LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Chrome Grill

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-06, 06:44 PM
Luxury_LEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Grill

What do you guys think of this chrome grill kit? It would be alot cheaper and easier than buying a new grill

HERE
Old 04-30-06, 06:51 PM
Broker404
Driver

it's not the whole grill, just chrome inserts that you put into your existing grill.
Old 04-30-06, 07:06 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

not even inserts. its cheap quality chrome or stainless pieces that are double-sided-taped onto the grill.
Old 05-01-06, 11:21 AM
Luxury_LEX
Driver

Yes I know, I was wondering if anyone has tried them or knows someone who has. Its cheaper and easier than getting a new grill.
Old 05-01-06, 12:05 PM
Celsior2K5
Driver

Originally Posted by Luxury_LEX
Yes I know, I was wondering if anyone has tried them or knows someone who has. Its cheaper and easier than getting a new grill.
I have a friend who put that on his GS 300 and it doesn't look good at all. You can tell the difference between that and a real chrome grille. I just ordered a chrome billet grille for my 91 LS for $193 and some change. I recommend you save up and just get a real one.

Last edited by Celsior2K5; 05-01-06 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-01-06, 12:52 PM
Luxury_LEX
Driver

Originally Posted by Celsior2K5
I have a friend who put that on his GS 300 and it doesn't look good at all. You can tell the difference between that and a real chrome grille. I just ordered a chrome billet grille for my 91 LS for $193 and some change. I recommend you save up and just get a real one.
Which one did you buy? Money isn't the problem its just that Im not big on any of the ones they are selling, not sure why. I guess Ill stick with stock untill I see somthing I like, thanks for the warning though about the those cheap inserts
Old 05-01-06, 10:08 PM
Celsior2K5
Driver

Originally Posted by Luxury_LEX
Which one did you buy? Money isn't the problem its just that Im not big on any of the ones they are selling, not sure why. I guess Ill stick with stock untill I see somthing I like, thanks for the warning though about the those cheap inserts
I just want to be honest and let you know since my friend really wasn't happy with it. It looks OK but if you're picky you will notice a huge difference.

If money isn't an issue then why don't you just get the all white tails or red/clear tails instead of smoking them out? And about your billet grille, you have two options, go through LuxuryMods.com or Trenz billet grilles or you can PM me and I can get you a JDM one in a few weeks. It really just depends on what you want to spend. Let me know if you want one-piece headlights too.

Can't get you HID's though. I'm still having issues with two sets I ordered from someone in Japan for me and kglexus1. The guy just sort of..."disappeared."
Old 05-01-06, 10:55 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

hey brian, what can u get for a ucf20?

lookin for a mesh type grill and eyelids.
Old 05-02-06, 12:35 AM
Celsior2K5
Driver

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
hey brian, what can u get for a ucf20?

lookin for a mesh type grill and eyelids.
Feel free to PM me with your wants and needs. lol I'll do my best to help you out.
Old 05-02-06, 05:51 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I find you here and on ebay, man you're all over the place!!!!! can't wait until my one piecers come in!!!! HOLLA!!!!!!
Old 05-02-06, 07:56 AM
Celsior2K5
Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
I find you here and on ebay, man you're all over the place!!!!! can't wait until my one piecers come in!!!! HOLLA!!!!!!
Patience my brotha! You will get your one-piece headlights just like all my other customers have. It just takes patience. Just don't think about it and before you know it they will be arriving at your door. My supplier doesn't ship out until the bin is full...if you know what I mean. He wants to save on shipping. He only ships in bulk in other words.
Old 05-02-06, 12:20 PM
Luxury_LEX
Driver

I just want to be honest and let you know since my friend really wasn't happy with it. It looks OK but if you're picky you will notice a huge difference.

If money isn't an issue then why don't you just get the all white tails or red/clear tails instead of smoking them out? And about your billet grille, you have two options, go through LuxuryMods.com or Trenz billet grilles or you can PM me and I can get you a JDM one in a few weeks. It really just depends on what you want to spend. Let me know if you want one-piece headlights too.

Can't get you HID's though. I'm still having issues with two sets I ordered from someone in Japan for me and kglexus1. The guy just sort of..."disappeared."
Ya im not going to order that grill inserts, figured it would probably be cheap looking.

I dont like those white tails or red/clear tails, for some reason I feel it just looks out of place. Plus I heard that they arn't made all that well<condense + other stuff> Not sure about that though, also I rather have unique tailights that are tinted that will go well with the 5% tint on my windows. After all if I don't like the look of them I can just buy the red/clean tailights, but I rather just put that $200 into somthing else on my car than tailights if I can just tint them for cheap.

As for the grills im not crazy about any of them either. Mabey I just havn't seen any good pictures of them on the ride. On luxurymods.com none of them really make me want them more than that stock grill.

Put me down for those headlights though Does it come with the one piece and then another seperate piece on the outside? Are they new or used?

PS - I need to hit up one of yalls car meets again once I get alot of this stuff together. Also, do you have the LS400 Otto Racing Front Upper Strut Bar from luxurymods?

Last edited by Luxury_LEX; 05-02-06 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-02-06, 07:18 PM
Celsior2K5
Driver

Why in the hell is my private messaging disabled!? I'm blocked from going to the BUY/SELL forums, my signature has been erased, and now I'm blocked from sending and receiving PM's??? I'm sure I know who's behind it all and by doing this to an honest CL member you expect to get donations? Why can't one just ask?

Luxury_LEX, you know how to get a hold of me.

Last edited by Celsior2K5; 05-02-06 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-02-06, 08:32 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Patience my brotha! You will get your one-piece headlights just like all my other customers have. It just takes patience. Just don't think about it and before you know it they will be arriving at your door. My supplier doesn't ship out until the bin is full...if you know what I mean. He wants to save on shipping. He only ships in bulk in other words.
Oh i know. Just getting antsy anticipating them. I just find it funny that 1 day after I email you, you show up here. (twilight zone stuff) LOL!!!!! I'm like a kid in a toy store after hours. Not worried about the purchase, just trying to get all of the mods I want to do out of my head, onto paper, and then onto the product. Actually your posting here has eased my mind a whole lot. However you gotta admit the coincidence is funny though. LOL!!!!
Old 05-02-06, 08:53 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Why in the hell is my private messaging disabled!? I'm blocked from going to the BUY/SELL forums, my signature has been erased, and now I'm blocked from sending and receiving PM's??? I'm sure I know who's behind it all and by doing this to an honest CL member you expect to get donations? Why can't one just ask?
time to pm the mods buddy.

Quick Reply: Chrome Grill