LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My new ls :-D

Old 03-27-11, 10:24 PM
celsiorlee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS looks clean for all stock. enjoy the car's smooth and quiet ride....
Old 03-28-11, 09:08 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Love the ocean shots, can't wait for the warm weather to come here in Ct., it's still in the 30s. What's with mod-express? Did you pay the $20 for the "express" shipping? Even regular shipping is faster then that. Hope ya get them soon cause it sucks waiting on something.
Old 03-28-11, 11:35 AM
fatcat2
Driver

Originally Posted by deanshark
Love the ocean shots, can't wait for the warm weather to come here in Ct., it's still in the 30s. What's with mod-express? Did you pay the $20 for the "express" shipping? Even regular shipping is faster then that. Hope ya get them soon cause it sucks waiting on something.
no that's the price they make you pay. there is only one option for shipping(1-3 days). its been now 11 days and no sign of them. :-/ as of right now i would not recommend them to anyone, lets see how the build quality is when they come in(if they come in).

yeah i went for a drive along the coast and grabbed a bite to eat. then got to looking around and thought where i stopped to get my grub on was a perfect place for pictures. cant wait till it gets a little warmer so i can actually go in the water.
Old 03-28-11, 06:41 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

nice car, hope the shipping problem is resolved soon
Old 03-28-11, 07:18 PM
fatcat2
Driver

Got both my packages today within 20 minutes of each other, i was like a kid in a candy store:-) installed both of them(the sub is just sitting in there for the time being my drill was too big and would hit the glass in the back for me to drill proper holes). broke a bracket on my left headlight because i didnt know how to take it off properly. figured it out on the left one, you have to remove the fender liner and push on the back of the side lights for them to slip out. car sounds great with the little 8" sub, i love it.
Old 05-21-11, 12:21 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 293 Likes on 241 Posts

How does the HID light look in our UCF20's housing? Does it have bad glare? Can you post a picture of the beam against a garage wall or something at night?
Old 05-21-11, 01:24 PM
fatcat2
Driver

Originally Posted by sdls
How does the HID light look in our UCF20's housing? Does it have bad glare? Can you post a picture of the beam against a garage wall or something at night?
ill take one when i can, they glare, but not as bad as everyone is saying. i made sure they weren't bad because I hate when people blind me also. they did make a huge improvement in vision also. not saying i wouldn't rather have projectors, but that's a lot more money then i have to spend at this time. was thinking about buying a set of headlights at the junkyard and trying to sand the inside down which Ive seen some people do.
Old 05-21-11, 01:40 PM
tenchu
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatcat2
sold her to get my wife a newer car, she was driving a 94 accord(a beater) that i wasn't sure if it was going to last another day, we still have the accord and it still lives..some how. and she drive a '06 buick rendezvous
The accord will out live the Buick even with it being 12 years older :P
Old 05-23-11, 02:25 PM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good, congrats on the purchase. I really like what you've done so far, slow and steady
Old 05-23-11, 02:48 PM
Privateer
Driver

Fatcat, I'm curious, I noticed the amp you have in the trunk, where did you punch through the firewall to run your power cable, or did you run underneath?

Edit: NM.. I keep forgetting you have a 97 lol
Old 05-23-11, 02:59 PM
TrAPsTaR87
Driver School Candidate

You've got yourself a great car there. welcome to the club.
Old 05-23-11, 03:39 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by fatcat2
was thinking about buying a set of headlights at the junkyard and trying to sand the inside down which Ive seen some people do.
GL with that. Some of the aftermarket headlight assemblies have acrylic lenses, those would be easier. The OEM are glass. You'll need silica carbide or diamond to remove the baffling. To polish the glass out you'll need cerium oxide among other polishing compounds. The lapidary guys would have no problem but it is a bit time consuming.

You would be easier off by buying clear headlights off that auction site for $300 and doing this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...r-project.html
Old 05-23-11, 04:18 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Privateer
Fatcat, I'm curious, I noticed the amp you have in the trunk, where did you punch through the firewall to run your power cable, or did you run underneath?

Go through the rubber boot for the AC which comes through behind the glovebox.
Old 05-23-11, 04:19 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
GL with that. Some of the aftermarket headlight assemblies have acrylic lenses, those would be easier. The OEM are glass. You'll need silica carbide or diamond to remove the baffling. To polish the glass out you'll need cerium oxide among other polishing compounds. The lapidary guys would have no problem but it is a bit time consuming.

You would be easier off by buying clear headlights off that auction site for $300 and doing this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...r-project.html
The clear Depot headlights are glass.
Old 05-23-11, 06:35 PM
fatcat2
Driver

Originally Posted by Privateer

well for the time being, with the kit i bought, the cable was just barely long enough to go from the front of the car to the back without having to go through too much. so i couldn't get it to go from the battery, to the passenger side of the car, to the trunk. so i went from the battery, to the fender, to the door hinge(it has only minor pinch at that location compared to the rest of the door seal), under the carpet through a small hole in the trunk that was covered by a sticker they had.

i have since cleaned up that mess back there, i installed the 8in aftermarket sub (doesnt have enough bass for me but its a good quick fix till i fab a box) and drilled the amp on the top of the trunk next to the sub so the wiring to the sub is minimal. ill have to take pictures to show the new setup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new ls :-D