LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Some LS's for sale..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-05, 11:04 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Some LS's for sale..

Here are a few LS's for sale. What I find interesting is the front bumper on the first gen, it’s an OEM bumper, and it looks good, but I wonder why it never made its way to the U.S.?

Additionally, you will find out they are one of the most FULLY loaded LS's out there, I'm talking Navi, heated seats, headlight washers, Air suspension, fender signal markers, etc.... (98-2000)

To get the price in US dollars, divide the number by 3.70.

http://www.alsaramotors.ae/main_L.htm

Also, notice the interior/exterior color combo's, a bit different then we're usually used too. Theres also a 95 LS with a 98+ conversion.

I have absolutely fallen in love with this LS right here:

http://www.alsaramotors.ae/LS400-99-013.htm
Old 09-27-05, 02:39 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only differance that i see on that first gen are the foglights... actual fogs, hmmn, very pretty
Old 09-27-05, 03:20 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by Brandicus
The only differance that i see on that first gen are the foglights... actual fogs, hmmn, very pretty

Then there is the front bumper lip. Do you have that?

and check out these rear lights.. smaller, to clear the wider license plate:
Old 09-30-05, 04:18 AM
Mazinger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are the so called "gcc specifications" short for Gulf Council Countries. that are sold in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain. the reason that the rear lights are different is because unlike the US, all countries issue long (european) or short (japanese or US) style number plates at your will (at least in my country the UAE) so if a car with different taillights come in and a person get a long number plate then he'll have to bend it to get it to fit, and I think the japanese are much smarter that to let that happen.

all LS's are sold (full option) you dont get to choose any options as far as I know, they even come with a supercheap nokia charger (looks like a manual gearbox stick that comes from the passenger side) whether you like it or not.

TV/NAV was not offered till 2004 in GCC trim, the ones you see with it are imported from germany. Actually most of the cars on that site are german imports, the GCC ones do not have the front lip/foglights or the rear electric seats......etc.

still no other country get the same specifications as the japanese Celsior, European are close, but still not quite there (missing a few options).
Old 09-30-05, 07:40 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Red face

I didn't notice any that showed the mileage!
Old 10-01-05, 12:35 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by Mazinger
These are the so called "gcc specifications" short for Gulf Council Countries. that are sold in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain. the reason that the rear lights are different is because unlike the US, all countries issue long (european) or short (japanese or US) style number plates at your will (at least in my country the UAE) so if a car with different taillights come in and a person get a long number plate then he'll have to bend it to get it to fit, and I think the japanese are much smarter that to let that happen.

all LS's are sold (full option) you dont get to choose any options as far as I know, they even come with a supercheap nokia charger (looks like a manual gearbox stick that comes from the passenger side) whether you like it or not.

TV/NAV was not offered till 2004 in GCC trim, the ones you see with it are imported from germany. Actually most of the cars on that site are german imports, the GCC ones do not have the front lip/foglights or the rear electric seats......etc.

still no other country get the same specifications as the japanese Celsior, European are close, but still not quite there (missing a few options).
Yeah, it says german imports on the website, because the navi was not avaliable till '04. Now, regarding the fogs/lip on the first gens, I have seen them in saudi on manyyy occasions.

btw, im a big fan of Grandizer Your SN just reminded me of the good ole days.
Old 10-01-05, 03:57 AM
Mazinger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought those foglights were retrofits?

Grendizer is the more or the less Mazinger's brother, both made by the genius "Go Nagai"