BOY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What other stock rims are enterchangable??

looking to put my ls400 back on stock rims,its hard to find any lexus cars in the junk yard period down here but what other cars that use the same bolt pattern? any help
Old 04-14-11, 07:50 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

for 89-94, anything with similar size that's 5x4.5 (aka 5x114.3) will fit.
Old 04-14-11, 08:01 PM
LS400BOY
Lead Lap

i mean i know that but what cars are they??
Old 04-14-11, 09:05 PM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty much ANY rear wheel drive Lexus you can think of will fit, the ES series won't fit, everything else will. SC300/400/430, GS300/400/430, LS400, 430 even the SUV wheels will fit, but will look like sheit. You should also take note that LS460 wheels will not fit as they are a different lug pattern. I went with IS300 wheels from an 01', and refinished them gun metal grey.
Old 04-14-11, 09:24 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by LS400BOY
i mean i know that but what cars are they??
google.

also, it's "interchangeable"
Old 04-14-11, 09:32 PM
LS400BOY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Pretty much ANY rear wheel drive Lexus you can think of will fit, the ES series won't fit, everything else will. SC300/400/430, GS300/400/430, LS400, 430 even the SUV wheels will fit, but will look like sheit. You should also take note that LS460 wheels will not fit as they are a different lug pattern. I went with IS300 wheels from an 01', and refinished them gun metal grey.
ok cool is there any off brand cars besides toyota that will fit??
Old 04-14-11, 09:34 PM
LS400BOY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
google.

also, it's "interchangeable"
ok i didnt ask you how to spell,why u always got to be a smart guy??
Old 04-15-11, 02:18 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

lose the attitude, it's a simple mistake that you made, no reason to get snippy.

the reason i said GOOGLE IT is because many brands (specific cars obv) have 5x114.3 wheels. mustangs, 350zs, 300zx, 240sx (later models), crown vics, etc......
Old 04-15-11, 03:50 AM
radiokilla
Lead Lap

+1 PD. To the OP, PureDrifter is an active advocate of using the search button so don't take it personally. He simply just wants you to become better at finding out info on your own so the forums don't get clogged up with threads that could have been answered by a search engine or been previously posted about. If you really really really can't find out info on something then you should post a thread.
Old 04-15-11, 06:33 AM
jbelway
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because he's "an active advocate" doesn't give him the right to be-little people. I'm a 55 year old licenced tech with my own repair shop of 20 years and I find it difficult sometimes responding to some requests on this site because some of the high and mighty may differ with your opinion, or you spelled a word wrong or used the wrong word like "interchangeable".... come on!!. What's wrong with typing a couple of extra words like "no problem Friend, but have you tried the search button or Goggle?" instead of being rude. Aren't we all here to help and learn from each other? I don't think there's any need to be rude, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking this. Hey!! have a nice day....
Old 04-15-11, 07:33 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

well its better than, "are you @#$&ing stupid? do you not see the damn search button that waiting for your lazy *** to click?"

SC430 pie plates look pretty good on a lowered 1LS. 04+ LS430 18" Sport wheels or the 3GS 18" 5 spoke wheels look pretty damn good though.
Old 04-15-11, 10:42 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by jbelway
Just because he's "an active advocate" doesn't give him the right to be-little people. I'm a 55 year old licenced tech with my own repair shop of 20 years and I find it difficult sometimes responding to some requests on this site because some of the high and mighty may differ with your opinion, or you spelled a word wrong or used the wrong word like "interchangeable".... come on!!. What's wrong with typing a couple of extra words like "no problem Friend, but have you tried the search button or Goggle?" instead of being rude. Aren't we all here to help and learn from each other? I don't think there's any need to be rude, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking this. Hey!! have a nice day....
95% of the questions posted in NEW threads, have been answered (and get referred to search).

I have no problem with you posting your "opinion" so long as "opinion" and "fact" remain separate and distinct. I tend to honestly not care so much about opinion as this is a public forum and you have every right (within some constraints) to post your opinions. Rarely will I criticize/correct Opinion. Also, he did not use the wrong word, he misspelled the word he attempted to use. Given the manner in which I corrected him I'm shocked everyone seems to rather just allow misspelling and deal with it themselves. be that as it may, I wont. It was a glaring error, and I have no reason not to (politely) inform him as such.

Facts though, I have no problem correcting or disputing (while presenting evidence in support of my point). If you have a fact you know to be true, with evidence to support it, then why would you hesitate to post it? I'm not irrational, I just have little tolerance for hearsay, claims without evidence/support, and laziness in searching.

so if you feel like listing every 5/114.3 car made in the past 20 years that the OP could use to scavenge wheels off of, instead of referring him to search google where he could likely find a page with a LONG list in <20seconds, feel free.

if you have an issue with that, either deal with it, or PM me. I'm not posting in this thread regarding this matter again.
Old 04-15-11, 01:45 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Old 04-15-11, 02:31 PM
LS400BOY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jbelway
THANKS BIG HOMIE THATS WHAT IM SAYING,I JUST ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION, I THOUGHT THATS WHAT THIS SITE FOR TO HELP AND LEARN, IF YOU DONT WANT TO HELP DONT REPLY ITS SIMPLE, I TRYD GOOGLE IT DIDNT SAY MUCH THATS WHY I CAME HERE,
Old 04-15-11, 02:45 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LS400BOY
THANKS BIG HOMIE THATS WHAT IM SAYING,I JUST ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION, I THOUGHT THATS WHAT THIS SITE FOR TO HELP AND LEARN, IF YOU DONT WANT TO HELP DONT REPLY ITS SIMPLE, I TRYD GOOGLE IT DIDNT SAY MUCH THATS WHY I CAME HERE,
Caps lock isnt your friend, try harder.

I think this link will help you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+cars+have+...olt+pattern%3F

In general id advise to just stay with stock lexus wheels. but if you cant find any and dont want to order online be sure to check that the brakes on the donor car are equal too or smaller than your stock calipers to ensure you dont have clearance issues.

Last edited by Brandicus; 04-15-11 at 02:48 PM.

Quick Reply: What other stock rims are enterchangable??