LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

How do I program 95 LS 400 remote??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 10:51 AM
TomWahjudi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTPED,

This is probably a moot point, but I have heard that some Lexus dealerships will do this as a courtesy service, if I were you I would just stop by and *ASK* how much it's going to cost to program an extra remote. If it costs too much, just leave and find another one if there is any, if not, keep trying on here.

Also consider that there might be a possibility that the keyless entry ECM (or whatever it's called) has reached its limit as far as the number of remotes that it can handle at the same time. Maybe you need to reset it beforehand in order to be sure that it's not "full" ? Maybe the new remote doesn't work properly ? Other possibilities ?

TFW
Old 03-25-03, 03:51 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is additional info about keys:

http://www.cureline.net/lex/audio/ho...rogramming.htm
Old 04-06-03, 04:15 PM
star5
Driver School Candidate

I finally magaged to make it work... basically I followed the same instruction except a minor change.
instead of turning once (step 7 in the picture), I did 2 times, that is erase the memory and add the new one. after I got the new one added, I followed the exact same procedure to add the 2nd one which is actually more previous one.. and it worked since then.
Old 04-08-03, 10:08 AM
kjbro
Rookie

Default What about 95 LS400?

Seems like we've left behind the issue of a "95 LS400". Did anyone with a 95 manage to re-program a remote. Unless I missed something, everyone who had success with re-program drives a different year. I think star5 drives a 96 or 97...glad he managed to re-program, but have not seen any success stories from a 95 owner.
Old 09-20-04, 05:03 PM
jtm1469
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick response. I know the numbers match on the back. I will give it a try. If not the Lexus dealer in Denver said it would be $50.00 to program. Thanks!!
Old 09-21-04, 11:34 AM
grizzly660
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the 1995 LS400 but I got these instructions to work about a month ago on my 1996 LS400. Maybe this will give a little hope. I posted my results and success in another post, I found the instructions were posted for the ES300.

1. Driver's door open and unlocked, all other doors closed and locked.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, remove key.
3. Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to on position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, release. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door. Open the door. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should cycle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock. Press again and the doors should unlock.
The following users liked this post:
Mcc1919 (03-29-24)
Old 09-21-04, 11:39 AM
kjbro
Rookie

I have a 1995 LS400 and tried the process some time ago with no success. Still looking for someone who has re-programed entry for a 95 LS400. Any success stories, excluding dealer help?
Old 11-28-04, 02:54 PM
95LS400Bob
Driver School Candidate

This is what worked for my 95. Watch every step and do it CAREFULLY or will not work.
here is the one works for me (id: HYQWDT-C):
1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.
3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door.
11. Open the door.
12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.
13. Close the door
14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.
15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.

Remember to only program 1 remote at a time. In other words...if two remotes...do this process seperately for each remote.

Last edited by 95LS400Bob; 11-28-04 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-29-04, 11:30 AM
jtm1469
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote Programming on a 1996?

Bob thanks for the response. Will it work on my 1996 as well? What about my current rermote? Will it still work after these steps?
Old 11-30-04, 08:19 AM
95LS400Bob
Driver School Candidate

I believe it works for 96 as well. Your other remote will work fine. Just program the new remote.
What threw me was I was pushing the button on one remote and then the other remote.....which has always been the way to program both remotes in most cars. But it wouldn't program boih remotes that way. So really all you need to do is program the new remote. The other one will still work.
Old 02-02-06, 12:30 PM
barami
Driver School Candidate

Default how do i program 93 LS400

I'm having problem with my remote
its not working anymore and when i try to open the door manually the alarm starts untill i open it from the other door... can anyone help me pls!!! i have tried the instructions but it didn't work..

yes pls if there is no way to get work again then how to disable the security?? i would put another remote if i know how to disable the original one..

thanks to all

Ahmed

Last edited by barami; 02-02-06 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-27-19, 03:45 PM
RTOWN
Driver School Candidate

When I bought my 95 ls 400 it didn't come with a key fob so I bought one online and followed the instructions on this thread with no luck. I took it to the dealer and they said that since my car has an immobilzer in it, they can not program it. Is anyone on this thread having the same dilemma as me? They never had a working one to begin with?
Old 04-27-19, 09:36 PM
DVL5WRK95
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RTOWN
When I bought my 95 ls 400 it didn't come with a key fob so I bought one online and followed the instructions on this thread with no luck. I took it to the dealer and they said that since my car has an immobilzer in it, they can not program it. Is anyone on this thread having the same dilemma as me? They never had a working one to begin with?

That sounds like a lazy *** dealer to me. My local dealer quoted me $140 for the fob and programming on my ‘95
Old 04-28-19, 07:17 AM
spuds
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 176 Posts

My understanding is you need a master key to program a master key.

Try Bylan's option?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-solution.html

Or get an aftermarket wireless system like this?
http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/Pro.../612/3105.aspx

Here is my drawn out experience trying to cheaply get spare keys when all I had was one valet key that would start the car
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...k-maybe-3.html

Last edited by spuds; 04-28-19 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-28-19, 12:37 PM
AlaskanLS
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Thank me later!

Originally Posted by RTOWN
Go to the page BE - 188 of this attached pdf file and follow the instruction "REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODE".
Attached Files

Quick Reply: How do I program 95 LS 400 remote??