LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-01, 04:54 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

WEll just before i crashed my LS.. i've been talking to www.versusmotorsports.com and asked if they can make a kit for my car.. they did. It's a replica of the Junction produce. you can go to that site and look for aerodynamic, and then lexus. They retail the kit for 950. I can get you a better price if you want. Don't know the fit yet, but others kit they have fit very good. Oh by the way i now have a 99 4dr accord EX. SOOO soo slow compare to my lex . I"m getting 18 Racing Hart C'2(3pc)(got the hook up, real cheap) and a body kit.and drop.. thats about it.
tony
Old 09-05-01, 07:31 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your car, yo.
You can do a lot of things with the EX though, is it a 4 or a 6 banger?
4 bangers got lots of stuff in the aftermarket.
Old 09-05-01, 09:02 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

go to www.groupbuycenter.com and see whats up for yourself!
Old 09-05-01, 04:27 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

oh.. got all that covered.. i can get a kit for 435. cold air intake for 75, headers for 220, exhaust for 100 a piece(dual for the body kit opening) and coilver for 115 or Eibach sportline for that price(used). new headlight bubls. Also some rims(trying for racing hart C2. And leather my seat to match the interior color. Thats should be it.. i'll probably get the veilside style kit. Well anyone wants to buy some 2 week old konig imagine 18X7.5? new kumho in the back and 80% in front? paid 1500...scratch on all four rims, can be repaired cheap. Well but i dont' know if i'm going to do thta to the car i might leave it stock..
tony
Old 09-05-01, 05:17 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who makes the veilside style for the LS?
Old 09-05-01, 09:30 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if I could just get the spoiler from that JP kit?

I do not know if there is a replica kit Veilside kit for the LS Swifty,I think the cheapest place to get the Veilside kit would be Steve at Carson Toyota,I asked out the veilside spoiler and he gave me a tremendous price for the wing.

By the way Swfity do you have any mods on your LS so far?
Old 09-06-01, 09:37 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

actually i don't have one yet, i was thinkin of gettin one, and swapping out that motor for the 2jzgte

Old 09-06-01, 08:12 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Dam swifty,a 2jzgte on in a LS awesome,I would love to see your car when that porject is done.Man just thought makes me tingle.
Old 09-07-01, 03:07 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Swifty, are you a mechanic? Do you plan on doing the 2JZ-GTE swap yourself? Just curious because to pay someone to do it will cost you an arm and a leg. Probably in the $7K to $10 range (including the motor of course)...just understand what you're getting into...I ask because you're asking about getting a fake Veilside kit (read: cheap) and I would think that someone who wants to do a 2JZ-GTE swap would get a REAL Veilside kit...

Why not just supercharge the V8 instead? It'll cost less and work right the first time...

I love how people just throw around a 2JZ-GTE swap like it's a B16A swap...not quite the same...
Old 09-07-01, 09:30 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Would a 2jz-gte produce more power or will a supercharger produce more?

Also the 1st gen LS only has a 4speed tranny would that have to be switched as well?

Man if I knew it was possible I would of done the 2jz-gte swap and work on all my mods at another time.
Old 09-07-01, 10:19 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

Oh no...i wouldn't ever get a fake Veilside kit. I was just curious as to who did one? Believe me there is nothing more that I can stand than these ripoff companies leeching off of someone else's hard work. As for the swap, I've only heard about it being done in japan, but I guess the 1jz is standard over there so the swap may be a little easier. To be honest, i'm a fan of the lexus cars (except the ES) as well as japan trends. unfortunatly reality has me buyin my first house, which will be completed in nov, so with escrow comin closer it may put me even further back

Old 09-08-01, 01:58 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

edogg: The 2JZ-GTE mates well with the 4-speed Auto. As for the swap, trust me, it's not a simple drop in. If that's your only mode of transportation, I would think twice...plus you have to find/know someone who is competent enough to do it. Like I said, it's not like a simple Honda engine swap...

Swifty - Well said! I too hate people/companies that just rip other people off because they don't have the talent to be original. What's worse are people that support companies like that by buying their crappy products!

That's cool that you're into JDM stuff....as for buying a house first, BRAVO! It's nice to see someone who's THINKING...it cracks me up to see these "kids" trying to fix up their 120K mile 3rd hand Lexus cars like they were Civics while *****ing and complaining that they're poor students or mommy and daddy won't give them money or what not...Fixing up Luxury cars takes money...you should have other aspects of your life straighten out before your start trying to hook up a Lexus...I'm glad that you seem to have your priorities straight! Good luck and congrats on your first house!
Old 09-08-01, 02:25 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it cracks me up to see these "kids" trying to fix up their 120K mile 3rd hand Lexus cars like they were Civics while *****ing and complaining that they're poor students or mommy and daddy won't give them money or what not...Fixing up Luxury cars takes money...you should have other aspects of your life straighten out before your start trying to hook up a Lexus...I'm glad that you seem to have your priorities straight! Good luck and congrats on your first house!
Interesting. Actually most people around spend their last money on whatever make them happy! How it that funny?
Old 09-08-01, 10:00 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Manaray I agree with you on that.When I had my civic,man parts were cheap and easy to go by.

As for the LS the Bodykit would cost as much as the total mods I had put into the civic.It is two different realms when you have been thru both.
Old 09-19-01, 05:46 AM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

hey LS400in520,

i'm still looking for a body kit for my 1990 LS 400. what body kits can you offer me? i don't like the veilside kit, erebuni, or the xenon kit. what kind of different kits can you offer me? it really doesn't matter if it is a knock off but only if it will fit right and i don't have to cut a whole lot. how much will you charge for shipping and handling, since i live in Virginia?let me know bro. thanks for the help bro

Quick Reply: body Kit