LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Rubber Bushings from another make/model

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-09, 11:35 AM
Bali26
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rubber Bushings from another make/model

I was just wondering if rubber bushings from another make or model will fit my lexus. (Lower control arms) I mean any car manufacturer.

The only place I know to buy rubber ones is from Valmos in Australia and very expensive. Diazens being too hard.

I find it hard to believe that there is no other source for rubber bushings. Is there any way to compare the dimensions. As long as the diameters match, length could always be adjusted.
Old 04-18-09, 12:54 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

nope, just those that u listed or carsontuned (aka Armstrong) which are also Polyurethane and too stiff for CA duty.
Old 04-18-09, 07:18 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bali26
I was just wondering if rubber bushings from another make or model will fit my lexus. (Lower control arms) I mean any car manufacturer.

The only place I know to buy rubber ones is from Valmos in Australia and very expensive. Diazens being too hard.

I find it hard to believe that there is no other source for rubber bushings. Is there any way to compare the dimensions. As long as the diameters match, length could always be adjusted.
Front lower control arm bushings are still available OEM... I bought some from my local Lexus Dealer about 6 weeks ago. I think I paid around $75 each for them. Carson or Sewell probably have them for less online. Out of luck on the uppers though. Either the whole OEM arm w/bushings or aftermarket bushings. There's a lot of talk about the Arnott upper arms with bushings installed for $199 per pair. Pic's of them look like they have OEM bushings pressed into them but I have no idea if this is true.
Old 04-18-09, 08:42 PM
Bali26
Pole Position

Oh yes I have Arnott's UCAs already. Very good product. Yes they had bulky rubber bushings.

The ones you got for LCAs were rubber or poly? I'm seeking rubber and I don't think any dealer carries them seperate. Would it kill Toyota to stock a normal wear and tear item like that?

I keep thinking to get a big bushing and using a lathe to make it fit but i don't have one and thats probably not the right way.

Last edited by Bali26; 04-18-09 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-18-09, 08:49 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bali26
Oh yes I have Arnott's UCAs already. Very good product. Yes they had bulky rubber bushings.

The ones you got for LCAs were rubber or poly? I'm seeking rubber and I don't think any dealer carries them seperate. Would it kill Toyota to stock a normal wear and tear item like that?
The LCA bushings I purchased were the original OEM "rubber" bushings, direct from a Lexus Dealer. When the parts dept. first looked them up, he said I had to buy the whole LCA, then he looked into it a little further and found that just the LCA bushing was still available as a separate part.
Old 04-18-09, 08:59 PM
Bali26
Pole Position

You are lucky then, I haven't heard of anyone here getting rubber bushings from dealer. They all buy daizens.

I will check again to see if I can get them. Thanks
Old 04-18-09, 09:00 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jim can you post the Lexus Part No for the LCA bushing?

BTW, found the link to Arnott's UCA $199 PAIR Deal.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...id7_pid46.html
Old 04-18-09, 09:35 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by avalon42
Jim can you post the Lexus Part No for the LCA bushing?

BTW, found the link to Arnott's UCA $199 PAIR Deal.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...id7_pid46.html
The LCA Bushing OEM Part is: 48654-50010

They're listed on Carson's L-tunedparts.com website. Under the OEM link, do a part number search and leave out the hyphen in the part number.

I got totally hosed from my local dealer. I paid $70.23 each. Carson has them for $38.78 each! Ugh! They retail for $46.72 each. How the heck can my dealer get away with charging me 50% above retail? There's a sucker born every day, and this time it was me!

They are really beefy and will need to be pressed into the lower arms.
Old 04-19-09, 05:22 AM
Bradster
Lead Lap

32.30 at Lexus of Pembroke Pines website.
Old 08-21-09, 09:25 PM
Banshee365
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

That part number is for 90-94 LS's. Will those bushings work in the 95-97? I replaced my 96 bushins with poly ones and you have to drop the LCA and regrease them every oil change, if not more often, because they start squeaking like crazy!
Old 08-21-09, 10:41 PM
1Bentley
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a leed on poly steering rack bushings? Exact Motorsports said they can no longer get them from Daizen and TM engineering emailed me stating that they don't currently make them for the ls400 but to check back in 3 weeks. By the way, I measured the OD of my rack and it's just a hair under 2". Would any poly bushing with that diameter and width of stock bushing work?
Old 08-21-09, 10:45 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

daizen is notoriously slow with getting stuff to market. i doubt we'll see 2LS steering bushings before new years.
Old 08-22-09, 12:52 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I am sure there are multiple people here that WANT to know if these bushings can be used on the 1995-2000 LS400s.

Does ANYBODY have old parts from either generation cars that can be measured?

There is a possibility that the bushing size are the same for the UFC10 and UFC20 cars.

We need to know the dimension of the bushing(s) for a 95-00 car to compare with these available bushings.

Also, for people that have already changed their parts... do you still have the old parts?

How worn were your bushings when you changed them and how many miles?

The more info we can gather the better for the community.
Old 08-22-09, 12:57 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

BTW, Carson Toyota L-tuned.parts has the same price and picture for the LCA bushing for 94 as well as 98 models. Need to check part numbers with them to find out if it is the SAME or not. If so, we 98-00 owners could be in good shape.
Old 08-22-09, 09:22 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

trust me, you guys don't want poly control arm bushings. talk to some of the members who have them on their cars, they ride REALLY REALLY REALY rough.

steering bushings would be great though.

Quick Reply: Rubber Bushings from another make/model