LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Eibach Sport Spring for Gen1 LS at TireRack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 04:55 PM
93LSexy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Eibach Sport Spring for Gen1 LS at TireRack!!!

Only 2 sets left!!! I just bought one and there's one more left. Grab it if you can, there are NO MORE!!
Old 01-18-08, 05:05 PM
208Soarer
Pole Position

how much are they?
Old 01-18-08, 05:13 PM
93LSexy
Rookie

Originally Posted by 208Soarer
how much are they?
$275
Old 01-18-08, 06:23 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

i can think of a couple guys that should jump on these
Old 01-19-08, 07:58 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck on getting them. I know they are a vendor here and I am not talking badly of them. I originally ordered the Eibachs when I went to drop my car and there were like 3 sets left for the UCF10. I ordered them, only to be called a week later and told that they did not have them and they were on back order. Was also told that the wait time would be close to 4 months!!! Not 4 weeks,,4 months. I wasn't going to wait that long so just switched over to the H&R springs. So if you have them, great buy. I, on the other hand was not so lucky to get my set.
Old 01-21-08, 08:31 AM
93LSexy
Rookie

Originally Posted by trukn1
Good luck on getting them. I know they are a vendor here and I am not talking badly of them. I originally ordered the Eibachs when I went to drop my car and there were like 3 sets left for the UCF10. I ordered them, only to be called a week later and told that they did not have them and they were on back order. Was also told that the wait time would be close to 4 months!!! Not 4 weeks,,4 months. I wasn't going to wait that long so just switched over to the H&R springs. So if you have them, great buy. I, on the other hand was not so lucky to get my set.
its showing shipped. I will get it by thursday. lets see if there is a box of springs in the package...
Old 01-21-08, 09:40 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol when i recieved my HR springs. the UPS guy was like "dang wth is in here, its heavy!" i was like "yea its springs for my car" he was like "????".
Old 01-21-08, 11:19 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are the Eibach springs more desireable than the Tanabe and H&R springs?
Old 01-21-08, 11:39 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Tanabe DF210s on my old 91 LS400 lowered it like 1 3/4" my 20" TSWs never rubbed, and it STILL drived like a dream. I would go with tanabes over eibach anyday! Plus i think they're a little cheaper... I guess the only reason to buy anything else depends on how much you want to drop the car.

There she was!

Last edited by jcrome04; 01-21-08 at 11:44 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 01-21-08, 11:49 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by Suneet
Why are the Eibach springs more desireable than the Tanabe and H&R springs?
the Eibachs are of consistently higher quality than pretty muchc any other major spring manufacturer, and are more about balanced handling than just sheer drop. the Tanabes, for example, drop ~2in front and rear but are known to be a very SOFT spring, allowing for a decent bit of roll, along with the fact that most shocks arent made for 2" springs. the Eibachs (these are/were part of the sport line, ~1" down all around) are stiffer than factory, but not nearly comfortable.

pretty much the the best spring option available IMHO for those who arent just trying to go as low as possible.
Old 01-21-08, 12:02 PM
93LSexy
Rookie

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
the Eibachs are of consistently higher quality than pretty muchc any other major spring manufacturer, and are more about balanced handling than just sheer drop. the Tanabes, for example, drop ~2in front and rear but are known to be a very SOFT spring, allowing for a decent bit of roll, along with the fact that most shocks arent made for 2" springs. the Eibachs (these are/were part of the sport line, ~1" down all around) are stiffer than factory, but not nearly comfortable.

pretty much the the best spring option available IMHO for those who arent just trying to go as low as possible.
Old 01-21-08, 12:03 PM
93LSexy
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
lol when i recieved my HR springs. the UPS guy was like "dang wth is in here, its heavy!" i was like "yea its springs for my car" he was like "????".
i know...it costed me $30 in shipping!!!
Old 01-21-08, 01:17 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter

So the Eibachs actually drop less than the Tanabe and offer more balanced handling? And "ride comfort" is affected more by the struts than the springs, correct? It sounds like the Eibachs would give a good combo of drop/handling/luxury... maybe I will get a set if TR still has them..
Old 01-21-08, 01:24 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

yea, pretty much, the softness of the tanabes is offset by the fact that most every strut available will bottom out more when running them.

i love my custom eibachs but the ride wont come close to regular sportlines because im much lower than regular bilsteins.
Old 01-21-08, 01:37 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will add for my 95 I bought a used set of tanabe DF210's and they were so soft I took them off and put my H&R's back on! I couldn't stand the roll and clumsy feel versus the crisp ride of the H&R. I guess it depends on what you are after (look versus handling). The Tanabes dropped the car much more than my H&R's but the ride was like a boat again - too soft for me

Quick Reply: Eibach Sport Spring for Gen1 LS at TireRack!!!