LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New '95 Celsior owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-10, 04:49 AM
hatteroo
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking New '95 Celsior owner

I've been lurking around here for a bit actually began reading up on Aristo/2GS models, but came up on a deal for a Celsior I couldn't resist while looking for a beater car. I currently live in Okinawa, Japan and am loving my new ride as it's a huge night and day difference in comfort compared to my last 4 WRX/STi's (love them too and will probably go back to them in the next year or so) I've owned here and state side.

- 1995 Toyota Celsior UCF21

Mods:
- Field DHC-Limited height controller
- 18s (not sure the brand/model)
- unknown aftermarket rear bumper lip & side skirts

It's pretty much stock except the height controller, wheels, some body kit pieces. I'm trying to find a good front lip to complete the side skirts/rear bumper lip, add a subwoofer setup, replace the wheels with something of a deeper lip, and fill in the rear bumper area with muffler tips. I'm trying to keep the car conservative and clean all around so I guess I'm going for the "EXE" look rather than "VIP." Lemme know what you guys think

Old 12-19-10, 05:45 AM
Lexozz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So far so good, 2 inches off the front would make it look even better, but overall looks good. Congrats!
Old 12-19-10, 05:53 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

nice car...subaru's are prone to blowing head gaskets,i would never in a million years own one
Old 12-19-10, 12:24 PM
hatteroo
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexozz
So far so good, 2 inches off the front would make it look even better, but overall looks good. Congrats!
It goes a little lower than the in the picture on the front, but I'm not sure why it didn't lower itself as I had the controller set to L9 for the front. I dunno if it's just because my OEM A/S or the controller.

Originally Posted by python
nice car...subaru's are prone to blowing head gaskets,i would never in a million years own one
Thanks. Naw not really. Like I said I owned 4 of them 2 USDM & 2 JDM and they don't necessarily blow head gaskets unless its roughly over 100,000miles or you beat the **** out of it at that high of mileage. Also the 2.5L NA motors are more prone to the headgasket issue. I've been very happy with subarus but wanted a change of pace for a while and just cruise. Once I go to Tokyo next year I plan to look for a GDB STi.
Old 12-19-10, 01:06 PM
python
Lexus Champion

http://www.google.com/search?q=subar...rchBox&ie=&oe=
i work at napa auto parts and i server many shops...i cant even count how many times ive seen subarus come in with the problem, the 100,000 mile mark is probably right on target, so instead of replacing the timing belts u just do a head job? there is a shop called LIC motorsports in novato that only deals with subarus,thats all they do,nothing else,constant head gasket jobs...anyways hope to see more of u on our forums!
Old 12-19-10, 01:41 PM
hatteroo
Driver

http://www.google.com/search?q=subar...rchBox&ie=&oe=
i work at napa auto parts and i server many shops...i cant even count how many times ive seen subarus come in with the problem, the 100,000 mile mark is probably right on target, so instead of replacing the timing belts u just do a head job? there is a shop called LIC motorsports in novato that only deals with subarus,thats all they do,nothing else,constant head gasket jobs...anyways hope to see more of u on our forums!
That's cool I'm only stating my personal experience. I'm actually from the bay area (fairfield) and am very good friends with Noah & Adam of LIC and I bought one of their conversion cars from a previous owner (98 2.5RS w/wrx swap.) I do know at that high mileage and t-belt hasn't been done they (LIC) will usually do the belt, water pump, t-stat, idle tensioner, and maybe a few other minor things at the same time because it just makes sense to get it done right then and there rather than paying for 2 indivudal jobs and I know how meticulous/concious they are to actually help a customer out. I've never met a shop so customer orientated than them and they're the reason why I got into subarus actually.
Old 12-19-10, 01:45 PM
python
Lexus Champion

awesome..then we have mutual friends
Old 12-19-10, 01:47 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

clean celsior! for a 95, that looks mint
Old 12-19-10, 01:49 PM
hatteroo
Driver

awesome..then we have mutual friends
You work at the NAPA in Novato around the corner from their new shop off of sweetser?

Originally Posted by jadu
clean celsior! for a 95, that looks mint
Thanks man I wish I could say it's mint but it definently has a few minor scratches I need to buff out and a little bit of age as long as you stay 10ft away from it lol.
Old 12-19-10, 02:52 PM
python
Lexus Champion

i sure do bro! my name is jeff..hit me up
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34436028@N07/5211776116/
theres a pic of my Ls 400
btw i thought it was sweetster for years! lmao..
Old 12-19-10, 03:01 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

lolol small world.
Old 12-19-10, 03:37 PM
hatteroo
Driver

i sure do bro! my name is jeff..hit me up
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34436028@N07/5211776116/
theres a pic of my Ls 400
btw i thought it was sweetster for years! lmao..
Have you been by their new shop? It's a million times nicer than the old one and alot more roomy too! I helped take ALOT of Adam's scraped parts and rubbish out of there to the dump...god it took a whole day and several trips to the recyclers!

Btw now that I've seen your pic of the car I think I remember it now lol.

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
lolol small world.
Dude it really is and I'm happy to see ALOT of CA owners around here too
Old 12-19-10, 04:38 PM
python
Lexus Champion

yea the old one was a hole in the wall in the alley...justin tv btw
Old 12-21-10, 08:09 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by hatteroo
Lemme know what you guys think

If you change a single thing about that car you will be detracting from it. Just do me a favor and enjoy it the way it is!
Old 12-21-10, 08:36 AM
hatteroo
Driver

Well I would like a deeper dish for the front wheels but more than likely I'll leave it alone. I'm about to buy a sub/amp setup for the car and get all that mess started after new years. Other than a little audio upgrading I just have some maintenance intervals to update and I should be good. Definently alot less modding compared to when I had my imprezas.

Quick Reply: New '95 Celsior owner