LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Finding / Identifying parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 03:08 PM
eredleaf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding / Identifying parts

I have a 1997 LS400 which was recently in an accident. I found most of the parts I need to repair in at a scrap yard. However it would be easier if I could identify the parts. The body shop had a nice tool for identifying parts that allowed you to see pictures of parts in a given area. Does anything like this exist on the internet? If not, I am looking for the following:

behind the bumper under the driverside headlight is a little box. Mine is smashed and what is inside my are two sets of electrical sockets each with 2 horizontal and 2 vertical connectors. This is in the wire bundle with the turn signal bulb wires. My driverside turn signals don't flash and the back signal flashes fast, so I would guess it is related to this function, but the passenger side doesn't have a corresponding part and the passenger side turn signal works fine. What is this missing part called?

Also my emission something box got smashed in the collision and was just dangling from the sensor. I got a replacement from the scrapyear, but wasn't sure how to connect the hoses which appear to have been cut. It doesn't look like the ones on the replacement box will reach to the source or that the ones connect to the car will reach all the way to the box. Can I just tape the hoses together? Or am I supposed to get new hoses?

The electrical connection works fine.

Thanks
Old 08-27-09, 05:14 PM
1Bentley
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a body collision repair manual for sale on ebay for the 97 ls400. I don't know how to link to it, but you can search collision lexus in the manuals/literature section of "parts and accessories".
Old 08-27-09, 05:26 PM
Mugen_1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since for some reason I can't post a link to anything (it all just shows up asterisks), go here: (without spaces, obviously)

t o y o d i y

dot com.

It should give you all the info you need. I too have a '97, and that's where I get my part #s.