LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1993 LS400 Climate LCD <Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-07, 10:52 PM
C280
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 LS400 Climate LCD <Please Help!

Hi, I am new here. I am not the owner of the 1993 LS400, my uncle is. He asked me to check out his Climate/ Clock display to see if I could do anything about it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to rewire these stuff. So he asks me to help him. This is why I come to ClubLexus.com seeking your help.

Where can this part be bought and replaced?

I own a Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport and I have done my own DIY jobs on my car. If I can get the LCD part for his LS400, I believe I can replace it following the tutorials I have found looking on this forum.

I haven't taken a very good look at this display, didn't notice it wasn't working. When I turned on the car I felt the AC working. I'm not sure if the back light is working too, I will have to check. I was detailing his LS400 which is Pearl White *don't know the color code* He had never washed the car in YEARS! There was rust and contamination all over the paint surface. Luckily, I believe the paint was thick enough to hold off from rusting. I did a full detail job and I can't believe the outcome. The car looked as if it just came out 2007 OUT The dealer! The paint was smooth as glass. I had a bottle on the trunk and the bottle slid off! No, bull! The paint came out very nice, the pearl added a nice shine to the LS400.

Last edited by EXE.UCF10; 04-24-07 at 06:25 PM. Reason: advertising removed
Old 04-23-07, 11:25 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to CL! The fastest way to find what you are looking for is the searching. Most of your questions have been answered many times.

Since your new i get you started. The LCD of the 1st gen ls400 is the most common defect.

You have two options, you can buy a replacement LCD from ebay for about 100 +/- and solder in the new LCD. Here's the instructions. http://www.lextreme.com/lcdtech.html

You could also check ebay and find an Climate control LCD rebuilder. They do all the work for you. All you do is buy their rebuilt climate control, they send it to you and you send in your faulty one. That way there is no down time!

this usually costs 170+ but is well worth it if you don't know how to solder or don't wanna mess with electronics.

Anyway, if you have more questions just search. If you still haven't found what your looking for, dont be afraid to ask!

BTW you should share your detailing tips with us!
Old 04-24-07, 06:29 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Welcome C280

Basically what omarg said.

FYI, advertising is prohibited unless you're an approved vendor.

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/faq....aq_advertising

Vendor Sales and Advertising

Except for Club Lexus authorized vendors, vendor sales and advertising of any kind are strictly prohibited in any posting area of Club Lexus forums. This restriction applies to vendors offering services as well as any products. Using Club Lexus membership for product development research is also prohibited without approval of the administrator. Vendors interested in advertising on Club Lexus should contact us at advertising@ClubLexus.com. All non-approved advertising threads will be deleted, moved or closed.

Members who are vendors or acting on behalf of vendors who ignore these rules will also have their private messaging and / or forum access limited, or their account suspended permanently.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Non-CL-authorized vendors who persist in promotion or advertising on our forums after being requested to desist by a Club Lexus moderator or administrator agree to promptly pay a fee equivalent to no less than the 12 month “gold” Club Lexus sponsor program. By clicking on the checkbox ‘I have read, and agree to abide by the Club Lexus Forums rules’ to join Club Lexus you have formally agreed to pay this fee under this circumstance. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in a court of law in a state selected by Club Lexus. Remitting the vendor fee does not automatically grant you forum sponsorship or the right to advertise; your company application will be considered based on a number of factors including reputation, time in market, brick & mortar or web presence, interest to Club Lexus members and other factors. Your fee will not be returned if you are not approved.

Vendor rules are in place for two reasons. First, these rules protect our forum members from fly-by-night vendors, rip-off artists, etc who join forums simply to post, take your money and disappear into the night. Second, approved vendors help support Club Lexus financially and they are the primary reason Club Lexus is able to stay up and running. It is fair that only they have limited access to Club Lexus’ nearly 50,000 members
Old 04-24-07, 06:39 PM
C280
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about that.

Where is the soldering needed when replacing the LCD?

I think there was 3 LCD screens on this climate control unless the plastic is covering the 1 piece LCD into 3 ? I don't think it was just a long piece of LCD.

I will have to check the climate control. Does anyone have pics of their 1993 LS400 Center console?
Old 04-24-07, 09:25 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

man, i type so bad when I'm rushing... haha. I just read over what i wrote... so many errors. Oh well.

Look over the instructions i posted. If you've never soldered before just let someone do it for you. You wouldn't wanna mess up your CC.