LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2012 Ls460 radio problems. Any help appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-16, 12:11 AM
vipmikey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2012 Ls460 radio problems. Any help appreciated!

Hey guys I just bought a 2012 ls460 not too long ago. Today I was driving perfectly fine and parked to do some last minute Christmas shopping. When I got back into my car, my radio was acting up. No sound was coming from my radio when I was on SAT radio mode or Bluetooth, but regular AM FM radio works fine. I restarted my car a few times and no luck. Got home disconnected my battery and everything, and still didn't work. Then out of no where the radio completely didn't want to turn on when I restarted the car. It kept saying Radio Off and wouldn't turn on. Few tries later it worked again but still no XM radio or BLUETOOTH. Anyone ever had this problem? It is also raining very hard in California right now, but I don't know why it wouldn't work still. Any insight would be great!
Old 12-26-16, 01:10 PM
russe043
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having the same issue. No radio, no bluetooth, no CD, no xm....Audio Off Shows on the screen
Old 12-29-16, 09:31 AM
vipmikey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by russe043
Im having the same issue. No radio, no bluetooth, no CD, no xm....Audio Off Shows on the screen
I hope we figure something out soon! It sucks to not have Bluetooth or satellite radio 🙄
Old 12-29-16, 09:42 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by vipmikey
I hope we figure something out soon! It sucks to not have Bluetooth or satellite radio 🙄
Have you considered going to a Dealership? It might be an easy fix. Inspite of the invective on CL against dealerships, IMO it doesn't hurt to cultivate a relationship with a local dealer. Many of us have had good experiences with dealerships, and the good ones will definitely be helpful.
Old 12-29-16, 09:47 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by vipmikey
Hey guys I just bought a 2012 ls460 not too long ago. Today I was driving perfectly fine and parked to do some last minute Christmas shopping. When I got back into my car, my radio was acting up. No sound was coming from my radio when I was on SAT radio mode or Bluetooth, but regular AM FM radio works fine. I restarted my car a few times and no luck. Got home disconnected my battery and everything, and still didn't work. Then out of no where the radio completely didn't want to turn on when I restarted the car. It kept saying Radio Off and wouldn't turn on. Few tries later it worked again but still no XM radio or BLUETOOTH. Anyone ever had this problem? It is also raining very hard in California right now, but I don't know why it wouldn't work still. Any insight would be great!
If it's just the Bluetooth and XM that are not working you should consider that there may be an interfering signal as those two technologies operate on nearly the same frequency - near 2.4 GHz. Sometimes devices such as radar receivers and charging devices and personal technology deices have emissions that interfere with Bluetooth and Sirius/XM signals.

Last edited by jmcraney; 12-29-16 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-29-16, 10:50 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Don't overlook the possibility of the battery. I had a similar problem about 2 years ago and kind of as a "make the customer happy" before really tearing into the car the tech replaced the battery and the problem was solved. Everything else was working, just the radio was acting strange.

Dave Mac
Old 12-29-16, 02:43 PM
vipmikey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
Don't overlook the possibility of the battery. I had a similar problem about 2 years ago and kind of as a "make the customer happy" before really tearing into the car the tech replaced the battery and the problem was solved. Everything else was working, just the radio was acting strange.

Dave Mac
Hmm, don't think it's the battery, just replaced it a few weeks ago with a brand new one. But thank you for your input maybe I'll check it out again.
Old 12-29-16, 02:45 PM
vipmikey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by comotiger
Have you considered going to a Dealership? It might be an easy fix. Inspite of the invective on CL against dealerships, IMO it doesn't hurt to cultivate a relationship with a local dealer. Many of us have had good experiences with dealerships, and the good ones will definitely be helpful.
I have considered it, but I'm hoping maybe someone might have a solution to my problem before I go there. I do have a pretty good relationship with my parts and service department, just not ready to hear some crazy numbers over maybe diagnosing or something on something that might be a little fix 😂.
Old 12-29-16, 02:46 PM
vipmikey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmcraney
If it's just the Bluetooth and XM that are not working you should consider that there may be an interfering signal as those two technologies operate on nearly the same frequency - near 2.4 GHz. Sometimes devices such as radar receivers and charging devices and personal technology deices have emissions that interfere with Bluetooth and Sirius/XM signals.
I have actually tried that the other day. Unplugged all my chargers and took out whatever electronic devices I had in the car that might of causes this problem 😂 still in a pickle with my radio ATM
Old 01-23-17, 12:06 PM
vipmikey
Driver School Candidate

There was a huge storm today in SoCal. Car was parked outside and now I started it and radio does not work at all. The radio before worked now it won't turn on at all. I think the rain has something to do with my radio acting up as before my SAT radio and BT did not work during the rain. Any help appreciated...
Old 01-24-17, 05:10 AM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

No water intrusion in the trunk where the amp is?