LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

2.5LS Needing foglights, where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-09, 04:02 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2.5LS Needing foglights, where to buy?

Hi. I just got an 98 LS400 for a good price. It's needing the corner/turn signal lights and the foglights. Wonder where would be a good place to buy those. Didn't want to try Lexus dealership yet because I think it will be unreasonably high. Looked on ebay and all I found were aftermarket corner lights, no foglights at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, here is a pic of my old 91 LS 400. Sold it and now missing it.

Old 12-19-09, 04:07 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

try www.car-part.com, searches your local junkyards.
Old 12-20-09, 12:32 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.mylexparts.com/
Old 12-23-09, 09:08 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Thanks for the inputs. I tried car-parts before posting in here. They don't have good ones. And they don't have both of them in one place.
As for mylexparts.com, (thanks J three), I looked and the whole deals was about $400 for both sides. That's is quite high for me at the moment. I'll just keep searching ebay and salvage yards. If I save up enough money for them before I find a set, I'll go ahead and buy from mylexparts.com. As for now, the car getting painted. Debating on either go all black, or maybe all super white with pearl. What do you guys think?
Old 12-24-09, 04:26 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

I don't know if you are familiar with the movie passenger 57, but Wesley Snipes said a little line that went like this....... Always bet on black!!!! LOL!
Old 12-24-09, 05:34 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ya, Ebay is your best bet and watch the 'whole car part out' threads that come up every once in a while.
What colour is the car now? Unless you're doing a 'full' colour change (engine bay, door jambs etc...) stick with the same colour as it is now. Nothing worse than opening the hood and seeing a different colour.
Old 12-24-09, 06:35 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

The car is like silver with a teal tint to it. Like extremly light green silver. Didn't look at the paint code yet. I'm thinking I can get everything paint except the engine bay with either paint job. Just that the color it is now is not a nice color to do anything to it, IMO. I'm thinking either black with chrome wheels, chrome lips and lowered. Chrome moldings, sun visors, LED signal mirrors, chrome pillars, maybe chrome door handles. Inside with pioneer double din DVD player/nav. 11" headrests. Then maybe upgrade the stock speakers and sub. But I like the way it sounds right now, so, maybe down the road when I have more spare money. I'm more leaning to the black, but the super white with pearl from the Toyota Camry 2009 is looking very nice too. Plus it's light enough and the engine bay might blend in, til the next time when I have to pull the motor, lol.

Just a question on the lowering parts. I saw that one guy's car with the tag, "Scrap3r". He has JIC Magic coilover AND air bags for his suspension. I'm not familiar with the airbag set up, but I thought you can only either go coilover or airbags since airbags replace the whole strut and spring assembly. Am I right? I can only afford the coilover, or maybe if I stretch enough, I can get the airbag suspensions. Search and I didn't find anything that has the airbag and coilover together. Thanks. And MERRY CHRISMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE
Old 12-24-09, 09:03 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Universal Air Suspension is what you're looking for. Their air bags go over most coilovers. Megan Racing coilovers are the brand quite a few of us would recommend. Happy searching!
Old 12-25-09, 05:59 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Schnitz
Universal Air Suspension is what you're looking for. Their air bags go over most coilovers. Megan Racing coilovers are the brand quite a few of us would recommend. Happy searching!
I did my search before I asked. I found the UAS for about $2500, and the coilovers between $600-$1900, depending on brand. So, the UAS goes over the coilovers? They actually go together onto the car? I never mess with the Lexus suspension before, so I don't have any clue of what it looks like. And also, I've never had airbags suspension before so, I don't really know how they mount on the car. But I thought the airbags allows to lower the car with switches, and coilover lowers the car by hand. How do they work together? So, I got to have coilovers and the UAS together? Can I do coilover or UAS only? Sorry for the noobie questions, but there is always a first time for everyone, right? I like to understand it so it can go a long way, instead of doing what is told, then forget about it down the road. Thanks alot for the helps guys.
Old 12-26-09, 06:50 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

I think the benefit of pairing the two is better adjust-ability. The ride quality on the air is based on your psi, but so is your ride height. So basically you can set your ride height separately from your desired ride quality by setting the the psi you want and raising or lowering the spring perch or the lower collar on full bodied coilovers.

Also the coilovers will have damping adjustments that can change the ride quality also. The air/coilover combo gives you tons of options as far as a custom setup tailored to you. It's pretty cool, if not a little overwelming.