LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

ouside temp readout in Celsuis?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-04, 04:19 PM
libra68
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ouside temp readout in Celsuis?

Ok, I have a strange thing this last year on my car that I have not been able to find any related threads on.

When I first turn on th car I sometimes get an instant reading of celsius then immediately swapps to Fahrenheit. I though I was crazy until a friend wittnessed it in front of his eyes too. It is very quick... less than a second. The dealer says impossible, that it is a separate board, but the dealer here in my estimation, usually wouldn't notice if I brought them a Buick ! (They still have no idea why my steering column won't telescope automatically every time) (Don't get me started on that!) :-)

Any clues?... is this an indicator of a bigger problem? Is is a non-issue and I am being my usual type A self? Thanks!
Old 04-29-04, 05:48 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ouside temp readout in Celsuis?

Originally posted by libra68
Ok, I have a strange thing this last year on my car that I have not been able to find any related threads on.

When I first turn on th car I sometimes get an instant reading of celsius then immediately swapps to Fahrenheit. I though I was crazy until a friend wittnessed it in front of his eyes too. It is very quick... less than a second. The dealer says impossible, that it is a separate board, but the dealer here in my estimation, usually wouldn't notice if I brought them a Buick ! (They still have no idea why my steering column won't telescope automatically every time) (Don't get me started on that!) :-)

Any clues?... is this an indicator of a bigger problem? Is is a non-issue and I am being my usual type A self? Thanks!
Maybe you are to close to Canada and confusing your thermometer .
The steering column may have a bad positioner sensor .
Old 04-29-04, 07:11 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: ouside temp readout in Celsuis?

Originally posted by Lexkost
Maybe you are to close to Canada and confusing your thermometer .
LOL

libra...

perhaps your telescope auto switch gets turned off. If not that then your telescopic motor may be bad. I had my motor burn out and had to pay $600 to get it replaced. The LS has 2 motors... one for up and down..and one for in and out... Or perhaps one of the motor wires could be loose causing this problem. As for the thermometer... thas the first time I've ever heard somethin like that.