LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

megan racing motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-10, 09:27 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
Default megan racing motor mounts

has anyone here used them? did you notice any ill vibes or anything? also, are they rubber or poly? the ads ive found are kinda vauge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-08-10, 01:55 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

what makes you think the SC mounts will fit the LS? the SC and LS have totally different sump configurations...
have you cross-referenced the stock mounts?
Old 10-09-10, 07:32 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sure those work, they are just the isolators , Its just some rubber with a bolt sticking out, im currently using some Ford tempo ones in my Ls because they are only $ 12 a piece brand new.
Old 10-10-10, 08:45 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

planning on trying them when i do the motor swap just cause.
Old 10-10-10, 09:14 PM
jrbump
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Good lord. megan motor mounts?

Maybe it's just me but the thought of megan, Ksport, etc etc etc or whatever color the new hotness from taiwan or PI is this year. On my LS400? WTFBBQ?

Buy the right one from lexus/toyota whatever. Keep your LS smooth and amazing like it should be.

Go buy a miata or a 240sx or some other cheap car to have fun with, keep your lexus nice.
Old 10-10-10, 09:21 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by jrbump
Good lord. megan motor mounts?

Maybe it's just me but the thought of megan, Ksport, etc etc etc or whatever color the new hotness from taiwan or PI is this year. On my LS400? WTFBBQ?

Buy the right one from lexus/toyota whatever. Keep your LS smooth and amazing like it should be.

Go buy a miata or a 240sx or some other cheap car to have fun with, keep your lexus nice.
sorry, but JIC/JunctionProduce/insert JDM hotness here

doesnt make engine mounts.

who gives a crap what the brand is as long as they have a decent history (which if you'll go and search the history of coils in this forum, megan does) and they WORK and LAST, and are proven to.

if these Megan isolators work well, last longer, and DONT make the car buzz like hell, i say why not?
Old 10-10-10, 09:32 PM
jrbump
Rookie

I guess, but all my experience either at the shop or at the track says to avoid the cheap stuff.

I have run cheap and ebay junk in the past out of necessity but have replaced it ASAP.

I have been reading alot of threads and I respect your input, but are the stock motor mounts so bad price wise that megan really is an option?

I knew i was entering the world of stupid expensive parts when I bought this car, so i guess I am just more inclined to find parts that preserve why i wanted an LS400 in the first place.
Old 10-10-10, 10:15 PM
Do.Man
Pole Position

as long as it works as good as the oem then why not? its just comes down to buying the "name" of certain things after awhile. not saying certain brands arent better than others or what not, but most things are like that nowadays.
Old 10-10-10, 11:33 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

the megan coils have been great for me and others on this board, but the motor mounts are something that someone may want to try. these MAY fit, but its unknown. they may work great, oor may be too stiff and cause more NVH, its UNKNOWN.

gotta start somewhere, but not goiing to get far if you limit a brand without checking it out. the only people i know that talk crap about Megan were running some of their first batches of product, years and years ago. havent heard anything bad in the past few years now.
Old 10-11-10, 04:58 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

actually, the megan mounts are more exspensive then stock mounts. i can get stock motor mounts and trans mount for half the price of those megans. if they are urethane, id rather have the megans. i have solid steel mounts in my 84 supra, no bad vibes. so im not worried about what you think my car will feel like with them.
Old 10-11-10, 06:57 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

i'm not a huge fan of "budget" parts myself but nobody else makes this product afaik. in the end this is a part that consists of a bolt and some rubber. i'd be very dissapointed if they mananged to screw that up.
Old 10-11-10, 11:50 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by williamb82
actually, the megan mounts are more exspensive then stock mounts. i can get stock motor mounts and trans mount for half the price of those megans. if they are urethane, id rather have the megans. i have solid steel mounts in my 84 supra, no bad vibes. so im not worried about what you think my car will feel like with them.
yeah but an L6 is inherently balanced.
a V8 isn't. lol.
Old 10-11-10, 04:25 PM
vinnie420
Driver School Candidate

I believe they are urethane, at least that's what it looks like in the description. Megan is by no means "budget" parts. I've never used them, but know many who have and from what I understand it's all first rate. @ williamb82 why not email megan and see if these parts are interchangable for the LS? This is a smooth v8 cars and I don't think any NVH that would be picked up would be terribly annoying you may not even notcie any difference. It's not like these motors have aggressive cams and they tend to be very quiet.
Old 10-11-10, 07:01 PM
jrbump
Rookie

Originally Posted by vinnie420
Megan is by no means "budget" parts. I've never used them, but know many who have and from what I understand it's all first rate.

Budget is the whole reason for Megan. They may have positioned themselves above the other taiwan/PI brands through both marketing and price point but they are far faaaaaar from "first rate".

Anyway, I guess my opinion is biased from the S Chassis world. Where for not too much more you can get real quality.
Old 10-11-10, 11:55 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by jrbump
Budget is the whole reason for Megan. They may have positioned themselves above the other taiwan/PI brands through both marketing and price point but they are far faaaaaar from "first rate".

Anyway, I guess my opinion is biased from the S Chassis world. Where for not too much more you can get real quality.
that's great.

what "first rate" parts would you say are easily available in the US?

Tanabe JUST recently started importing some of their coils and not the popular ones, buddy club doesnt import, algernon doesnt import, Tein does, but its an inferior design and only fits the 20 chassis, cusco doesn't, etc.....

JIC does but their customer service sucks and they tend to stop supporting their product as soon as (or right after) they intro a new line (for rebuilds)

Quick Reply: megan racing motor mounts