LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Still rim shopping.. need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10, 08:38 AM
7schulz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you saying my new 18's are grandpa-ish? Son of a Beach.

I just like having the L on my center cap and don't really care for anything that doesn't look oem no matter how chrome or expensive they are. I like to look good and simple clean and classy upgrade. Rims have to match the car just right or it looks all wrong IMO.

Last edited by 7schulz; 01-14-10 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-14-10, 12:59 PM
renato902
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7schulz

I just like having the L on my center cap and don't really care for anything that doesn't look oem no matter how chrome or expensive they are. I like to look good and simple clean and classy upgrade. Rims have to match the car just right or it looks all wrong IMO.
I'm sorry if my previous post was unclear mate :S 18's are the only size I'd choose for our cars and especially for me, in my city, craters are everywhere. No, 18 doesn't look grandpa-ish, I find the stockies look grandpa-ish, your LS430 are really nice. For for me though, I'd prefer something with a more agressive offset, something like the Works I posted previously, something with a lip. I really like the look of your car and I sincerely hope you didn't take offence of my previous post, as none was meant I'm always here for your various inquiries

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
if ur going for the more clean elegant conservative look go with the Duchatelets (love those wheels), if not and u want to go with a more aggressive look then go with the rays or the works although they rnt all that aggressive. u can fit those rays in a 9 front and 10 rear with those offests in the Ls

ohh and megans ftw!!! haha love em
Thanks for the feedback mate How's the handling with Megans btw ?
Old 01-14-10, 01:24 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

handling is a lot better, its no sports car but i can take a pretty sharp circle exit ramp a good 15 mph faster then b4 i had them on lol
Old 01-14-10, 01:41 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are horrendous and grandpa-ish. I have good news for you, Grandpa. I will come and pick them up from you for $450. You can say yes or hell yes,
Old 01-14-10, 03:42 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by renato902
Was browsing rbwheels and these interested me:

http://www.rbwheels.com/index.php?ma...cdcb96e4e0f6ff

According to you guys, which set would look best on the LS ? I quite liked those Duchatelets, but the Rays AX look great too. Opinions wanted

P.S: While I'm at it, would running my LS on Megan coilovers and stock rims destroy my wheel wells ? I remember seeing a post on here where some guy had his LS on stockies with Megan coilvers and he rubbed out the fender well and ate up some of his lighting wires. I'm guessing it depends on the drop. I'm bringing this up simply because I'm probably going to run my LS on Megans until I get rims. Any opinions and facts about this would be great too

Thanks for all the support guys
get teh Wald's. the others ar etoo sporty; more for a SC or IS.
I have stock wheels with spacers now for winter and i'm still slammed on my megans. of course i rolled the fenders a long time ago, but they dont' rub the liners too badly.
Old 01-14-10, 05:54 PM
7schulz
Pole Position

No I was totally kidding, I didn't take offence at all. I was just playin with ya. we do have pretty good looking cars. I call the stock wheels grandpa wheels too. My wife thinks getting the 18's was dumb but she hasn't seen what kind of upgrade they do to the car.

$450 huh, let me think about that... um no.
Old 01-15-10, 02:40 AM
vaughn37
Pole Position

i find it hard to believe 2 of the biggest online tires stores.....tire rack and discount tire's does not have a decent rim for are car
Old 01-15-10, 04:39 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vaughn37
i find it hard to believe 2 of the biggest online tires stores.....tire rack and discount tire's does not have a decent rim for are car
that's becuase all they carrry are generic wheels for hondas, or expensive wheels for bmw's. of course, i look at that as a good thing, that way after you finally find some nice wheels from japan, you won't see them the next day on some kid's civic or some poser's 330i.
Old 01-15-10, 08:20 AM
renato902
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 19psi
that's becuase all they carrry are generic wheels for hondas, or expensive wheels for bmw's. of course, i look at that as a good thing, that way after you finally find some nice wheels from japan, you won't see them the next day on some kid's civic or some poser's 330i.
Well said and very true
Old 01-15-10, 09:39 AM
7schulz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 19psi
I just sold "some kid" my civic last night.
Old 01-15-10, 01:09 PM
renato902
Pole Position

I just sold "some kid" my civic last night.
I hope he/she is not gonna turn it into a heap of worthless, wannabe, supo-kon crap ! I hope he enjoys the Civic for what it is. I drove a 1995 Hatchback CX (Canadian version of the American DX) and I loved it because it was so basic and elemental. People don't want Civics for what they are, they want them to modify them, most of the time. Some mods are good don't get me wrong, but most of them done to Civics and tasteless and ruin the Civic in and of itself
Old 01-15-10, 02:09 PM
7schulz
Pole Position

Yea I agree, it was a great DD, I should have kept it now, drove the LS to work today and some a## hole door dinged me. Not a dent on the car and the first day I take it to work and I about punched out his window.

Last edited by 7schulz; 01-15-10 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-17-10, 09:28 AM
renato902
Pole Position

Yea I agree, it was a great DD, I should have kept it now, drove the LS to work today and some a## hole door dinged me. Not a dent on the car and the first day I take it to work and I about punched out his window.
I feel for you Schulz, whenever I get a ding on my car, it hurts me quite badly. It doesn't hurt that bad now since I know I'm repainting it in spring, but once I get that done, any scratch or nick is gonna be a major blow to the cranium.
Old 01-17-10, 11:42 AM
toxictv
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-17-10, 01:44 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

deff would not pay that much for oem Ls430 wheels

Quick Reply: Still rim shopping.. need opinions