LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New member from Denmark. (Pics of my LS400)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 12:58 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink New member from Denmark. (Pics of my LS400)

I think its about time i post info and pics of my ride. First of all i must say that i'm ashamed of my standard 15" wheels. But i'm saving up for some 20" and a air bag suspension system. For now the "Spec list" is like this:

The car:
LS400 year 1991.
Its a two tone color. Dark green almost black on the top and dark grey at the bottom.
Tan interior color. Love the color :-)
Europe spec with front lip and fog lights. Armrest in the back with cup holders and buttoms for heated seats.

Engine:
K&N Air filter, removed the airbox. Sounds really good when i make kickdown and got a little better speeder respons.

Wheels:
Standard 15" winter tires.

Suspension:
Standard. No air.

Sound system:
Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD Touch screen with Lexus logo.
Standard Pioneer speakers.
I have two Pioneer amps and, a sub and two speaker component set ready to install when the weather gets better.

Styling:
Took all the white and green bulbs and led's out and changed them to xenon white and orange led's. Looks much more exclusive in my opinion. And uniqe of'course. The Pioneer headunit has the orange led's so its all matching.
Also put some difused orange bulbs under the seats so it gets a exclusive look. Got the idea from my buddy's S500 which have it standard.
Clear glass headlights with custom projector fit inside with 6000k Xenon.
White front and side blinkers instead of old orange ones.
Ccustom VIP grill with chrome stripes and then i cut out alot of the vertical "lines" in the grill to get a more clean look.
Rear view camera mounted on top of the number plate.

Future styling plans:
I want to keep the car clean and original without to much fancy stuff, but i like the VIP look so thats the way its hopefully going to look when i'm done my mods.
Tinted windows.
20" Rims.
Air Suspension.
Steering wheel with wood on top and bottom and new leather.
Could also use a 3rd brake light. (Original). So please say if you have one laying around.

I think thats about it. Now look at the pics.

I Hope you like it and sorry for any bad spelling there might be ;-)

Last edited by Rollaboy; 03-03-10 at 01:13 AM. Reason: added info
Old 03-03-10, 03:08 AM
silos5
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car looks pretty clean fot its age!!

what air suspension are you planing to run? (I´m also from europe, thats why I ask)
Old 03-03-10, 05:02 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

loving the lsyour car is super clean, looks like a car thats only a couple of years old. good job... i like!!
Old 03-03-10, 05:16 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

very nice car, the daytime pictures of the eagle eyes headlights look good.
Old 03-03-10, 05:37 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car. Keep us posted.
Old 03-03-10, 08:50 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like how you did your grill, very subtle

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-03-10, 11:12 AM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car! looks just like my Celsior!
give some thought to 18's or 19' rims that aren't VIP, performance rims look really nice on this car.
Old 03-03-10, 12:24 PM
posdriftin
Pole Position

i didnt think you could mod suspension in denmark? looks awesome though... looking forward to coming to denmark at end of year... super clean car
Old 03-03-10, 01:16 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks super clean. Grill and headlights really updates your car.
Old 03-03-10, 04:40 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

car is coming along very nicely man, how do u like that pioneer head unit i just bought the newer model. and waiting on the damn trim kit and wire harness 2 come in
Old 03-03-10, 04:42 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

very clean ls. love the interior and the lights
Old 03-03-10, 08:45 PM
Twix
Pole Position

Gee, I'm loving it !!!
Looks great!!!

I noticed that there is something in the rear arm rest?
What is that?

A hint for the rear brake light...I didn't have one, so I got one from ebay...
The rear shelf (panel) is diferent than the one made for the third brake light, so you are going to have to do some cutting (ugly, but I had to do it),or get the whole shelf.

Last edited by Twix; 03-03-10 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-03-10, 10:01 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice. Only suggestion, trash the K&N filter. I used to run them in my car till I noticed how much dirt was on the other side of the filter. I really like what you did to the headlights.
Old 03-03-10, 10:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, excellent! Welcome to ClubLexus and thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful 1991 LS 400.

