LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

LS500 or GS-F

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-17, 03:24 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default LS500 or GS-F

Need some opinions here - my current lease on my GS-Fsport is up in 10 months and I keep going back and forth on which will make me happier, a GS-F (dream car, been waiting for this car to come out for almost 10 years, since the IS-F first came out) or LS500.

I owned/leased an 08 GS350, 13 GS350, and currently 15 GS350 Fsport, so I know I always enjoyed the GS, my favorite car since the GS400, but on the other hand, I always peeked in the LS forums for the past 15 years as well, its the Lexus flagship, a bigger, comfortable car with all the wood accents, ect... I'm 34 years old but never really paid attention to age, I could see myself driving a GS-F when I'm 70 if I want or could have driven an LS400 when I was 18, never mattered to me on what demographic should drive what car. I enjoy the sportier cars as well as the luxury cars, I think that is why the GS has always been perfect for me, but I don't want to disregard the LS, since deep down inside I know its the more prestigious car and is the same price as a GSF basically. Kind of like driving an E63 or S550.

If I go GS-F - i'll do 20's with a slight drop, if I go LS, I'll do 22's with a slight drop.

Let me know your guys thoughts, I can't wait to hear the discussion.
Old 03-16-17, 07:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Completely different cars. The question is, what appeals to you? I liked my GS a lot, but I would never buy a GS-F. Its just to boy racerish and sporty to me, I prefer a more understated car, and I like the big body sedan look and feel, so for me the decision would be easy.

Understand though the LS is a LOT more money. Even compared to a GS-F, they're practically giving GS-Fs away while the LS500 will not have nearly the same room on it when it comes out, and even when it does they don't support the LS the same way with leases they as they do the GS. The LS500 will be a $1,200+ lease payment when it comes out for sure. Even with all the deep discounts on the outgoing LS460 you struggle to get one under $1,000 a month without a bunch of money down.
Old 03-17-17, 08:32 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Completely different cars. The question is, what appeals to you? I liked my GS a lot, but I would never buy a GS-F. Its just to boy racerish and sporty to me, I prefer a more understated car, and I like the big body sedan look and feel, so for me the decision would be easy.

Understand though the LS is a LOT more money. Even compared to a GS-F, they're practically giving GS-Fs away while the LS500 will not have nearly the same room on it when it comes out, and even when it does they don't support the LS the same way with leases they as they do the GS. The LS500 will be a $1,200+ lease payment when it comes out for sure. Even with all the deep discounts on the outgoing LS460 you struggle to get one under $1,000 a month without a bunch of money down.

That's really good feedback Steve, I guess that's what I go back and forth on, the sporty boy racer look and feel vs the grown and sexy appeal of the big body sedan. What's your opinion on an E63 amg vs s550, do you consider the E63 boy racer or is it just the overall style of the GSF?

that's a good point on the LS460, I might be able to get a good deal in December right when my lease is ending, it will be out dated but still is the flag ship and beautiful, especially the 13+ refresh.
Old 03-17-17, 08:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I would undoubtedly buy the S550, but thats me!
Old 03-17-17, 10:31 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

I would undoubtedly buy the S550, but thats me!
hahaa, same here - ok, S550 or S63 if price was not an issue?
Old 03-17-17, 10:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikedozz
hahaa, same here - ok, S550 or S63 if price was not an issue?
I would have to drive them both to see if the S63 maintains the smooth demeanor of the S550. I might just just a very highly optioned S550.
Old 03-17-17, 10:54 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

I would have to drive them both to see if the S63 maintains the smooth demeanor of the S550. I might just just a very highly optioned S550.
gotcha - all good feedback, thanks man
Old 03-21-17, 06:50 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Had a gs400- man loved that car; that car is what drove me towards lexus; then when the ISF came out i was the first in line. Then i had 2 kids and well ISF did not have the space i needed and it stayed in the garage mostly. Bought fews Rxs an LX470 then the lx570..but like you i always liked the LS just like you came to the forums came bought a 430 then a 460. i am 36 yrs old and i wish the LS was more faster/sportier like the 7 series or A8 when the LS500 comes out i will go and compare it with the GSF. i know its apple and oranges but after 5-*6 years of owning the LSs i want my next car ..well fast.

One of my very good friend is on his 2nd GSF and i love that car; so its a really hard decision but i will tell you that you will miss the feeling of "fast"/excitement when you gun it from a red light.(if you had a GSF) The LS is a awesome car and maybe the LS500 would be even better but it almost makes me sleepy driving it; There is a 3 mile stretch senic/wooded road on the way back to home and i kid you not everyday i am sleepy ....the car makes me so isolated and relaxed.

But my kids and wife love it the LS. So its a hard call; in a perfect world i would want to have the LS and the GSF - or maybe the LSF?

Originally Posted by mikedozz
Need some opinions here - my current lease on my GS-Fsport is up in 10 months and I keep going back and forth on which will make me happier, a GS-F (dream car, been waiting for this car to come out for almost 10 years, since the IS-F first came out) or LS500.

