LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Check out this site!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-01, 08:01 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ok, this is just a rough draft of the LS400 site...tell me what you think please.

www.retrodrive.net
Old 08-29-01, 08:09 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice format,but the words are quite small and the yellow background makes it look wierd.
Old 08-29-01, 09:02 AM
Phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A very "busy" web page for sure. I see a lot of work went into it. The pics would be SUPER if they weren't so dang dark. Perhaps you can fix that up? Good work!

Phil
Old 08-29-01, 10:05 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Post QUOTE

*From your site home page

*1st of all, good work on the page and the time spent. The yellow background is to much and pics are to dark. You are in the right direction!!!

Okay, now the LS4 has dominated the S-Class since 1990 in all the Car mags, reviews, customer/industry rankings and sales(now that an all new Benz is out the playing field is leveling out some, but the big Lex should still shine brighter....

From 1990-1994 the 7 Series was a joke beside the newcomer and champion LS4. 1995 BMW was much better and it beat out the LS4 in some test and visa versa over the past years. The all new LS4 has now crushed the "7"!!! Now until the new "7" bows it's head to try to defend it self.

Do you really know the importance of the line, craftsmanship, ergonomics, impact to the auto industry, materials, perf., vision, etc of the fine car you are driving?

Never dedicate anything with negative comments... That's like me selling computers and telling customers I'm selling 3rd rate products...

Later,

The Ikon

Last edited by The Ikon; 08-30-01 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-29-01, 02:53 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

No way man S-Class and 7 series?The LS is in a class of it's own
Old 08-29-01, 06:59 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Thx for the comments guys, I need a lil help here though.

"The pics would be SUPER if they weren't so dang dark. Perhaps you can fix that up?"

Which pictures exactly? Is it all the graphics or photos?

"The yellow background is to much and pics are to dark."

The background can be fixed, what color do you think would match the site? Also what pictures exactly are you talking about?

Good point on the front page text Ikon. I will revise it a lil more in favour of Lex, its just I dont want to sound all biazed. Can I take some of your comments to post there?

Thx
Old 08-29-01, 08:32 PM
Trillion2001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude...driving without a liscense isn't cool---especially since you were caught. You're car's too pretty to sit in impound. How's the stereo coming?
Old 08-30-01, 12:23 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

I know its not cool, you ever tried living in CA without a car? Impossible. I would rather pay a lot of cash and be driving.

Anyhow...tell me something about site please!?
Old 08-30-01, 05:52 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Good point on the front page text Ikon. I will revise it a lil more in favour of Lex, its just I dont want to sound all biazed. Can I take some of your comments to post there?
This is a site FOR the LS4... So people are expecting to hear/learn things about the LS4. <TRUE FACTS...> The proof is in the car...

As for the comments you can add what you wish... There's a lot of info you can get just from the www.Lexus.com.. Also check out the J.D. Powers reports...

Talk to other LS4 owners on this site with history of the LS4. JBrady, Lou Le, Edogg, LS4in520, etc have a broad knowledge of your Lex of choice....

Good Luck... It's going great and the potential is all there!!!

***I would not mention that I was driving around without a D.L., that is a CRIME... You NEVER know who may reading your site info...

The Ikon
Old 09-01-01, 04:27 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

A lot of updates on the sit. Basically it is finished from the design point. Now I just need to update it regulary.

Well, I am doing some research on Lexsus, but I am still pretty new to this kind of car (I know all about Civics though!). However, I am sure you guys know many things I have no idea about.

If you want to contribute, I will give you all the props on the page. What I am particulary interested about is the Performance section. I am thinking about making an article on every upgrade on the car. For example, you can install Torque Converter, so I need an article about the purpose of torque converter, what it does and how it works. So if you know any similar info, gimmi a link or something. If you want to write something yourself, you will get all the special props on the site.

Thx for the support
Old 09-01-01, 06:41 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Retro nice updates,your site is getting better.Although the downside of a torque converter is that you will lose a bit of drivablility,put more stress on the tranny.and your rear tires will wear out faster.But it would help the LS alot.
Old 09-02-01, 09:47 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Retro here are some links to more pics of souped up LS400's.

http://www.admiration.ne.jp/admiration/toyota.html

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/VIPCAR/garally.html

hope this pictures well help you in largering your pics gallery.

Old 09-02-01, 05:35 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Thx Eric

That helps. Man I had like 5 e-mails in the morning asking about LS400 customisation :[````]. Also on the Torque Converter, I am going to find a better article. There are many out there, I am just picking the ones that are easy to understand.
epk: Its only 5 years of expirence
Old 09-02-01, 05:45 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

No problem retro,here is one more link of pics for you.It has a pic of a supercharged engine.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/9264/index.html

Dude I was tempted to buy a 100 shot NOS system a few days ago,but I was scared 100 would be to much and plus I did not know if my engine or tranny could handle 100 shots of NOS.
Old 09-02-01, 10:48 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Are you kidding? You can put 60 shot of nitros on a stock 4 banging civic. With a v8 you can go around 120 shots dry and about 150 wet and be safe. My engine is kinda old (179k) so I will go 120 - 130 as soon as i can afford it. Ive sat in a Mustang Cobra with 200 shots though :[```]

BTW, auto tranny is better for N02 rather then manual. Its safer on your transmission due to a faster switch between gears.

Quick Reply: Check out this site!