LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1G owners with car phones, I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-06, 04:46 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 1G owners with car phones, I need your help!

Wait, did they all come with that crappy car phone? Well.. anyway....

if you have one and it still powers on, could someone just go outside and tell me which speakers the carphone stuff uses?

I just noticed something... ever since I bought this car from my parents the passenger front and drivers rear speaker havent worked... i never noticed before if they did or not but I believe it might be due to the carphone.

i know the carphone used one or two speakers for button presses and handsfree. it mutes the stereo out of these speakers while using them for the carphone circuit.

now that i think about it, ive put two and two together (i hope!) the carphone had to be removed from the car because it would turn itself on randomly and drain the battery overnight.... if we removed it while it was on it might have muted those two doors and maybe that is why two speakers just dont work period. I cant imagine they are blown, old people dont really jam to music much.
Old 11-03-06, 05:48 PM
theschoens
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can I tell for you? We have a 1990 LS 400, still have the carphone installed, but my front left and back right speakers are out and always have been since I have owned the car. Could this be related to the ancient phone I still have in the center console? Would love to get them working again.
Old 11-05-06, 12:04 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

turn on the phone and press some buttons on it, i forget since we unplugged it long ago but i do remember being able somehow to hear button presses through the speakers.. i just need to know which speakers the tones come out of..

maybe its just loose connections but i think its worth checking.. i need to plug it back in and see wat happens i just dont feel like pulling the crap out of the trunk to get to it again.
Old 11-06-06, 06:44 AM
theschoens
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaker on phone itself is so loud its hard to hear speakers in car, even when covered. Button pushes with radio off seem to come through all speakers--isolated each one, pushed buttons and believe I heard tones with each speaker. With radio on, only Left Rear actually cuts out the radio when you push buttons. Hope it helps. Note my LR and RF speakers work great. RR and LF speakers are garbled sounding/weak anyway.
Old 11-06-06, 08:23 AM
turbosix
Pole Position

mine are just completely silent like they arent even there or are frozen

dang it was hoping this might have had something to do with it. .

thank you very much for checking that helps a lot!