LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Drivers seat revisited

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-09, 11:40 AM
nsxmod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers seat revisited

my main problem is the drivers seat was not bolted in on the right side where bolts 90118-08336 (see Attachment) seat back to the seat foundation when I bought the car. Seat tilted fine but there was a definite lack of support on the right side , a spongy feel. Once I pulled seat and found situation put bolts in no problem right? Put seat back in and seat will only tilt on the left side then lol had it in and out many times now trying to get it just right and even then it wont recline properly unless I leave those 2 bolts out? From what I have read the seat may be put back together not straight by someone else but I am at a loss as to how to actually figure that out.

Thanks in advance if you can help
Dylan
Attached Files
Old 11-18-09, 11:20 PM
Amskeptic
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by nsxmod
my main problem is the drivers seat was not bolted in on the right side where bolts 90118-08336 (see Attachment) seat back to the seat foundation when I bought the car. Seat tilted fine but there was a definite lack of support on the right side , a spongy feel. Once I pulled seat and found situation put bolts in no problem right? Put seat back in and seat will only tilt on the left side then lol had it in and out many times now trying to get it just right and even then it wont recline properly unless I leave those 2 bolts out? From what I have read the seat may be put back together not straight by someone else but I am at a loss as to how to actually figure that out.

Thanks in advance if you can help
Dylan
When the seat was disassembled, the recliner pivots should have been matchmarked. The bolts need to be taken out again, the recliner pivot needs to be disengaged from the cross shaft and realigned to the other side, then reengaged properly and reassembled.
Colin