LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Help me with 90ls400

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 01:03 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with 90ls400

Does anybody have the fuse box cover that they could post a picture of for a 90 ls400? I dont have one and have already searched the forums..... and googled it to no avail. Please dont send me to lexus.com either. I have a 90ls400 that I bought for $600 and it needed a starter , i put in the starter and it still wont start relay is clicking. everything is hooked up I got the new starter benchtested before i put it in and it is perfect, took it back apart because it wouldnt start and ran a wire from the battery to the hotside and it turned over. Park light is on in the dash and i am holding the shifter forward so i dont think it is the neutral safety switch. I tried the alarm trick and still nothing , everything else works. Checked all fuses and they are all good but i noticed one new one under the steering column , a 10amp and the plastic around it is burnt.......... im going to check it tomorow and see if it is getting power to it . If you were laying under the steering column it is the farthest row to the left and it is the second fuse from the bottom. Im sorry for making this so long but i was just trying to be descriptive as possible .... and also even though i know that is the only fuse that is new down there ( different brand than the factory fuses) i still would really like to get a picture of the cover with the fuse listings. Thanks to all and any that can help me with this. This is the 2nd time ive torn it down now!! starting to get frustrated. oh and btw it does not have air ride or any other features so if that makes a difference on th fuse box let me know.
Old 03-04-10, 01:22 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

The fuses are described in your owners manual. I just now checked at verified that you can view the 1990 LS400 owners manual and the fuse information at https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

There is no need to register to see the owners manuals for any year and model.
Old 03-04-10, 01:25 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

thanks bud
Old 03-04-10, 01:29 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

the link wouldnt work for me maybe my computer is a piece haha. Could somebody please post pics if possible? looked on ebay couldnt really see it good though thanks thanks thanks
Old 03-04-10, 08:12 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

come on guys help me out!!!
Old 03-04-10, 10:50 PM
Amskeptic
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by willhickey
Does anybody have the fuse box cover that they could post a picture of for a 90 ls400? I dont have one and have already searched the forums..... and googled it to no avail. Please dont send me to lexus.com either. I have a 90ls400 that I bought for $600 and it needed a starter , i put in the starter and it still wont start relay is clicking. everything is hooked up I got the new starter benchtested before i put it in and it is perfect, took it back apart because it wouldnt start and ran a wire from the battery to the hotside and it turned over. Park light is on in the dash and i am holding the shifter forward so i dont think it is the neutral safety switch. I tried the alarm trick and still nothing , everything else works. Checked all fuses and they are all good but i noticed one new one under the steering column , a 10amp and the plastic around it is burnt.......... im going to check it tomorow and see if it is getting power to it . If you were laying under the steering column it is the farthest row to the left and it is the second fuse from the bottom. Im sorry for making this so long but i was just trying to be descriptive as possible .... and also even though i know that is the only fuse that is new down there ( different brand than the factory fuses) i still would really like to get a picture of the cover with the fuse listings. Thanks to all and any that can help me with this. This is the 2nd time ive torn it down now!! starting to get frustrated. oh and btw it does not have air ride or any other features so if that makes a difference on th fuse box let me know.
If the starter relay is clicking, then you do not need to go on a goose chase through the fuse box. The starter relay is in the engine compartment. Pull it and bridge the 2-4 contacts. If the engine does not turn over, your problem is downstream at the starter/starter solenoid.
Colin
Old 03-05-10, 04:39 AM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

even if the burnt fuse in the other box under the steering column? what do you mean bridge the 2-4 contacts? thanks thanks thanks
Old 03-05-10, 09:29 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

come on guys nobody has pics??????????
Old 03-06-10, 07:20 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a first gen, and would take pics for you but I am a trucker on the road. I didnt get a chance to go home this weekend as I was trying to do. I will keep looking for you and post up when I have a chance if you havent found it by then.
Old 03-06-10, 09:20 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

thanks alot man .... im so frustrated that we are on a forum and i need help and noone can take 2 minutes out of there day to snap a pic of the cover and post it on here. what goes around comes around i guess and whenever these people need help i hope they get the same amount of help as i have received.
Old 03-06-10, 09:33 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by willhickey
thanks alot man .... im so frustrated that we are on a forum and i need help and noone can take 2 minutes out of there day to snap a pic of the cover and post it on here. what goes around comes around i guess and whenever these people need help i hope they get the same amount of help as i have received.
its been TWO DAYS.

chill.
Old 03-06-10, 09:43 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

thats true man haha sorryguys it just feels like an eternity
Old 03-09-10, 08:19 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

bump it up!!