LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

MODS!!! Tech and help>> check it out

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-01, 08:45 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts
Lightbulb

hey it's me again.. I wanted to post a new thread because there are so many topics but there are all scatered. Well for wheel info.. you can go up to 19 safely. I hae 18x7.5 now. bolt patten ins 4x114.3, if you go with 235-45-18 then you can drop you car up to 2inches. 18 quantum teks and planing to drop it 1.75 with about .25 fender gap. The bottom is post i posted on other thread but it would be helpful here too. Please help me out on the body kit. Also if you want clear lighting then email me.. i want a group buy on that too.

Hey if you guys are looking for parts let me know. First if you want and intake for LS400, it easy and cheap. Rod Millen makes one but he wants 180+, you can get one for 55 bucks like me. Order a Supra adapter for about 25 or 30 bucks then a cone shape filter, make sure it is a cubber bottom.. Metal or chrom bottom would ba pain in the *** to get on the adapter. Secon for the Strut Tower bar. No one makes one.but... Order a new generation Supra modle bar, all you have to do is buy washer to prop up the bar. Stock the bar is not bent high enough to clear the engine so it vibrates it. So i put about 4 washer on each bolt, and it solves the problems. The exhaust. The best and cheapest was is to build your own cat back, if you have a kit or plan on getting one then this is great. First buy two exhaust any kind universal. then take it to a local exhaust, make sure they do quality work (what you pay is what you get). it shouldn't be more than 150-200 for the piping done. Tell them to cut all the old piping form the old cat-back. Just intsall a 2 1/2 pipe back, stright no bends, do not foll the old exhaust bend. Just straight and close to the body as possible, make sure it clears and make sure they sucure the pipe with lots of hangers. This stright cat-back should add about 10 hp, but i got to warn you it's kidda loud. So if you dont' like it that loud, but an univers exhuast with a silencer/baffle on it. For other mods e-mail me. IF you want these parts, email me too, i know a guys with a shop that is a lexus owner also so he give me great prices. Nguyennhu23@aol.com
Next...
I recently spoke with VIS, they said they can get me an evoulution kit. the kit comes with front bumber, sides (with door caps, about 6pcs total), rear, Eyes brows, and front grill, maybe a spoiler i'm not sure but i'll check. Anyways they said that they can ship the kit here from japan for me for about 950. I asked them what about a group buy, they said that i can probably get the kit for a couple of hundered cheaper then what they told me if i bought it by myself. So here we go.. E-mail me if you want to join the group buy it is Nguyennhu23@aol.com
you can view the kit at www.importfans.com
Go to their old site, the icon is near the middle of the page. Then products and then lexus LS400 kit. the kit that looks like the evolution is the what they call junction kit.
Hope to hear from you sooN!!!! :eek: