LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2011 460L AWD for $19K if anyone is interested

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-17, 09:25 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 2011 460L AWD for $19K if anyone is interested

Found this single-owner silver 2011 460L AWD for $19K, if anyone is interested:

https://cargur.us/c1FvS

Autocheck and Carfax are both clean and the service history (all at Lexus) is impeccable! The owner lowered the price $7K after three months. There is a dimple on the driver's side rear door, but beyond that I cannot figure out why this car is priced so low and hasn't sold -- especially since it is in New Hampshire where AWD would come in handy. The mileage is high at 133k but not extreme enough to warrant such a low price, IMO. It is almost too good to be true.

I would seriously hop on a plane from California to buy it but I am holding out for a white exterior. Plus, this 2011 doesn't have the reclining rear seats that I want. So tempting though since it's an '11!
Old 01-06-17, 06:14 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Well, they say $2000 below market (which still seems a little low). But beware the golden rule: If it sounds too good to be true.......
Old 01-06-17, 06:22 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd jump over this in a heartbeat if my wife weren't....my wife.

Good find
Old 01-06-17, 06:33 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Fatherto1, if you are REALLY keen on getting a fully-loaded UltraLux, you should consider increasing your budget. Check out this listing in GA. It's absolutely top-of-line, over $100K new, and identical to my car, except it's a 2013. I haven't run the numbers, so I can't say it's a great deal, but if you are able to negotiate to 30K or less, I think it would be one. Note that this car is AWD, has air suspension, and the works (DRCC, LKA, all LEDs, driver attention monitor etc.). I know you don't like black on black, but cars with these features are extremely rare, and they are most often seen in this color combo. I have seen 2-3 silver/black, and maybe 1-2 red/saddle in the last year out of 100s of 460Ls, so you could be waiting a while and never find a white/tan with these features... Check it out, anyways!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5942/overview/

Last edited by comotiger; 01-06-17 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-06-17, 07:27 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by comotiger
Fatherto1, if you are REALLY keen on getting a fully-loaded UltraLux, you should consider increasing your budget. Check out this listing in GA. It's absolutely top-of-line, over $100K new, and identical to my car, except it's a 2013. I haven't run the numbers, so I can't say it's a great deal, but if you are able to negotiate to 30K or less, I think it would be one. Note that this car is AWD, has air suspension, and the works (DRCC, LKA, all LEDs, driver attention monitor etc.). I know you don't like black on black, but cars with these features are extremely rare, and they are most often seen in this color combo. I have seen 2-3 silver/black, and maybe 1-2 red/saddle in the last year out of 100s of 460Ls, so you could be waiting a while and never find a white/tan with these features... Check it out, anyways!

Thank you for the finds, comotiger, but the links do not appear to be working.

So far, I only want the reclining rear seats, no air suspension, ML, and if possible, the semi-semi-aniline door handle upgrade. Everything else, such as DRCC, side curtain sunshades, AWD would just be icing on the cake. I use cruise control maybe .0001% of the time and won't need the sunshades since I plan to tint the windows. AWD is nice and intriguing, but I won't need it as much as others. I also don't want the rear AC unit because we need the trunk space more than the cooler box.

I realize my color combo severely limits my options. I am willing to consider a black interior but absolutely not black exterior. I think we should be able to find what we want for <= $20k.

I have been in contact with Laird Noller Ford dealership, in Topeka, KS, regarding their silver/black 2009 460L AWD. They just dropped the price a few thousand to $21.7. It has all the options we want, but is black interior and has air suspension (which service history shows already needed both rear struts replaced). Overall it is in fine condition and I am giving it serious consideration but am willing to wait for the price to drop further, especially with the LS500 around the corner.

Tom Wood Lexus, I think in Indiana or Illinois, just listed a white 460L that is optioned the way we like but the initial asking price is very high at $23-something. I will wait until that comes down.

I am still curious about the cars you linked to. As for our budget, although we can pay for a $30k car with cash we have set a limit for ourselves and know cars will meet our range with time. While waiting our LS 430 will comfort and console me.
Old 01-06-17, 07:40 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Sorry about the links, they connect to some weird site, don't know why

OK, try this. Type www.carsdotcom then paste the following text and see if that works. /vehicledetail/detail/688305942/overview/

The reclining rear seats were part of the comfort package in pre-2010s. I could be wrong, but from 2010+, they became part of either the UltraLux or Executive package. And these packages are invariably bundled with air suspension and ML and rear window shades. So, for the features you desire and others you don't, you are pretty much limited to pre-2010s. I use DRCC, LKA etc. more than 50% of the time because this car is my highway queen for long trips, so I can see why they don't mean much to you. Remember that 2013+ offer blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and grids on back up camera. I know we have all managed fine without these nanny features all these years, but with a big car like the 460L, they definitely help.

Definitely, if you wait long enough, prices will keep falling into your desired range. Of course, sometimes, we all get tired of waiting . Good luck!

