LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

SFX Audio HU install Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-05, 11:58 PM
CGuava
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFX Audio HU install Kit

Just surfing the SFX audio website tonight and i was wondering if all the kits will work for the LS400 (mine's a 90). They have 2 listed, looks like one with just the openning for the HU and one with a slot for misc. stuff under the hole for the head unit.

These are the 2 model numbers that pop up:
LX3-no slot, recommended by lexls.com-$50

Sosche LS2075-know nothing about this one.-$30

Thanks in advance!
Christian
Old 02-06-05, 12:37 AM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

Go to Circuit City or Best Buy, ask the guys that work in the "Car Stereo Installation" area to recommend a kit to you. Kits should be less expensive and in addition you can physically see it.
Old 02-06-05, 11:03 AM
CGuava
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem is that everywhere i go, they tell me they'll have to build me a custom kit ($$$) to mount the headunit into my car. The only kit that i've found on the net that would work is the ones from SFX audio.

Christian
Old 02-06-05, 12:29 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CGuava
the problem is that everywhere i go, they tell me they'll have to build me a custom kit ($$$) to mount the headunit into my car. The only kit that i've found on the net that would work is the ones from SFX audio.

Christian
I suggest you PM member "Retrodrive" who owns a 91LS (he's also a moderator in the Audio-Video Electronics Forum) here on CL and ask him specifically what kit he used from www.autotoys.com

I found this thread from him:

"Here is a lil update on the dash kit for LS400 from autotoys.

The dash comes in 5 pieces:
1 - The Single DIN metallic support bracket that goes on the outside of the stock bracket assembly.

2 - 2 spacers that help you to mount the bracket in place.

3 - Faceplate assembly is basically the black metallic over that makes the area around your head unit look nice. (There are 2 of them different sizes, I would guess the second is for other year Lexuses cause it is too wide to fit anywhere.)

I have installed it and I really like the way it looks.

Here is something cool that I have found:
The conditioner part of the dashboard has green backlights. You can change the backlight colour. I believe that you have heard that there are 2 kinds of backlights that you can find at a lex dealerships; they are blue and green. To match your radio backlight you can make those lights bright orange (no flaming please "Just like in BMWs"). Just take the conditioner unit appart and take off the green or blue rubber covers off the backlight lamps! It looks very stylish and stock alike if your head unit's backlight is the same colour as all the other lighting on your dashboard. I will post a few pics of mine soon."

Here is his website: http://www.cureline.net/lex/audio.htm
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/2291-retrodrive.html