LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

First time pics in the gallery!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-05, 07:22 AM
Christian
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,

the mileage today is 453700km. Next week the car is getting new rear bushings and bearings.

Chris
Old 05-07-05, 09:40 AM
lino
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. 453700km! I can't wait until I get my hands on an LS I never had a car with more than 220 000km before.

I have a question for you off topic if you are you in Germany. If so, I was wondering if you can find a price on HELLA headlights for my Mercedes. The lights I want are not available in North America. I just need to find out the price only.

Here are some pictures of the lights:

HELLA Part Numbers - Applicaton - 1992 500e (W124):
Left : 1EJ 004 440 371
Right: 1EJ 004 440 381

Thank You
Old 05-07-05, 10:00 AM
simcom
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

First of all, Christian - tell your dad that his Ls is awsome - especially when I look on the interior and mileage...It looks like your dad treats this car proprly as Lexus should be.

BTW. Did U (your father) buy those clear corners in Germany or on ebay (imported)? If they were bought in Germany I would really like to know where...in Poland they are impossible to find, maybe in Germany is easier?

Cheers
Old 05-07-05, 10:36 AM
VEROSSA
Driver School Candidate

Default Taillights!!

wow, those tail lights make it look like a UCF20/21?!?!

I wonder if the trunk is diferent, or you can just bolt on the inner tail lights on a US model? Can you put a ucf20/21 trunk on a ucf10??? Just curious...

thanks!!!!
Old 05-07-05, 01:33 PM
Christian
Pole Position

@lino

I will find out the price on monday.

@simcom

I bought the lights twice. Fist time at www.procarparts.com and after one got destroyed by a rock at www.autodynamic.com. I paid with credit card and they shipped to germany. I doubt they are available in europe at all. One thing I hate about them is the quality(moisture).

@VEROSSA

Those are the stock lights over here. If you give me the part# of the US trunk, I will check the german one. I dont know if the UCF20/21 will fit but I guess not.

Thank you all,

my dad bought this car 92 brand new. Most of the time I take care of it. My dad just drives it most of the time on the german Autobahn with higher speeds>180km/h and 90% of it alone.
I did the light modifications as the wheels, clear lights and the all black bumpers.
My next project is to make these work they are waiting in my cellar! Bought them last year at us ebay.
Attached Thumbnails First time pics in the gallery!!!!!!!-101_0137.jpg  
Old 05-07-05, 01:33 PM
Christian
Pole Position

Here a closer look on the center console.
Attached Thumbnails First time pics in the gallery!!!!!!!-101_0139.jpg  
Old 05-07-05, 02:03 PM
simcom
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

See, that's why I was always saying that cars from germany are well maintained and in most cases in perfect condition...even old one looks like new. Besides, this is simply the best explanation why do polish people (and actually not only polish) import a lot of cars from your country.

Unfortunatelly my LS is from Poland...(US version)...maybe it is well maintained but it is far away from your dads...Really...This happens if there is more than one owner...

BTW: What is your mileage on 1 tank?Fuel consumption per 100km? I'm really curious because mine is something about 450-470km on one tank in the city...I think it should be more...

Cheers
Old 05-07-05, 02:29 PM
Christian
Pole Position

Hello,

my dad usually tanks every 500km but he does not really dry out the tank. He tanks something around 70L (85L capacity). In the city the car takes 14-16L/100km. On the Autobahn between 12-20L . On a trip through Italy it was a little more than 10L/100km.

Chris
Old 05-08-05, 03:01 AM
lino
Rookie

Originally Posted by Christian
@lino
I will find out the price on monday.
Thank You

Originally Posted by Christian
Good luck with the install! I just simply love it! Please make sure you don't forget to keep us updated when you do it. I really want to se this
Old 05-08-05, 04:27 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Love the interior of your dad's LS...all black. Thats how I want my interior to look like.
Old 05-08-05, 04:53 PM
Christian
Pole Position

@Pagong

Love the interior of your dad's LS...all black. Thats how I want my interior to look like.

What do you mean? The interior is grey!

Chris
Old 05-12-05, 09:02 PM
John Evans
Driver School Candidate

Nice Car. So many nice cars.

What are the electronic devices; the cradle attached to the drive shaft tunnel, and the device hanging at the side of the center console?

Thanks,

JWE
Old 05-12-05, 10:38 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John Evans
Nice Car. So many nice cars.

What are the electronic devices; the cradle attached to the drive shaft tunnel, and the device hanging at the side of the center console?

Thanks,

JWE
The cradle looks like a cell phone holder and the device on the center console looks to be an integrated phone (an option).
Old 05-13-05, 06:02 AM
Christian
Pole Position

Hello,

it is a Nokia cell phone holder for the 6310 and the craddle is the Nokia HSU-1 for privacy talk with the cell phone.

Chris
Old 05-13-05, 08:05 AM
John Evans
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Chris.

Have you attained that mileage without major engine work? How often do you change oil & filter, and what kind of lubricant do you use? I'm a newbie, and I thought my 91 LS 400 was nice, but the cars I see on here are something else. Obviously, many of these vehicles are more spoiled than my minature Pomeranian, Beetlejuice.

Do you actually use the Nokia phone, it must be old? If you don't use it why would you leave the cradle installed?

This is great finding other similar minded people to converse with.

Gota go; the youngster has to get to the school bus stop.

Thanks, JWE

Quick Reply: First time pics in the gallery!!!!!!!