LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Door lock actuator problem -locking unlocking randomly

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-15, 07:36 AM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know bumping up an old thread but on my es300 it does something similar. only the locks thou. It will randomly lock the doors in drive and once key goes off
Old 04-15-15, 08:12 AM
ManjuGrip
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed with my 99 that on hot days when I go to lock all the doors by double clicking on the remote, that one of the doors' lock only gets about halfway locked (it changes all the time which one has the problem).
So since one of the doors isn't locked, it unlocks everything again. When I sit inside my car and double click the remote, I have to look to see which isn't locking all the way and then manually lock it quickly before the car realizes its still unlocked. Then all the doors will stay locked. But since I'm still inside the car I have to unlock again, get out and then relock everything and they all stay locked....
Kind of annoying....any thoughts?
Old 04-15-15, 08:53 AM
Yamae

Received 855 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by ManjuGrip
I've noticed with my 99 that on hot days when I go to lock all the doors by double clicking on the remote, that one of the doors' lock only gets about halfway locked (it changes all the time which one has the problem).
So since one of the doors isn't locked, it unlocks everything again. When I sit inside my car and double click the remote, I have to look to see which isn't locking all the way and then manually lock it quickly before the car realizes its still unlocked. Then all the doors will stay locked. But since I'm still inside the car I have to unlock again, get out and then relock everything and they all stay locked....
Kind of annoying....any thoughts?
Because there are two different motor driver transistors. Those have different ON resistances. The difference does not cause the problem when the motor is OK.

Your problem indicates that the motor is badly clogged inside and making a short path or a bridge of the current. The path is eating the current and the motor gets only smaller current.

You can fix the problem replacing the motor. Only cleaning inside of the motor can often fix the problem, I must add. Actually I have fixed all 4 actuators just cleaning inside of motors.
Attached Thumbnails Door lock actuator problem -locking unlocking randomly-clogged-inside.jpeg  
Old 04-15-15, 02:19 PM
ManjuGrip
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yamae
because there are two different motor driver transistors. Those have different on resistances. The difference does not cause the problem when the motor is ok.

Your problem indicates that the motor is badly clogged inside and making a short path or a bridge of the current. The path is eating the current and the motor gets only smaller current.

You can fix the problem replacing the motor. Only cleaning inside of the motor can often fix the problem, i must add. Actually i have fixed all 4 actuators just cleaning inside of motors.
ありがとう やまえ-さん! やってみる! (^_-)v
Old 04-20-15, 04:32 AM
bonobob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bonobob
had similar problem yesterday. had couple of inches of snow overnite. when I went to car this AM all door windows were half way down, moon roof partially open and all doors were locked. had lots of snow inside car. Am I being haunted??
my 2006 GS300 TWICE IN LAST 6 YEARS HAS ALL WINDOWS ROLLED DOWN MOON ROOF WIDE OPEN TWICE WITHOUT MY INPUT. THIS OCCURRED SOMETIME BETWEEN SUNSET AND SUNRISE. THE SECOND TIME A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO (SPRING TIME) LUCKILY NO RAIN AND WE HAVE HAD A LOT OF RAIN LATELY. BUT THE FIRST TIME IT SNOWED AND I HAD A LOT OF SNOW INSIDE THE CAR. BOTH OF THESE INCIDENTS HAPPENED AT HOME AND I LEAVE THE KEY INSIDE THE CAR . IT IS NOT GARAGED AND I LIVE IN THE COUNTRY. I DID NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND THE PREVIOUS POSTS ON HOW TO RESOLVE.
Old 04-20-15, 04:43 AM
bonobob
Driver School Candidate

Default Windows roll down and locks lock by theselves

my 2006 GS300 TWICE IN LAST 6 YEARS HAS ALL WINDOWS ROLLED DOWN MOON ROOF WIDE OPEN TWICE WITHOUT MY INPUT. THIS OCCURRED SOMETIME BETWEEN SUNSET AND SUNRISE. THE SECOND TIME A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO (SPRING TIME) LUCKILY NO RAIN AND WE HAVE HAD A LOT OF RAIN LATELY. BUT THE FIRST TIME IT SNOWED AND I HAD A LOT OF SNOW INSIDE THE CAR. BOTH OF THESE INCIDENTS HAPPENED AT HOME AND I LEAVE THE KEY INSIDE THE CAR . IT IS NOT GARAGED AND I LIVE IN THE COUNTRY. I DID NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND THE PREVIOUS POSTS ON HOW TO RESOLVE.
Old 04-22-15, 11:45 PM
pohlmanj
Driver School Candidate

95 LS400 Driver's side door lock will operate with the switch in the arm rest panel. I need to the manual mechanism at the door handle on the inside. It will operate will the key. Don't know what I need to do.
Old 04-23-15, 12:36 AM
Yamae

Received 855 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by pohlmanj
95 LS400 Driver's side door lock will operate with the switch in the arm rest panel. I need to the manual mechanism at the door handle on the inside. It will operate will the key. Don't know what I need to do.
I don't quite understand what you want to say except the first sentence. Will you write again using standard English?
Old 05-09-15, 06:54 PM
pohlmanj
Driver School Candidate

Default To an earlier possting of mine.

I think I know the problem with the lock it's the motor assembly in the driver door. It just doesn't pull the linkage.