LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1990-1994 owners - what options does your car have? Anyone with a LS400 with cloth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 09:45 PM
Shaffer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990-1994 owners - what options does your car have? Anyone with a LS400 with cloth?

I know that for 1990 (not sure about the 91-94s), cloth interior was standard. Some of the options were : leather interior, premium sound system (NAK), remote entry, sunroof, TRAC, and air-supension. Which of these options does your car have?

I am not sure if/when leather interior became standard.

Does anyone have a LS400 WITHOUT a sunroof?
Does anyone have a LS400 WITHOUT leather interior?

My car has all of the standard LS400 features for 1990, and just these only four options:
Sunroof
leather interior
remote entry
gold exterior trim option - which includes gold emblems on the trunk, gold grille and gold emblems on the wheels. Perhaps this was a dealer option/accessory, as it is not listed on the factory invoice.

I have only seen one LS400 with cloth interior and it was listed on E-Bay a while back.

Last edited by Shaffer; 12-02-03 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-02-03, 09:58 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know if I am fortunate or not, but I have a 1990 LS400 with the standard cloth interior, no sunroof and manual telescoping wheel.

It is the factory burgundy color with matching cloth interior , I dont know what the guys at toyota were thinking having burgundy interior on a burgundy car.

Now I am faced with a noisy power steering pump (only on cold starts then goes away when warm), an oil leak somewhere , a rear passenger side clunking noise, driver seat only reclines on one side, passenger seat doesnt recline at all, A/C temp display almost blacked out..hmm what else....

This car is almost on its last leg, and am ready to trade it in for something newer, Hopefully.
Old 12-02-03, 10:06 PM
Shaffer
Pole Position

I thought power tilt/telescope was standard. I will have to check and see if my car has power telescope. I know the tilt is power.

My car is also that dark burgundy color, with brown leather interior. The factory invoice calls it "dark walnut" I think. I will try to attach a photo here of it so you can see if it is the same color of your car.

Originally posted by Pagong
I dont know if I am fortunate or not, but I have a 1990 LS400 with the standard cloth interior, no sunroof and manual telescoping wheel.

It is the factory burgundy color with matching cloth interior , I dont know what the guys at toyota were thinking having burgundy interior on a burgundy car.

Now I am faced with a noisy power steering pump (only on cold starts then goes away when warm), an oil leak somewhere , a rear passenger side clunking noise, driver seat only reclines on one side, passenger seat doesnt recline at all, A/C temp display almost blacked out..hmm what else....

This car is almost on its last leg, and am ready to trade it in for something newer, Hopefully.
Old 12-02-03, 10:11 PM
Shaffer
Pole Position

The photo was too big for me to post directly, so here is a link to the photo I have posted here in the gallery. That is my 92 Buick that is between the Lexus and the workshop.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...cat=996&page=6

Here is the rear:

Here is a lousy view of the side: I plan on taking better photos later.

Last edited by Shaffer; 12-02-03 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-03-03, 12:21 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw a cloth LS400 at the wrecker in Rancho Cordova.
Old 12-03-03, 06:28 AM
Vik
Driver

Burgundy cloth interior was quite popular in Japan in late 80-th. I saw many Mark IIs and Crowns with interior like that. Looks nice IMHO.
Old 12-03-03, 08:15 AM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are officially 7 available options (for my 91):
-Leather trim package
-Power tilt and slide moonroof with sunshade
-Seat memory system with settings for two drivers
-Lexus/Nakamichi premium sound system
-Trunk mounted 6 disc CD changer
-Electronic Air suspension
-Traction control system (TRAC)

My car has the first 3.

I don't think heated front seats became available until later. I bought an original sales brochure for my 91 and heated seats are not listed under options.
Old 12-03-03, 09:24 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Shaffer- your car is darker than mine.

And here is one photoshopped by GSTrance.
Old 12-03-03, 12:06 PM
Shaffer
Pole Position

Your right... yours is lighter than mine. I think the factory invoice on my car calls it "dark walnut". I actually prefer a white, blue or gold color. My aunts 1990 LS400 is black, with tan leather. That color is very nice, but awful to keep it clean.
Old 12-03-03, 12:08 PM
Shaffer
Pole Position

I noticed you left off "remote entry" on the 1991 options. Was that standard for 1991? Just wondering because according to the factory invoice for my 90 LS400 shows that remote entry is optional for 1990. My car has that option. I think it was about a $150. option. I will check the price to be sure.

Originally posted by Earl!
There are officially 7 available options (for my 91):
-Leather trim package
-Power tilt and slide moonroof with sunshade
-Seat memory system with settings for two drivers
-Lexus/Nakamichi premium sound system
-Trunk mounted 6 disc CD changer
-Electronic Air suspension
-Traction control system (TRAC)

My car has the first 3.

I don't think heated front seats became available until later. I bought an original sales brochure for my 91 and heated seats are not listed under options.

Last edited by Shaffer; 12-03-03 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-03-03, 12:51 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Remote entry is listed as standard for my 91.

Does anyone know what year heated front seats became an option? Also, what about headlight washers? I know some have those, I they are non-US models though.
Old 12-03-03, 07:33 PM
Shaffer
Pole Position

Interesting. At least now we know that 1990 was the only year that the remote entry was optional, rather than standard. I am guessing that most people ordered it for 1990 and they figured since it was a popular option that they would make it standard for 1991.

Originally posted by Earl!
Remote entry is listed as standard for my 91.

Does anyone know what year heated front seats became an option? Also, what about headlight washers? I know some have those, I they are non-US models though.
Old 12-05-03, 08:35 AM
lexusguy
Driver School Candidate

Default All the options

I believe my '93 LS 400 Canadian car has every option you can get:

all the "normal" stuff plus heated memory seats, headlight washers, voice activated phone with steering wheel controls, 6 CD changer, Nakamichi sound.

Air suspension was not offered in Canadian cars in '93 but from what I have heard, I may be better off without it. My car is 100% stock and has just over 60,000 miles on it. Plans are, new wheels and maybe a body kit in future.
Old 12-07-03, 10:35 PM
Shaffer
Pole Position

Here is a E-Bay link to a 1991 LS400, that I think is the same color as my car. The only color difference, is the interior. Where this car has the lighter color, my car also has the dark color there. The instrument panel on my car is not 2-tone. (I do not think) Shows how much attention I pay.
However, that darker color on the console and instrument panel, is the same dark color as my interior.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=14240

Shaffer- your car is darker than mine.

And here is one photoshopped by GSTrance.
Old 12-08-03, 07:06 AM
lspower
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 1990 myself and i have telescoping wheel, leather, trac, heated seats, remote entry, power moonroof, those are the optional items on my car

Quick Reply: 1990-1994 owners - what options does your car have? Anyone with a LS400 with cloth?