LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New member from Denmark. (Pics of my LS400)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 02:08 AM
vioswhite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's very nice and clear..

wish to see your 20'' soon
Old 03-04-10, 04:14 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Vioswhite.

Yeah i really need some bags and some 20" on that car. It would change the whole appereance of the car.

But what do you guys think. Should i go with chrome or polished? I wish my car was total limo black but its not. its only very dark green. in the evening you cant really see its not limo black. Only when the sun is shinning. So i will not go with black wheels and chrome ring. Then the color difference will appear.

I cant affort to get the whole car painted black. Its also a big project to do. But i dont know if i should go with chrome or polished wheels. I found the wheels i want.

Trafficstar DTX 20". What do you think?

Just think this LS430 looks badass with those wheels on. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-parfume.html

I also like the AME Shallen AX wheels and they were my favorite until i saw these Trafficstar DTX. But damn i need to safe up quickly. I want to ride on these wheels this summer :-P
Old 03-04-10, 05:34 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are Maya DX2 as well. I don't know who bought who but they are the same wheels from the same manufacturer with a different name.
Here they are with the Maya brand: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...cstar-dtx.html
Just wanted to give that info in case you came across a good deal for the Mayas instead.
Beauty wheels either way.
Old 03-04-10, 01:44 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

I would go for the Pollished version, same as in the link you posted. that will look best IMO, But if Chrome is your thing, Go for it! probably much more expensive though

I have some chrome Shallen LX's laying around, I don't like them, nor dislike them But they sure get the looks when you buff them up

20's are quite big, but they will work, here's mine on some 20's:

too big for me though or maybe not....

Last edited by Asia-H.T.; 03-04-10 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-05-10, 12:16 AM
silos5
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

polished I say. Chrome is too bling and black is kinda played out ( unless its super agressive)! And as for the wheel size, it´s ur choice, but i think 20 r big. for ls400 98-00 they seem ok. but you will need too tiny tyre to go low. Depends on the roads u have there!!
Old 03-05-10, 01:08 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Yeah i think i will go with polished as well. I'm really into black vip cars and chrome wheels or black in black, but my car is not black so i think i will just stay with the polished version with silver stripes.

Asia-H.T you car looks really good with those wheels on. They are a little too much star like spokes to me. I like it a little more plate like, as the AME Shallen AX or the Trafficstar DTX. But the AME Shallen LX is also very nice. I think i saw a picture of your car here on CL with the LX mounted? Looks pretty nice. Are they for sale? I saw you were from Holland so maybe we could work something out. Are they 20" ? What kind a suspension are you rolling? I think its hard to find some bag system unless its from USA. Maybe you have some contacts or info on where to get some good stuff? Send me a PM if you would like to talk some more.

As if i should go with 19" or 20" I have already said to myself that i WANT air suspension so i then think i might as well go with 20". I think the 1gen LS looks fine with 20" on it when its going low. Its a big car and i might as well go all the way :-) And for roads they are not that good over here but i can always rise the car a little when driving if i have the air sus.
Old 03-05-10, 01:19 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Schnitz
Those are Maya DX2 as well. I don't know who bought who but they are the same wheels from the same manufacturer with a different name.
Here they are with the Maya brand: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...cstar-dtx.html
Just wanted to give that info in case you came across a good deal for the Mayas instead.
Beauty wheels either way.
And thanks for the link Schnitz, i already found out with the brand name because of the US import etc. But thank you for the link anyway. Another thing imo is that those wheels dont fit that whte Nissan or what it is.
Old 03-05-10, 05:35 AM
silos5
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rollaboy,
I´m from Estonia and I did search for air susp in Europe but didnt find much. Most susp is for Euros. There is HPS airride and some more, I´ve seen cars in UK mags with airbags as well. As for the wheels I also did some search. I was looking for WORK wheels here and I found a dealer in UK and Germany, but the prices were HUGE!!! Like in US rims were 2600$, in Germany there were 3500€! SICK!!! Luckily I found a guy in US who arranged me a conteiner shipping here. Way cheaper, and you can pass customs if you know how to .
Old 03-05-10, 01:39 PM
jbelway
Driver School Candidate

I like it... same colour as mine.
Old 03-05-10, 01:44 PM
jbelway
Driver School Candidate

Did I see lights under the back of the drivers seat? Is that OEM? I just thought of something that been bothering me.... is there a light wher the ignition key goes in? I find the ignition switch hard to see at night.
Old 03-05-10, 04:20 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Hi Silos5. Would be nice if you could send me a PM on how to get good shipping price. But sounds like you buy alot if you arranged a whole container? Did you get any air ride yet? i know K-sport make for our car but i'm not 100% sure of the quality. We do have alot of bad weather here in Denmark so i need a set which dont wears out after 1-2 years.

jbelway, yeah there is a ring with light around the keyhole to find it easily.

