Register Forgot Password?

cheap performance?

Old 04-03-04, 11:58 PM   #1
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default cheap performance?

hey...
i wanna get somethin relatively cheap thats gonna put a lil extra oomph in my car. Has anyone heard of turbonator (www.turbonator.com) or tornado (http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/?sou...f&term=tornado) ? Does that stuff actually help? Im a lil sceptical. It seems too good to be true for that amount of money. Right now my engine is stock except for a K&N air filter.. it adds some power at the high end.. i was thinkin that with the addition of eitha the turbonator or the tornado (since they fit right by the air filter) the gains would be quite noticeable. But again im sceptical about this... i'd ratha spend my 70 bucks savin up for somethin else, but if these products would help AT ALL i wouldnt mind gettin em... Do these products actually help and has anyone tried them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. (BTW i dont care bout the extra gas mileage but rather the couple of horses i could gain)
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
04 RX330
Past Lexus's
06 Lexus GS430 Glacier Frost Mica, 03 Lexus RX300 Pearl Diamond White
95 Lexus SC300 Pearl Diamond White, 94 Lexus LS400 Jade Green
LeXuSrAcIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-04, 12:30 AM   #2
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Welcome to Club Lexus!
You will find it quite informative and friendly.

Now in regards to this Tornado Fuel Saver, save your money because it's a complete waste. I remember it being discussed on here and we have come to the conclusion that It's not going to do a thing for your car in terms of any horsepower gain.

"THIS GREAT NATION WILL LEAD THE WORLD AND WE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!" --GEORGE W. BUSH
"I SAY TO OUR ENEMIES: WE ARE COMING! GOD MAY HAVE MERCY ON YOU, BUT WE WON'T!"--JOHN McCAIN
"THE PROBLEM WITH LIBERALS IS NOT THAT THEY'RE IGNORANT-IT'S THAT THEY KNOW SO MUCH THAT ISN'T SO!" --RONALD WILSON REAGAN -- MAY HE R.I.P.

Last edited by SharpLS-96; 04-04-04 at 12:36 AM..
SharpLS-96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-04, 10:07 AM   #3
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Just search with 'tornado' and you will find many previous threads about this product. I recall one the car magazines (C & D, Motor Thrend ...) tested it a long time ago and didn't find the benefits claimed by the manufacture.
Old 04-04-04, 10:52 AM   #4
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: cheap performance?

Quote:
Originally posted by LeXuSrAcIn
hey...
i wanna get somethin relatively cheap thats gonna put a lil extra oomph in my car. Has anyone heard of turbonator (www.turbonator.com) or tornado (http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/?sou...f&term=tornado) ? Does that stuff actually help? Im a lil sceptical. It seems too good to be true for that amount of money. Right now my engine is stock except for a K&N air filter.. it adds some power at the high end.. i was thinkin that with the addition of eitha the turbonator or the tornado (since they fit right by the air filter) the gains would be quite noticeable. But again im sceptical about this... i'd ratha spend my 70 bucks savin up for somethin else, but if these products would help AT ALL i wouldnt mind gettin em... Do these products actually help and has anyone tried them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. (BTW i dont care bout the extra gas mileage but rather the couple of horses i could gain)
what year and model of car do you have?
persian451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-04, 10:52 AM

Tags
cheap, turbonator