LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Best A/C refrigerant for LS. First Gen 90-92 and also ANY

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 01:01 PM
SEBASS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best A/C refrigerant for LS. First Gen 90-92 and also ANY

Hi guys. From what i have been reading it looks like FR-12 is best option to go with for R-12 A/C system and not only but also any R-134 A/C system.
I am basing this on what i have read in different sources about refrigerant.
Another one which i was considering was HC-12a but it could be flammable so i think i will choose FR-12.

Two questions. My A/C blows hot air now, but i checked compressor visually on belts and it is spinning. Next i checked A/C codes and it came back with 00 which I THINK would indicate A/C system is ok???? YES??? Concluding that i lacks refrigerant? So here is my question.

1. Basing on 00 code is my A/C system ok?, meaning has no leaks?
2. Does anyone on this forum uses FR-12 refrigerant? and if so what are your results.

Here is what my little research found.

FRIGC-12: A product of CFC Refimax, FRIGC FR-12 is part of a new family of innovative refrigerants and other energy saving products.

FRIGC FR-12 provides a responsible, cost effective and technically superior choice when converting from R-12, R-500, OZ-12, HC12A and DURACOOL 12 which have all been ruled as an unacceptable R-12 Replacement by the United States EPA.

Great for Medium Temperature Stationary Refrigeration Applications, Automotive A/C, and the Process Industries.

Even new, and converted, R-134a systems can benefit from FR-12's unique formulation.

DOES NOT REQUIRE OIL CHANGES!!

Advantages:

Replacement for R-134a
FR-12 can also replace R-134a in newer vehicles. If your system is not performing well in hot temperatures or at idle, you can recover the R-134a and then charge with FRIGC (FR-12). Vent temperatures and head pressures will be lower.

Proven Cooling Performance
An innovative and patented blend of affordable refrigerants, FRIGC FR-12 matches R-12's coolant profile for excellent performance with FR-12 A/C systems. It solves the high-side condenser pressure problems observed with R-134a, for greater reliability particularly in warm, humid climates. Because it doesn't strain the A/C system, FRIGC FR-12 protects the life of this equipment, for potential maintenance savings.

Why FRIGC (FR-12)?

FRIGC (FR-12) is rated A1/A1 by ASHRAE and Underwriter Laboratories. This means it is non-toxic and non-flammable. It is not explosive!!
FRIGC (FR-12) is accepted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
FRIGC (FR-12) can be used successfully in more vehicles than other alternatives
FRIGC (FR-12) will not affect hoses, and o-rings
FRIGC (FR-12) needs no flushing or part changes
FRIGC (FR-12) will not put compressors under more pressure than they were designed to handle

FR-12 Versus R-134a

FR-12 has lower high and low-side pressures
FR-12 is designed to replace R-12
FR-12 is an enhanced R-134a blend
FR-12 is more compatible with the existing oil in R-12 systems
FR-12 produces a faster interior cool down
FR-12 is less susceptible to system shut-down under hot idle conditions
FR-12 system runs at lower temperatures and pressures, extending compressor and system life expectancy
FR-12 system has less system leakage because of lower pressure
No Change in Lubricant
In R-12 A/C systems, the refrigerant circulates the lubricant, mineral oil. While FR-12's direct compatibility eliminates the need to change lubricants, we recommend that you add two or three ounces of POE (polyester oil) on top of the existing mineral oil. This will improve oil circulation and enhance system durability.

Use your Existing R-12 Equipment

FRIGC FR-12 can be installed using your existing R-12 manifold gauges, recovery/recycle equipment, vacuum pumps, etc., through the use of simple adapter fittings. There is no need to make a large investment in new equipment to begin installing FRIGC FR-12 today
Old 04-03-10, 10:01 AM
SEBASS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone has this refrigerant in their system ?