LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Finally my bodykit it is coming!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-01, 01:21 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i just purchased my bodykit and i can not wait for it to get here from Japan.

here it is

http://www.admiration.ne.jp/admiration/celsior-1.html

Click on the picture for the rear view.

I might get some different opinions from you guys,to some of you it might not look right because it is to ricey or agressive for the LS or you guys might like it ,but the important thing is that is pleases me.

I am just going to have straight white instead of the two tone silver and white.

The only thing i am worried about is fitment because these are made for the Celsiors in domestic Japanese market.

I also think i might be the only one to have this kit here in the U.S,well at least i hope so,becuase i have never seen an LS in the U.S like that before and that was what my importer told me,you'll probably be the only one with this kit on their LS.

Well i hope it goes well for the fitment part.

I will try to post pics as soon as it is done.

Last edited by LOTC; 07-14-01 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-14-01, 03:22 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which importer did you get it through?

Also, do you like the sideskirt that looks like a sidestep? Personally, it's too ricer for me...but if you like it, hey, that's what counts...

Old 07-14-01, 07:18 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Manaray i actually talk to Hiro about it and he said he could get it.I talk to other shops like Carsima and D2,they are asking for way too much, over 3 grand for a regular kit and 7-9 grand for a wide body, i was like what kind **** are you guys smoking that's way too much.

GlobeCLK and GSintensive were he ones that told me to talk to Hiro,i would of talk to him earlier but i only saw stuff for the IS and GS that he had for the Cason Toyota Clublexus meet so i thought he could not get anything for the LS.

I knew you came late to the Carson Toyota meet Manaray,but i think Hiro was still there was'nt he?

Acutally the reason i got this kit was that i liked how the bumper sticks out a little under the clear corner lenses and also i love that side step look,it looks awesome to me,but that is my opinion,some of you might think it belongs on a suv or some pick up truck,but i think it gives the LS a wider look.

Manaray i need your help,i got two questions?

1.I am scared that this kit is made for the Celsior in the Japan Domestic market,do you think i will have a problem with fitting it on to my LS 400,or the counterparts from japan would have the same deminsions as the ones in the U.S?

2.Does this kit look difficult to install or does it look like it is a basic bolt kit?

Thanks again

Last edited by LOTC; 07-14-01 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-15-01, 02:33 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The JDM Celsiors are the same size...don't worry, it should fit just fine.

As for install, well you'll have to have it painted first. The body shop (a competent one) should be able to install it with no problem. It's bolt on, but it's not what I would call "easy". Also, depending on the kit, sometimes, the shop will have to do some fitting. But most Japanese kits fit perfectly...the crap that VIS and Erebuni sell fit like **** and by the time you pay the body shop all that money to fix it, you could have bought a real kit from Japan!

The Sidestep gives the LS a wider look but at the cost of looking like a SUV...you could have bought sideskirts from a company that makes doorcaps too...it's a little more work to install, but it looks WAY better...

Old 07-15-01, 05:06 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrat's Eric..

I'm glad to hear you finally decided on something..I can't even imagine how excited you are!!!

I don't like it as much as some other kits we've seen but as Manaray said, if you like it then that's what is most important. I definitely like the idea of being the only one IN THE COUNTRY to have it..I like the Wald version 2 but thanks to Manaray now everyone will have it!!

So you're going have everything white??? I think with that particular kit that would be best.

About the install..so do you have to remove the current bumpers or does it fit "over" the current ones?? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not familiar with body kit fitment.

Did you get everything included on that picture (fog lights, etc..) or just the 3 main pieces??

If you don't mind me asking, how much did Hiro charge you compared to the other importers you talked to. You can PM me if you don't want to "blab".

Anyways, congrat's again...get some pic's when it's done!!
Old 07-15-01, 09:48 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Thanks for the all the info manaray,i was so scared that the kit would not fit right and they would have to force it in to fit.

Zushwa Hiro prices are about $1000 cheaper than what i got from other importers.If you are interested in buying the Auto Couture or the Wald V2 you should ask him.

I just got the front,rear,and sides.The foglights if i decide to get any i could get cheaper here in the states,i do not like the spoiler either.

Zushwa I will give you Hiro's E-mail if you are interested in buying anything in japan.

Last edited by LOTC; 07-15-01 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-15-01, 10:36 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Oh yeah Zushwas i forgoet to answer your other question.

Yes i believe they are ful bumper replacements, therefore the stock bumpers and sides need to be taken off and then all that is needed is the kit to be bolted on.I am sure it is not that simple as how i am saying it,but that is the general idea.

The Wald V2 to will just be added on to your stock bumpers and sides.
Old 07-15-01, 12:42 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Eric. I know where to get a hold of Hiro. I'm not really in a hurry, I've got other mod's to take care of first. Maybe if I keep getting paid tax free I can afford all this **** I want to do when I get back. If not, the kit has to wait till spring.
Old 07-15-01, 04:55 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Zushwa, i would of told you the price that Hiro got the kit for me for,but it was a personal deal between me and Hiro and not from his company,so it would be best if i keep the price undisclosed.

Also if you pay cash it is tax free,but you do not live by him so you probably would have to pay the tax.

Hiro can get you the Wald V2 from japan for a good price,but the only weird thing is that i do not see the Wald V2 in the japanese website,only in Wald USA's website.
Old 07-15-01, 05:41 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Zushwa, if the Wald v2 kit is not available, you can always get the Exclusive Euro kit...boy, would THAT **** off LouLe!

Old 07-15-01, 11:24 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Ha Manaray Loule would be mad,he does not even want to see another bodykit thread on the LS forum again.:Mad:

Manaray i was talking to Tony about JDM cars and how they have less safety features on them.Therefore Japanese kits might not match ours.He had a friends Miata that the front would not fit and the sides were 3inches short and the kit from veilside was for the J-spec miata.Well safety features make that much of a difference in fitment.

Man i am getting all worked up on the kit not fitting.I would be devastated if it can not fit.I sure hope the Celsiors have the same deminsions as our LS 400's.

Yes I can picture Zushwa cringing about how every LS well look like the Wald V2 now.