It looks extremely well maintained for its age...and I love the mods, they look nicely integrated and very useful!!!
Old 03-04-10, 01:25 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Thank you very much for your nice words :-) What can I say.. I'm in pursuit of perfection, so maybe thats why i have a Lexus ;-) But yes the car is in very good condition. It has been taking good care of through the years. A shame that i dont have a garage to keep it in. But i'm taking as good care of it as i can. Its from 91 and have driven 266.000km. Thats about 165.000 miles, and still runs like a dream.

The only bad things with it has been a dead lcd display which is a standard problem on this model and then i have a power steering that is leaking and my ac compressor is making noises though it works fine. But for me being a perfectionist i will take care of alle these things soon when the weather gets better. But all in all I'm very satisfied with the car. Definently the best car i've had.

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
very nice car, the daytime pictures of the eagle eyes headlights look good.
yeah the eagly eyes really helped on the update of the car. I'm still waiting for some new corner lights which I will mod with clear glass taken from the ugly corner lights from the eagle eye set. I think its gonna turn out really well. And i'm very happy with the Xenon.

Originally Posted by Asia-H.T.
I like how you did your grill, very subtle

Keep up the good work!
Thanks. It took quite a time to cut all those vertical ribs, but i could not stand the old original mesh look and could not find a 94+ grill to use, so why not just make my own. I actually think it looks better than a 94+ grill so i'm satisfied.

Originally Posted by Kingsoup
Nice car! looks just like my Celsior!
give some thought to 18's or 19' rims that aren't VIP, performance rims look really nice on this car.
Well I can't really give you that, since i dont think it looks good with sport wheels on a LS. I'm definently into the VIP styling. It's a cruiser, not a racer imo.

Originally Posted by posdriftin
i didnt think you could mod suspension in denmark? looks awesome though... looking forward to coming to denmark at end of year... super clean car
yeah its illegal to intall air suspension, but i will take the change and tell the inspector that its born with air. The same with the Xenon. Theres only about 50 LS400 in Denmark i think. Lexus is a rare brand in Denmark. If you're going to visit Denmark i would say may until august is the best time to visit if you want to see the good weather. But you may be lucky to catch some good weather at the end of the year.

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
car is coming along very nicely man, how do u like that pioneer head unit i just bought the newer model. and waiting on the damn trim kit and wire harness 2 come in
I am very pleased with my Pioneer head unit. I have always been a pioneer lover and still is. It was very cheap and does all the things it should in a very good way. And it looks just perfect in my car. So for a 2-din HU without navi i will give it 9 out of 10 stars.

Originally Posted by Twix
Gee, I'm loving it !!!
Looks great!!!

I noticed that there is something in the rear arm rest?
What is that?

A hint for the rear brake light...I didn't have one, so I got one from ebay...
The rear shelf (panel) is diferent than the one made for the third brake light, so you are going to have to do some cutting (ugly, but I had to do it),or get the whole shelf.
There is two cup holders in the armrest and buttons for seatheat. I need to change the led's from green to orange and then i will take a closer picture . Yeah i've searched for the 3rd brakelight and also came across a thread here on CL where i saw pictures of the "problem". But yeah i would really like to have the original rear shelf with integrated brake light. But I would also like to see a picture of how yours look like.

Originally Posted by sam12345
Very nice. Only suggestion, trash the K&N filter. I used to run them in my car till I noticed how much dirt was on the other side of the filter. I really like what you did to the headlights.
Hmm i really love the fast speeder respons and the sound of the V8 getting to live when i drive slow behind a old man and just hit the floor and hear the V8 make a deep scream and just pass the other cars in no time. I love it I have looked at the filter several times and havent found any dirt on the inside. Its super clean.

Well thank you everybody for giving me a good welcome on CL. Will look forward to post some more pictures when i get some more mods on the car.

Quick Reply: New member from Denmark. (Pics of my LS400)