LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

JDM Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-16, 02:31 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Parts

I'm taking a trip to Tokyo next month and was wondering where I could browse and/or pickup some sweet parts? Anyone been before and knows of a performance shop or the like?
Old 11-16-16, 03:36 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksedan
I'm taking a trip to Tokyo next month and was wondering where I could browse and/or pickup some sweet parts? Anyone been before and knows of a performance shop or the like?
Sounds like fun. Travel light and return with a bunch of parts. Are you taking requests??

Hope you don't have much trouble buying Lexus OEM parts that are sold for the domestic market. When I was considering options for purchasing OEM mudguards for my LS a couple of months ago, I contacted a friend in Japan to see if he could buy them for me at a Lexus dealership and ship to me. This would have saved me 20% of the price listed by Japan Parts Master. However, three Lexus dealers refused to sell my friend the mudguards because he did not have an LS460 that was registered in Japan.
Old 11-17-16, 06:35 AM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Sounds like fun. Travel light and return with a bunch of parts. Are you taking requests??

Hope you don't have much trouble buying Lexus OEM parts that are sold for the domestic market. When I was considering options for purchasing OEM mudguards for my LS a couple of months ago, I contacted a friend in Japan to see if he could buy them for me at a Lexus dealership and ship to me. This would have saved me 20% of the price listed by Japan Parts Master. However, three Lexus dealers refused to sell my friend the mudguards because he did not have an LS460 that was registered in Japan.
Ouch, I didn't think they would do something like that. Are there even anything for the LS platform that we don't have?
Old 11-17-16, 08:24 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksedan
Ouch, I didn't think they would do something like that. Are there even anything for the LS platform that we don't have?
There are a lot of Lexus OEM products listed on the JPM website for the LS. I am guessing that many of these are sold only in the Japanese domestic market, for example the mudguards I bought recently, and perhaps others like the illuminated door sill plates. It is strange that Lexus restricts their sales to only the Japanese market.