LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Side marker bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-02, 02:02 PM
2UX31 YM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Side marker bulbs

What brand/colors are you guys using for the side markers on your LS?

If I get the PIAA superplasmas, what would be the best bulbs to use as the side markers for the spot right next to the headlight and the the spot on the bumper. Thanks
Old 01-25-02, 04:35 AM
additude
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Side marker bulbs

Originally posted by 2UX31 YM
What brand/colors are you guys using for the side markers on your LS?

If I get the PIAA superplasmas, what would be the best bulbs to use as the side markers for the spot right next to the headlight and the the spot on the bumper. Thanks
I bought my Plasmas on eBay. They were only a couple of bucks. I've put Plasmas in the High Beam, Low Beam, Fog, Side marker and backup lights. It makes a huge difference at night with the Plasmas.

Get them on eBay. You wont find them cheaper anywhere else. I got mine from plasmalights.com, that's the sellers ID on eBay.
Old 01-25-02, 07:34 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey additude,

I have a couple questions/requests. How do they all "match". Do they all have the same look (color, brightness)?? Could you post the bulb ###'s that you used?? Pictures would be great!!

TIA,

Josh
Old 01-25-02, 08:11 AM
additude
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by zushwa
Hey additude,

I have a couple questions/requests. How do they all "match". Do they all have the same look (color, brightness)?? Could you post the bulb ###'s that you used?? Pictures would be great!!

TIA,

Josh
Here is a reference to an online bulb # chart I used:
http://secure15.dellhost.com/~d30022...bulb_guide.htm

You can also look in your cars "Operators Manual" to find the bulb numbers.

Some year cars have different bulbs. Like some might have the High/Low as one bulb. You'll have to check for your car.

At first I only have the low beams installed and the side markers looked pale yellowish by comparison. So I replaced the side markers and the combo looks right. I then did the high beams and the fogs. Everything looks right.

If you buy the bulbs on eBay look for a seller that offers a lifetime or 10 year warranty. If your bulbs ever burn out in that time period you can get them replaced at no charge. I run my low beams all the time. Day and Night.