The amber light under the seats is custom. I just took some universal blinkers and mounted under the seat. Looks great and not too much.
Old 03-06-10, 05:09 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

uuhm, I get al my stuff from the USA, that's no problem for me. If you're really serious I might find a good way to have things shipped from me to you in denmark. but Air suspension ain't cheap, and I don't know where to find a good deal on them

the LX's are 19", I can stuff 20's under the car easily without having problems with the accuracy of the speedometer. Since I have a 93 which has the same diameter as more modern LS400's and LS430's. The diameter of your wheels is smaller than +93 models. So you're best of having smaller tires, I suppose 30 series sidewall's.

Or you can go with 19's and having some more meat on them, so your wheels won't damage so easily as with 20's.

I'm willing to sell my Shallen LX's, but as I said, they are 19 inch, and I have a lot of money in them already which I want back if I sell them. Or else I keep them, no need to get rid of them.
Old 03-06-10, 09:51 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Yeah i've heard that on the early LS400 like mine there isnt that much space for the wheels also? But i'm just thinking when i have air ride i can just adjust the hight.

But my LS400 is rolling on orignal 15" with 205/65-15 winter tires. And then I use a tire calculator to find out what size i need if i want to go on 20" to have the same rotation and accuracy of the speedometer. And yeah if i want 20" its smaller tires but thats the name of the game I think it should be something like this in the front: 225/30-20 and maybe 245/30-20 in the back if i go with some wider wheels in the back?

If i put 19" on it could be something like this? 235/35-19 and maybe 265 or 275/30-19 in the back. But actually i found that the 20" tires are about half the price of the 19" ??? i usully buy tires from delticom.com which has been most cheap for me.

But at the time my money is kindda low, but it cant harm to send me a PM with more info on the LX wheels and tires and a price. I was also thinking about maybe drive down to you to get them myself instead of shipping and then make a trip out of it.

But what i also talked about on PM with Silos5 i just came back from vacation in Thailand where i saw the Trafficstar DTX in a shop. They were copies and only in 18" and they said they could not get them bigger. It was $700 for a set in 18". But later at the vacation i spotted a car with the wheels on and they were 19" so maybe they also make them in 20". I know copies are not as good as original and not 3 piece wheels but if i could get those in 20" for a good price i might take them. My brother is going to Thailand in a few weeks so he will look into it.

The only thing that is killing me to shop from USA is the shipping etc. So if i could get my wheels from Thailand and maybe get a air ride set in europe it would be nice. i just dont know where to find it.
Old 03-06-10, 12:19 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Space in your wheel wells is the same as '93-'94, It's just the tire that's a little smaller. But who cares, I drive a smaller diameter than I should be originally, Smaller tire = more drop (thanks for teaching me Joe )

30 series make a whole lot more noise than 35's though, that's what I experienced, both of them where Falken FK452's

As I said, shipping from the USA ain't a problem for me, as long as people pay

I'll sent you a PM soon if you really want to know more about my LX's
Old 03-07-10, 10:41 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Okay sounds good with the wheel wells. Does it change anything else than speedometer showing a little wrong if i use larger tires as if i had a 93-94? I mean does it affect gear changing or anything? I know it might be a stupid question but its better to ask. And what size tires does the 93-94 original ride on?

But yeah send and PM with more info on those wheels. Just looked at your pictures of your car with them on. Looks good. And if the tires are still on they fit my 91 good? You wrote in your thread that they were of again because you have tire issues? But send me an PM and maybe we could find out something.

Last edited by Rollaboy; 03-07-10 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: New member from Denmark. (Pics of my LS400)