LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

nAKAMICHI AMP

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 09:46 AM
nagasakki
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question nAKAMICHI AMP

Anybody know where to get the Nakamichi amp repaired? I got a 93' LS4. And where the heck is my amp? I put my hand underneath the passenger/driver's seat, i feel nothing that feels like an amp. and I looked at trunk and underneath the cd changer, nothing.
b/t/w anybody know how to remove the passenger/front seats?

What happend was, when I installed my aftermarket Audiobanh Amp, I wanted to test if it'll work on stock subwoofer on back, so I tried to connect the output wires from aftermarket amp to it...it backfired like zzzzP (the wiring from stock amp was still connected to the stock nak woofer
Then the sounds from the speakers just skip now like...ah ah ooh-ooh-eh-eh-yo-yo.

I tried looking at ebay...no luck.

Last edited by nagasakki; 01-12-05 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-12-05, 01:27 PM
nagasakki
Rookie

Default aftermarket

anyone had aftermarket system installed in their 90-94 ls4?
Old 01-12-05, 01:30 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you blew our your amp and it's clipping now.

I'm not sure where your nak amp is located, but mine can be seen, if I remember correctly, if you look around the trunk. I think I either saw it by removing a removable piece on the right hand side of the trunk (looking at the back of the car into the trunk) or if was down where my jack and spare tire stuff was.

I really don't remember now but every nak amp I've ever seen has been somewhere in the trunk, hidden.
Old 01-12-05, 01:43 PM
nagasakki
Rookie

Default tried trunk

I tried looking everywhere in trunk, not even under spare tire location underneath or side of gas tank, not even near the cd changer. I stripped all the carpet off, no luck. but I see something tat looks like amp attached on top of cd changer with 2 or 3 connectors on it, i don't remember. But its not removable. so i don't think or sure thats an amp. so it's gotta be under the seat, but i moved the seats all the way back and all the way up...nothing.

Anybody with 93' LS4 know the exact location?

I already took a look at 92' LS4, it's right underneath the cd changer, but totally different.
Old 01-12-05, 02:03 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nagasakki
I tried looking everywhere in trunk, not even under spare tire location underneath or side of gas tank, not even near the cd changer. I stripped all the carpet off, no luck. but I see something tat looks like amp attached on top of cd changer with 2 or 3 connectors on it, i don't remember. But its not removable. so i don't think or sure thats an amp. so it's gotta be under the seat, but i moved the seats all the way back and all the way up...nothing.

Anybody with 93' LS4 know the exact location?

I already took a look at 92' LS4, it's right underneath the cd changer, but totally different.
In your car it's not mounted under any seat.
I believe it's mounted/screwed to your head unit in your dash.

Last edited by SharpLS-96; 01-12-05 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-12-05, 03:01 PM
nagasakki
Rookie

Exclamation

hm, you maybe right, i'm going to check when i get some time to.
thanx
Old 01-12-05, 10:11 PM
hlovepenn
Pit Crew

Check with the following: http://elliottelectronics.com/
I just had a '96 radio and amp fixed and they are great. They will be able to tell you where whatever is where. I belive that the amp is under the CD in the trunk, but they will know and help you in removing it for shipment!! Good luck!
Old 01-13-05, 09:04 AM
lorenzo816
Pole Position

Default From a 92 CD manual

Everyone should try and get a CD manual from ebay or somewhere.
Really helpful for wiring, parts and home repair DIY and etc etc.
I also ordered a part listing from ebay that has part numbers and time of repair, (probably rippped straight from an auto body repair shop manual) Cost me 6 dollars from ebay.

here is a pic from my 92, it may help for the location of things.

Old 01-13-05, 09:51 AM
nagasakki
Rookie

I already had checked under the CD Changer, also I had looked at the 92 LS in person myself. I found a amp under the CD changer in that 92 LS, but in my 93' LS4 it's not there!
I also checked around the gas tank, underneath the woofer, nothing there either tat looks like an amp.

I don't get it, why did the ppl who built this car hide the amp?
Old 01-13-05, 09:58 AM
nagasakki
Rookie

Originally Posted by hlovepenn
Check with the following: http://elliottelectronics.com/
I just had a '96 radio and amp fixed and they are great. They will be able to tell you where whatever is where. I belive that the amp is under the CD in the trunk, but they will know and help you in removing it for shipment!! Good luck!
If I can ever find my Amp...

they had experience with 92' which is very easier since it's right under the cd changer.
but my is 93' and it's not there and no where...I been nearly stripping the trunk for this. and no luck.
Old 01-13-05, 10:27 AM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

According to that illustration what's with the antenna on the rear glass window? No such antenna existed there as far as I know.....well not on American spec models.
Old 01-13-05, 10:30 AM
nagasakki
Rookie

Angry import....

my car is not canadian.
Old 01-13-05, 10:33 AM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nagasakki
If I can ever find my Amp...

they had experience with 92' which is very easier since it's right under the cd changer.
but my is 93' and it's not there and no where...I been nearly stripping the trunk for this. and no luck.
Did you pull out your head unit and check where I said?
It should be mounted to the side of your head unit if your system is a Nakamichi.
Old 01-13-05, 10:36 AM
nagasakki
Rookie

yea i will, on the weekend if i get some spare time left, I'm at work right now, and everyday.
I will soon post if I find it there.
Old 01-13-05, 07:11 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SharpLS-96
According to that illustration what's with the antenna on the rear glass window? No such antenna existed there as far as I know.....well not on American spec models.
The older Lexus models with the power masts also had a secondary glass imprint antenna as well. The two were supposed to set up a field for better reception--I believe it was called a diversity antenna system.

Quick Reply: nAKAMICHI AMP