Last edited by comotiger; 01-06-17 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-06-17, 07:54 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Sorry about the links, they connect to some weird site, don't know why

OK, try this. Type www.carsdotcom then paste the following text and see if that works. /vehicledetail/detail/688305942/overview/

The reclining rear seats were part of the comfort package in pre-2010s. I could be wrong, but from 2010+, they became part of either the UltraLux or Executive package. And these packages are invariably bundled with air suspension and ML and rear window shades. So, for the features you desire and others you don't, you are pretty much limited to pre-2010s. I use DRCC, LKA etc. more than 50% of the time because this car is my highway queen for long trips, so I can see why they don't mean much to you. Remember that 2013+ offer blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and grids on back up camera. I know we have all managed fine without these nanny features all these years, but with a big car like the 460L, they definitely help.

Definitely, if you wait long enough, prices will keep falling into your desired range. Of course, sometimes, we all get tired of waiting . Good luck!
Thanks again, comotiger. Greatly appreciate your efforts to help us find the right LS. And, yes, after only a month of searching and disappointment I was beginning to compromise and rethink my wants. Buuuut, I am trying to learn some perseverance and develop some will power this time.

Last edited by FatherTo1; 01-06-17 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-06-17, 08:06 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Did the new link work? I bought my 2012 SWB in June 2015, and started lusting for a LWB by September. I started searching in earnest from November, got tired of waiting (because of the rarity of the fully-loaded car) and pulled the trigger in Feb 2016. Yeah, persistence is very good, especially if you have a perfectly nice LS 430 already! I am sure you will find the car of your dreams!
Old 01-06-17, 08:36 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Did the new link work? I bought my 2012 SWB in June 2015, and started lusting for a LWB by September. I started searching in earnest from November, got tired of waiting (because of the rarity of the fully-loaded car) and pulled the trigger in Feb 2016. Yeah, persistence is very good, especially if you have a perfectly nice LS 430 already! I am sure you will find the car of your dreams!
Thank you, comotiger, and yes the link worked. Whoever took the photos certainly knows how to capture angles for full effect. A very nice LS! Surprised at the mileage for a 2013 though and the driver's seat shows more wear then I would have expected...but probably commiserate with the mileage and seat time.
Old 01-06-17, 12:55 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

It is the New Hampshire part that partially (mostly) explains the price. With all the snow and attendant snow and worse salt/sand/brine or whatever, rust is just a fact of life up there. The same car at auction will fetch far less from the Northeast Region than say California or even the Southeast.
An awesome deal regardless.
Old 01-06-17, 01:08 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by Junglequac
It is the New Hampshire part that partially (mostly) explains the price. With all the snow and attendant snow and worse salt/sand/brine or whatever, rust is just a fact of life up there. The same car at auction will fetch far less from the Northeast Region than say California or even the Southeast.
An awesome deal regardless.
Thanks, Jungle. That was one of my first questions to the swller, if there was rust issues. I didn't see for myself but the seller claimed zero rust and the service history at Lexus dealerships shows a lot of regular visual inspections of the suspension, underbody guards, etc., and nothing was ever noted about rust. Of course, it could all have been missed. On paper and in photos I am shocked at what an opportunity it is.
Old 01-06-17, 01:10 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Good deal. Unfortunately, it is also something that could manifest down the line possibly. That said, with it being such a new car, maybe not. Then again, it has an awful lot of miles for a 2011...
Old 01-06-17, 01:25 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

For some reason the LS460's just don't sell up here, they sit and sit and sit, until finally the price is lowered to the point where you're almost giving them away. I have no idea why - I mean maybe I can understand why rear wheel drive ones aren't selling - but the AWD models? Those should sell. It's very very rare when I see one of them on the road up here...I usually see ES350's and RX350's. The Mercedes and BMW's are in abundance, but the LS460 is a rare sight.

But junglequac is right, the snow, salt, brine, and sand, all take a major toll on a car, but that shouldn't keep LS460's from selling. That's just part of life up here, we are used to it and if you're buying a car up here you know what to look out for. This week was a good week for my car, it had three days without salt...it rained on Tuesday...roads became free of salt, the next day it was warm (no salt needed), the following day it was cold but there was no need to salt...then today it snowed and BOOM!! Salt trucks were out all over the place and now my car is covered again. The worst part is the undercarriage, it just gets saturated in it. I'll wash it maybe next week, we're getting 6-8 inches of snow this weekend so to wash it now would just be a waste of time. This happens every week from the end of November till the first week in April. It's so bad that you have to be careful not to get it on yourself when you accidentally rub up against the car.
Old 01-06-17, 05:17 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I was on the GS forum and the members there were lamenting that they could buy a LS for the price of a GS (those upgrading from older GS models).
For me, it doesn't make sense why the LS would sit for so long, they are a low production vehicle to begin with. That said, I'm not complaining (until I trade my car in or sell it) - the LS is a spectacular buy, even Doug Demuro said so in one of his posts on Autotrader Oversteer.