LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

bluetooth for 00 ls400? recommended technology/products?

Old 12-31-07, 02:57 PM
inspector1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bluetooth for 00 ls400? recommended technology/products?

I was wondering if my 00 ls400 can be configured for bluetooth over the stereo, etc. I ask this wondering if there are limited technologies in this year and/or are there good reasons to get a slightly newer model? I have a hard-wire sirius and would like to be able to use my stereo to some degree; however, I do not have a nav system on my car as well and does this pose a problem.

Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Inspector
Old 12-31-07, 05:17 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector1
I was wondering if my 00 ls400 can be configured for bluetooth over the stereo, etc. I ask this wondering if there are limited technologies in this year and/or are there good reasons to get a slightly newer model? I have a hard-wire sirius and would like to be able to use my stereo to some degree; however, I do not have a nav system on my car as well and does this pose a problem.

Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Inspector
I don't fully understand your question. Sure, you can install any of a number of Bluetooth kits in your 00 LS400 - huge variety of kits from such companies as Motorola, Nokia, Parrot, etc. Yes, you can hook up a Bluetooth kit to automatically mute your radio and play the call audio through a door speaker -- but it is simpler to attach a dedicated speaker to the driver side firewall.

On your 00 LS there is an easily accessible audio system mute point in the front center pin on the driver side phone connector under the center console.

How is your sat radio hardwired? What does it mean when you say that you would like to use your stereo to some degree? Most people want their audio system to fully and automatically mute when a phone call is in progress.

Here is a link to how I installed an older type phone kit into my 2000 LS400 four years ago: http://home.kc.rr.com/colchester/pho...%20install.doc

The principles of installing a Bluetooth kit are the same as for an older type of phone kit. If I was doing the install today, I would use a piggyback fuse connector to power the phone kit from the fuse box under the dash rather than tap into the ignition switch wiring.

BTW, if you have a standard (no nav, no Nakamichi) audio system in your 00 LS400, you might be able to use a European/U.K. market "mute lead" to simplify the install of a phone kit -- "plug and play" to power the kit and play the call through the door speaker.

Last edited by Kansas; 12-31-07 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-28-22, 12:06 PM
OnlinBirch
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno bump.
Old 04-28-22, 04:55 PM
YoshiMan
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by OnlinBirch
I dunno bump.
Odd comment for a 15 year old thread....