LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Procarparts

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-02, 03:08 PM
Christian
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procarparts

I'm having a problem with them. It's the second time I ordered the clear bumper lights from them. First time was a few months ago and everything was fine. By the time I ordered my money order from the bank (they dont accept european credit cards) the price for the lights was $49.95. 2 days later the price dropped to $39,95. The total with documentation and shipping was 75,95. Because I already got the money order from the bank I didnt care.
Now I ordered them again and sent them a money order with a total of 65.95. Thats the price they calculate on their website. Yesterday I received an e-mail and they are telling me my money order is short of money ($13). What are they trying? Don' they know there own website and calculation?
What do you guys think?
Old 07-14-02, 11:11 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I live in the U.S., and in regards to their shipping promptness etc, it is very good. Their shipping prices are way too high...I can't imagine how much they gouge international customers (I live in the same state as them and their prices are about 2.5 times higher than what UPS charges). But their eBay auctions usually have much more reasonable shipping costs, and I don't have to pay tax because I bypass their Andale link and Paypal the money directly (saved me about $12 on the taillights).
I would definitely email them and tell them that the cost on their website is what you sent. If you printed out the receipt, that would be good evidence.
I don't know if they have some kind of stipulation in their terms of condition that say international shipping could have extra charges...you might want to make sure. One thing that I can complain about them is that they do not reply to their emails at all sometimes.
Old 07-17-02, 07:23 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

yes, they wanted to charge me $150.00 for overnight shipping of these lights after they screwed up on the shipping date. I pointed out the overnight shipping should only be about $35.00, they said they could only do what their computers told them to do.

Terrible customer service.
Old 07-17-02, 10:35 PM
rsg
Pole Position

$150???? I think that's an appropriate overnight shipping fee to GERMANY (if that even exists) not anywhere in the Americas. They have very low prices and then make up for it with the shipping. I hate it, but it is happening everywhere: ebay, pricewatch, etc. Check out their ebay auctions though, they usually have okay shipping costs there. I think for my taillights on ebay the shipping was half of the website shipping charge.
Old 07-18-02, 04:57 AM
jahummer
Pole Position

I live in Florida. I had alredy paid them $20.00 for shipping. They said they would ship asap. A week went by so I contacted them and foud out that someone "dropped the ball" sho I requested that they overnight them to me at MY expense so they quoted me $150.00 to do this.

Any professional business like mine would have paid to overnight the product to the customer.

This just shows very poor customer service on their part as well as an intent to rip people off!!!!
Old 07-25-02, 12:35 PM
Christian
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I canceled the order by e-mail they answered me: "doublecheck your order# we don't have it"
I called them and they were a little bit surprised. Today I received the promised refund cheque. Procarpars paid $23 for shipping a cheque. Just sending me the lights and keeping my money order would have been cheaper for them.
Old 07-25-02, 11:46 PM
rsg
Pole Position

That's pretty funny...just shows that they have a bunch of employees working there who really don't care about their customers.
On a side note, they sent me a prepaid UPS label to send back my slightly defective tail lights. I actually just wanted to see if they would actually do it; maybe I can tell them to void the UPS number and Paypal me the amount of refund...they would probably laugh at me.