I owned/leased an 08 GS350, 13 GS350, and currently 15 GS350 Fsport, so I know I always enjoyed the GS, my favorite car since the GS400, but on the other hand, I always peeked in the LS forums for the past 15 years as well, its the Lexus flagship, a bigger, comfortable car with all the wood accents, ect... I'm 34 years old but never really paid attention to age, I could see myself driving a GS-F when I'm 70 if I want or could have driven an LS400 when I was 18, never mattered to me on what demographic should drive what car. I enjoy the sportier cars as well as the luxury cars, I think that is why the GS has always been perfect for me, but I don't want to disregard the LS, since deep down inside I know its the more prestigious car and is the same price as a GSF basically. Kind of like driving an E63 or S550.

If I go GS-F - i'll do 20's with a slight drop, if I go LS, I'll do 22's with a slight drop.

Let me know your guys thoughts, I can't wait to hear the discussion.
Old 03-21-17, 06:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Just to be clear, he is talking about the GS-F not a GS F Sport. You certainly will not miss the fast excitement gunning it from a red light in the GS-F, it has a 465 HP V8.
Old 03-22-17, 08:50 AM
Shelly40
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the above.... Completely different cars...

Only you can decide what is best for you.....

I just recently purchased a GS F....a car that I am planning to keep for the long haul....
My wife was pushing me to get the LS460....Which no doubt is a terrific car....

However, for me, I didn't want, or need a car as big as the LS....
The fun to drive factor, in my opinion, is much higher with the GS F...
Don't know if that would be true with the new engine in the new LS series.....
I do think, that because of the size, and handling, the GS F would probably still be higher on the fun to drive chart....

I drove a GS F Sport a few years ago, when looking for a new car....
I really liked the car, but said that it needed more power....
I ended up getting a Cadillac CTS V sport.....
When that lease ended, I went back to the GS F, as they had added the extra power that I wanted.....

I also like having a car that you don't see a lot of on the road.....
GS F is a pretty rare car.....

Anyway... If you have any question on the GS F, feel free to ask....

Either way you go, you are getting a great car...

Shelly
Old 03-22-17, 09:16 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by UZ214
Had a gs400- man loved that car; that car is what drove me towards lexus; then when the ISF came out i was the first in line. Then i had 2 kids and well ISF did not have the space i needed and it stayed in the garage mostly. Bought fews Rxs an LX470 then the lx570..but like you i always liked the LS just like you came to the forums came bought a 430 then a 460. i am 36 yrs old and i wish the LS was more faster/sportier like the 7 series or A8 when the LS500 comes out i will go and compare it with the GSF. i know its apple and oranges but after 5-*6 years of owning the LSs i want my next car ..well fast.

One of my very good friend is on his 2nd GSF and i love that car; so its a really hard decision but i will tell you that you will miss the feeling of "fast"/excitement when you gun it from a red light.(if you had a GSF) The LS is a awesome car and maybe the LS500 would be even better but it almost makes me sleepy driving it; There is a 3 mile stretch senic/wooded road on the way back to home and i kid you not everyday i am sleepy ....the car makes me so isolated and relaxed.

But my kids and wife love it the LS. So its a hard call; in a perfect world i would want to have the LS and the GSF - or maybe the LSF?
thanks, really good write up and appreciate the feedback
Old 03-22-17, 09:18 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shelly40
I agree with the above.... Completely different cars...

Only you can decide what is best for you.....

I just recently purchased a GS F....a car that I am planning to keep for the long haul....
My wife was pushing me to get the LS460....Which no doubt is a terrific car....

However, for me, I didn't want, or need a car as big as the LS....
The fun to drive factor, in my opinion, is much higher with the GS F...
Don't know if that would be true with the new engine in the new LS series.....
I do think, that because of the size, and handling, the GS F would probably still be higher on the fun to drive chart....

I drove a GS F Sport a few years ago, when looking for a new car....
I really liked the car, but said that it needed more power....
I ended up getting a Cadillac CTS V sport.....
When that lease ended, I went back to the GS F, as they had added the extra power that I wanted.....

I also like having a car that you don't see a lot of on the road.....
GS F is a pretty rare car.....

Anyway... If you have any question on the GS F, feel free to ask....

Either way you go, you are getting a great car...

Shelly
thanks, appreciate it, GSF is amazing, I had a test drive a couple months ago as well as the LS460.
Old 03-23-17, 04:22 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

GSF has gotten great reviews, an epic performance sedan.

But compared to the new LS? hands down LS! New technology, more Lexus driving refinement, new designs, amazing interior.
Old 03-23-17, 05:50 PM
Shelly40
Driver School Candidate

on the new LS vs GS F...

with what a new LS will cost, and most likely no, or minimal discouts when it hits the showrooms, You gotta consider a new 2016 GSF....
I got one a few weeks ago for 17k under sticker.... and they paid $ 3000 of my remaining lease.....

bottom line is the 2018 LS is most likely gonna cost at least 20-25k more than a 2016 GSF....

only you can decide if it's worth it...

not knocking the LS.... it will be a tremendous car....

Shelly..
Old 03-23-17, 05:58 PM
Shelly40
Driver School Candidate

Sorry... double post

Quick Reply: LS500 or GS-F