LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-02, 02:41 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)

Here is the quote I got from the importer for R-Spec for this unit:

"You will need the ASE664, which is the main unit and also the exclusive harness. So we will need to know the chassis number of your car which follwos:

UCF11 - '92 April to '94 Sep
UCF21 - '94 June to '00 July

The pricing is as follows:
ASE664 $470.00
Exclusive Harness $130.00
Shipping 10.00
Total: $610.00

No English manuals are available for this unit so we will advise you of basic operations. Also this unit is made for Japanese Domestic Models. We are not sure if it can be used on the export models. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you."

This is actually a lot less than I expected...what do you guys think? I don't know about the harness, does anyone know about this and if one can be made etc? Also do you think it will work with the "export" models?
I am very interested in ordering this, and I expect many people in this forum are also. Maybe a group buy?
Old 07-09-02, 04:17 PM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well actually i am dropped 2in on my air suspension....i just park the car on an even surface and wait till it become nice and level, then go out back in the trunk and turn the switch off...when i wake up next morning i get the tires tucked under the fender...and the rear also....i dont if iit just i get a bad system or what but it works finee

the only draw back is that once you go like over 50 then the front goes up a little...but its really cool....i need to post some pics...my pictures arent comming out so good on this digi cam...
Old 07-09-02, 11:46 PM
rsg
Pole Position

So no one is interested in this thing? I would really like to have control over the height of the car. I heard about this unit from this board, so does anyone know for sure if it works on the export models?
Is it worth $600 or is there another method to lower it?
Old 07-10-02, 10:42 AM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

yea i am intrested....pm one of the moderators and they will put up a stickey if everything is good....
Old 07-10-02, 11:39 AM
pascualjr
Driver School Candidate

Who is the importer?

I'm interested in it if they have an application for my '91 LS.

Thanks.
Old 07-11-02, 08:33 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

haven't seen "air suspension" threads in a long time. i thought i've heard all the tricks to dropping the air suspension(from loosening the "pencil like threads" to the r-spec air suspension controller. but i haven't heard of silverLS400's technique yet. that's pretty dope. i just want to ask a few questions:

so do you turn the air suspension back on in the morning time?

will the 2" drop stay on like that while you're driving 50 and below?

won't the suspension re-adjust itself?

could this be bad on the air suspension?

if you could respond i would appreciate it. i thought of buying the air suspension controller, but a guy told me all i needed was an r-spec controller(that was like $250) i didn't know about the other stuff.
Old 07-11-02, 09:00 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Wait, the air suspension controller IS the R-Spec controller. Where can you get it for $250???

Last edited by rsg; 07-11-02 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-12-02, 08:55 AM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

Originally posted by LSPiNoY
haven't seen "air suspension" threads in a long time. i thought i've heard all the tricks to dropping the air suspension(from loosening the "pencil like threads" to the r-spec air suspension controller. but i haven't heard of silverLS400's technique yet. that's pretty dope. i just want to ask a few questions:

so do you turn the air suspension back on in the morning time?

will the 2" drop stay on like that while you're driving 50 and below?

won't the suspension re-adjust itself?

could this be bad on the air suspension?

if you could respond i would appreciate it. i thought of buying the air suspension controller, but a guy told me all i needed was an r-spec controller(that was like $250) i didn't know about the other stuff.

ok so heres the deal i just get the car on a level surface...and turn the switch off...i leave it for a good 5 hrs...and the car should be dropped i dont bother turning it on....i drive around like it for about a week or so...sometimes if u go past 50 it will go up alittle or if u botttom out...

as far as it being dangerous to the unit...i really dont kno but i have been doing it for 3 months now and its still working fine...i put the system on once in a while....if the system is turned off i dont see why its a problem.

i have to post some pics of my grill for GOD...and ill get some ffender pics...u will love it..
Old 07-12-02, 09:53 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

The method that Silver was saying is that him air suspension (AS) shock is broken. Normally, the shock does not loose height by parking for a long period of time even the system is turned off. Currently, i have the problem. My left-front shock is leaking and it can not retain the pressure. After few hours, the left-front will drop to the ground.

There are three ways to lower the AS:

1. Electronic control: Which is R-Spec height control computer. The question i have is the R-Spec unit adjustable?

2. Rod Control: The second method is shorten the RODS located inner side of the brake area. The best way to do it is go the dealer and order a pair of the "rear rods" The rear rods are much easier to adjust and more room to adjust the height. I think this is the best and cheapest way to lower the AS system.

3. Turn off the system: I am not sure this method would work, but here we go. Turn the system "ON" and jack the whole car up for a while. As the car is lowered, turn on the engine and immediately go to the truck and turn "Off" the AS system. This is from personal experience. Everytime my car is in the shop, the system will lower the car until you turn on the engine. After the engine is on, the system is on and it will automatically re-adjust itself. Before system can re-adjust, that is when you should turn off the system.

I hope this will help. NOW, ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA LEFT-FRONT AS SHOCK? I WILL PAID CASH. EMAIL ME.

DAVID
Old 07-12-02, 10:07 AM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

actaully doc my air shocks are perfectly fine.....

it will hold all the air in...its just when u get the car all the way up and it lets the air out then it get lowerd....also it works for all my shocks...my car doesnt sit on the ground like those old mark lincolns...sorry bud but dont make statements about me car that is not true....
Old 07-12-02, 03:07 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Silver,

Please call the dealer and tell them "well actually i am dropped 2in on my air suspension....i just park the car on an even surface and wait till it become nice and level, then go out back in the trunk and turn the switch off...when i wake up next morning i get the tires tucked under the fender...and the rear also....i dont if iit just i get a bad system or what but it works finee " Ask the tech if the above statement is normal or not. The answer is "ITS NOT NORMAL" AS doesnt loose air after the car is parked overnight. The AS is loosing air that is why its lowered.

Good Luck on you AS.

david
Old 07-12-02, 04:29 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Yeah I wouldn't try that method of turning off the AS system...doesn't sound right. The R-Spec is adjustable. That's what I want, something I can adjust whenever I want to so it doesn't bottom out when I'm driving in the city.
Old 07-12-02, 04:44 PM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

since you want to get technical with me and a smart @$$, i just had my system checked out when i replaced my passanger control arm and the tech report came our clean on the whole system..thank you very much.....
Old 07-12-02, 05:11 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

I think the tech made enought money off your control arms and he feels bad making more money of your AS. Silver, just call a Lexus Service Dealer and tell them what you said. LS400 doesnt drop 2" automatically overnight. If it does, there is something wrong with the AS system. That is the bottom line.

Right now, my front left shock is bad. My car is leaning to the left and front. That type of lean is not normal.

david
Old 07-12-02, 05:16 PM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

Originally posted by healerhand
I think the tech made enought money off your control arms and he feels bad making more money of your AS. Silver, just call a Lexus Service Dealer and tell them what you said. LS400 doesnt drop 2" automatically overnight. If it does, there is something wrong with the AS system. That is the bottom line.

Right now, my front left shock is bad. My car is leaning to the left and front. That type of lean is not normal.

david
actually he didnt make much money off of me cause...i only paid 250 to replace my upper control arm. and my car doesnt do no leans or anything of such sort...i just put the system on and its been a few hours and there no drop....my system is good belive me...when i bought the car my father took it into lexus for 2 days to do a check up and diao.

Quick Reply: ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)