LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

finally drove my ls 400

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 08:35 PM
LexusLimit
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally drove my ls 400

Just drove home w/ my 90 ls 400 and I encounter some minor problems. First the driver door lock has been changed, so its not the original door lock. I had to open the door through the passenger side. The passenger door lock and the ignition is the same key which I have. How would I get a key for the driver side if I have no key to begin with?

Another problem is I don't know whether the stock radio or the speaker work. The radio dislay screen is on when I turn it on, but I don't hear any sound when I turn the volume up. Basically where can I go to fix this besides goin to the dealer.

The hood does not hold up. I have to use a stick or something so the hood can hold. How much is that thing that holds the hood?
The RPM guage and the temperature gauge does not work at all. How do you fix it or who can I take it to?
Old 04-18-06, 10:36 PM
uncle_el
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusLimit
Just drove home w/ my 90 ls 400 and I encounter some minor problems. First the driver door lock has been changed, so its not the original door lock. I had to open the door through the passenger side. The passenger door lock and the ignition is the same key which I have. How would I get a key for the driver side if I have no key to begin with?
all the doors and ignition should have the same lock... i would imagine that the driver's door lock mechanism just needs to be fixed or replaced.
i would try the dealership, or if you're lucky a local locksmith.

Another problem is I don't know whether the stock radio or the speaker work. The radio dislay screen is on when I turn it on, but I don't hear any sound when I turn the volume up. Basically where can I go to fix this besides goin to the dealer.
the stock radio isn't that hot to begin with. personally, it wouldn't be worth it to fix and/or replace the stock unit. just go aftermarket- the price would end up being about the same, if not cheaper just to go with an aftermarket headunit.

The hood does not hold up. I have to use a stick or something so the hood can hold. How much is that thing that holds the hood?
hood struts.
search on ebay, they go for about $50 shipped for a pair- i recently purchased a pair (about 2 months ago), they fit and work perfectly.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199770
The RPM guage and the temperature gauge does not work at all. How do you fix it or who can I take it to?
you can take it to a local dealer or a local knowledgable/reputable mechanic.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=207890
Old 04-19-06, 11:35 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

I prop my hood with a wooden stick!