LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Where does this vacuum line go to?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-10, 06:48 PM
BrittonJ85
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where does this vacuum line go to?

Hello,

I am new and am having a hard time searching this forum. I used to be part of the Acurazine forum when I had my 91 Acura Legend and 03 Acura Cl but I moved on to some greater! An LS400....

My problem is, I am missing 2 vacuum lines. So I went to crazy rays and got the lines but I don't remember the part name in which these vacuum lines connect to.

There are 2 lines. 1, connect to the intake to the manifold. The 2nd line connects to the intake and somewhere under the ''power steering reservoir''. The thing is, I can figure out what the name is for the 2 piece connectors. Reason being, well....... The 2 piece connector which both of the vacuum lines connect to is broken. Is there some way I can replace or path it so I can reconnect the vacuum lines?

And sorry if this is a reposted issue. I couldn't figure out how to work the forums.

Also, I've posted a pictures to show which vacuum lines I am asking about. Please note, this engine photo I found from searching the forums. It's too dark in Baltimore to take an engine picture.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Where does this vacuum line go to?-cimg1933.jpg  
Old 03-22-10, 07:23 PM
Legionofon
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of those is definitely not a vacuum hose...
Old 03-22-10, 07:27 PM
BrittonJ85
Rookie

Originally Posted by Legionofon
One of those is definitely not a vacuum hose...
Really..... Hmm. Then what would it be? I am trying to figure out if that ''2 port connect that both of the hoses connect to can be replace because the ports broke''.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-10, 08:40 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to know what the one on the left side is too, mine is loose and its only being held there by a ziptie
Old 03-22-10, 08:58 PM
Legionofon
Rookie

The one on the left is part of the PCV system, it draws crank gases into the intake... anyway I dont know about the connector down there go grab a new one from the junk yard...
Old 03-22-10, 09:03 PM
AzHotLS
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They both go to the Air Control Valve which is located on the lower side of the power steering pump.

Now that you know the name, search for "ACV" to find many threads discussing it. Either replace it or remove the ACV replacing it with a bolt and cap them off. The ACV is supposed to make turning easier at lower speeds. Many have removed it without noticing a difference in steering. Your choice. When my ACV went bad (allowing PS fluid to enter the manifold) I replaced it.

Last edited by AzHotLS; 03-22-10 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-22-10, 09:09 PM
BrittonJ85
Rookie

The one on the left is part of the PCV system, it draws crank gases into the intake... anyway I dont know about the connector down there go grab a new one from the junk yard...
That could be the reason why the car is having issues cranking and when it does start it shuts off.
Old 03-22-10, 09:12 PM
BrittonJ85
Rookie

Originally Posted by AzHotLS
They both go to the Air Control Valve which is located on the lower side of the power steering pump.

Now that you know the name, do a search to find many threads discussing it. Either replace it or remove the ACV replacing it with a bolt and cap them off. The ACV is supposed to make turning easier at lower speeds. Many have removed it without noticing a difference in steering. Your choice. When my ACV went bad (allowing PS fluid to enter the manifold) I replaced it.
Cool thanks! Where did you get you're from? Also, I notice PS fluid was leaking onto this. I should get this fix ASAP then.
Old 03-22-10, 09:17 PM
Legionofon
Rookie

Fix every PS leak ASAP because it can destroy your alternator
Old 03-22-10, 09:25 PM
BrittonJ85
Rookie

Fix every PS leak ASAP because it can destroy your alternator
I was afraid you would say that. I don't want my alternator to walk out the door. I am trying to get the car ready for the summer car shows and road trips.

Thanks for you're help.
Old 03-22-10, 10:17 PM
AzHotLS
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I remember correctly, I bought it at AutoZone for about $80. I had a hard time getting the original one off so I took it to a mechanic to have it replaced. The part number is 17630-70020 (for a 90). I've heard parts.com is supposed to have the cheapest parts, but I couldn't find the part, you may have to contact them with the part number to get a price.

Definitely get it fixed soon if it's leaking on you alternator.

Last edited by AzHotLS; 03-22-10 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 10:42 AM
camthman
Driver School Candidate

Just delete the damn thing. You don't need it, it just causes problems. Most people get rid of it as I did....
Old 03-23-10, 10:48 AM
BrittonJ85
Rookie

Originally Posted by camthman
Just delete the damn thing. You don't need it, it just causes problems. Most people get rid of it as I did....
How did you delete you'res?

I am working on the car now. We had to fill the broken port with silicon and now are waiting for it to dry. I tried to get another ACV from the junk yard but its too much of a long process to remove it plus I didn't have all the tools so I'm going to do what you guess said and plug it. Hopefully this will resolve the issue that I am having with my car not wanting to start and when it does, it shuts off afterwards.
Old 03-23-10, 11:12 AM
camthman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BrittonJ85
How did you delete you'res?

I am working on the car now. We had to fill the broken port with silicon and now are waiting for it to dry. I tried to get another ACV from the junk yard but its too much of a long process to remove it plus I didn't have all the tools so I'm going to do what you guess said and plug it. Hopefully this will resolve the issue that I am having with my car not wanting to start and when it does, it shuts off afterwards.
unscrew it from the bottom of the power steering pump, Go buy a bolt that is the same thread pitch,size, whatever as the one you pulled out. Wrap it in pipe tape and throw the bolt in there. Cap off the vacuum line nipples. DONE.

There are many threads about this that tell you step by step how to do it.... Im just telling you in a few sentences.