LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Performance Mods for 1st Gen LS

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-01, 08:07 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I knew as much about the LS as I in college,my mom would be very proud.
Old 08-24-01, 07:40 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edogg, my parents say the same thing about my interest and dedication to the car compared to my school studies!
Old 08-24-01, 11:19 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Loule I totally agree with you.They always say way do you spend so much on the car! or they will say if you spend as much time on your car as you do in school,you would graduate college by now!
Old 08-31-01, 06:27 AM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i need some help

hey wassup everyone? i have a question about my 90 LS 400. i have a air suspension ride and i'd like to know if there is anyone selling aftermarket parts for it. i would like to lower my car but i don't know who would sell it. and is there any way to bypass the sensors to lower the car? thank you for your help
Old 09-01-01, 07:47 AM
yin
Driver School Candidate

Hi....yes there are modifications available in japan which is basically an extra computer for controlling ride height...on air suspension models

Basically it is abox with preprogrammed ride height settings

Also the settings can be programmed yourself ...re differential for front and rear and driving style.

The best tricks on this box is that it automatically can select programmes depending what speed you are travelling at.

I will try and post a picture back here next week....

I don't know if it is available in the states ...I think there are 3 well known makers of these in Japan

But it is kinda pricey.....

Yin
Old 09-01-01, 08:01 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

I do not think there is such a device here in the states.There could be solution around the problem,but you are gonna have to ask around LSpinoy.

Nothing comes cheap from Japan if you live the U.S
Old 09-02-01, 10:02 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Hey LSpiNoy check out the thread below called (Tires and Wheels for 92 LS400).

gs4to4 has showed us a way to lower the car with air susepnsions.
Old 09-06-01, 04:23 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

thanks for tha help edogg. hey bro you finally got your kit? where did you get it from? i bet that thing looks mad tight.
Old 09-23-01, 11:01 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Seeing it in person is the only way to truly see the beauty.
Old 10-01-01, 07:29 PM
sherwin
Driver School Candidate

i went to a lot of sites on the list.. , none really had anything for the LS400, except the ECU's. The parts I'm interested in are an inexpensive but functional air intake, exhaust, and coilovers or some other way to lower my first gen 92 ls. Thanks.
Old 10-02-01, 12:01 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Sherwin there is really no intake for the LS right now all you could do right now is find a adapter and put a cone filter at the end of it.Weapn-r and SRT are in the process of making one though.

Exhuasts I would just go by some universal exhuasts and have a muffler shop do the piping it is much better you will save more money.Tom's has probably the only muffler avaiable for the LS.
You can get them from
http://www.carsontoyota.com
but it will cost alot becuase they will need to be imported from japan.

As for lowering the LS as long as you do not have air suspension.
Eibach,H&R,and Intrax all make lowering springs for the LS.

Nice to find another person wanting to mod a LS around here.
Old 10-05-01, 09:44 PM
ArCaDe007
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Hey where can i find some more info & pricing on the following:
ECU, Struts, Shocks, Strut bar, Spark Plug Wires, intakes.

I checked out RMM's ECU and the price is ridiculous. You can get ECU's for other cars for 1/3 the price. I know it's for a Lexus but you can get ECU's for BMW's for like $400-$500. I will have to call SRT to see if they have one for a 93 LS. Where can I get pricing for the G-Force & Tom's ECU's?

As for the other stuff, what sites in general can I check for pricing? I am looking for some shocks & struts right now so I was thinking I might as well go for a struc tower bar as well. The Intake & wires can come later but i would like to get more info & pricing on them to see if I can do this now or in the not-so-distant future. Thanks for any info I get in advance!
Old 10-08-01, 08:24 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

ArCaDe007 - welcome to the world of modding a Lexus where everything is 2-3 times as expensive to mod as another car.

The ECU - you are clearly looking at over $1000 with RMM and Tom's but the RMM is made for the LS400 as the Tom's is made for the Celsior. SRT, as of right now has not finished their HFI for the 1st gen LS4 but when they do expect the same price as the GS4. I, would hold off for the SRT HFI since it will come with a intake and ECU upgrade for around $700-$800.

Struts and shocks - I have the Eibach and tokico compo on my car. I paid around $175 for the Eibachs and $75 each for the shocks and $100 for install. I live in Houston, TX so the pot holes here are about the same or maybe even worse here to NY. I am planning to get some coilovers, but they get pretty pricey (over $1500).

Wires - Viteck makes the cheapes for about $120 and it can go up to $350 for Magnecor wires.

Strut bar - As I stated there isn't really a strut bar for the LS4 unless you import one from Japan for $350. A supra strut bar is known to fit and will cost you about $65 for a cheap one. All you need is a couple of washers to raise the bar to clear the engine.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions just holler.

Last edited by SQ-LS; 10-08-01 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-08-01, 10:56 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Loule what year is the Supra strut bar that will fit the LS?Can you really feel a difference with it?

Thanks Loule
Old 10-08-01, 03:57 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by edogg
Loule what year is the Supra strut bar that will fit the LS?Can you really feel a difference with it?

Thanks Loule
The last of the american kind supra .
93-98 supra

Quick Reply: Performance Mods for 1st Gen LS