LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Power Steering High Pressure Hose

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-09, 09:10 PM
S30ZG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering High Pressure Hose

Is there any trick to removing the banjo bolt that goes into the Power Steering pump? Me and my buddy got the fitting on the otherside of the car to come out easy but we we're wrenching on the other bolt for the better part of the past 3 hours. Granted he didn't have all of his tools with him but we thought we could just get it off with a wrench.We tried spraying some Rost Off extra onto it but that didn't really help much. Any ideas?
Old 09-27-09, 07:45 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by S30ZG
Is there any trick to removing the banjo bolt that goes into the Power Steering pump? Me and my buddy got the fitting on the otherside of the car to come out easy but we we're wrenching on the other bolt for the better part of the past 3 hours. Granted he didn't have all of his tools with him but we thought we could just get it off with a wrench.We tried spraying some Rost Off extra onto it but that didn't really help much. Any ideas?
From the pump, or underneath at the drivers side?

From the pump it was very easy to get the bolt off. just remove the pulley and the bolt is easily accessible. On the drivers side however its hell. The only way I was able to do it is by removing the cylinder solenoid, then removed the banjo bolt for the return hose, and then removed the bolt for the pressure hose. You can only do it with a flat wrench, theres no space to put a socket on there, but I actually ended up using a large wisegrip after stripping that bolt with a flat wrench.