LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Roof Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 05:49 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
It's beautiful. Since the roof spoiler is part of the body kit, I doubt if they will sell only that part. Can you post pics from other angles?
They are available separately.

http://www.aimgain.net/english/bodyk...s600hl_mc.html

I can help you get it.

Old 08-24-16, 08:15 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
They are available separately.

http://www.aimgain.net/english/bodyk...s600hl_mc.html

I can help you get it.
That's good to know. Can you estimate a price for the spoiler, painted and unpainted? Thanks!
Old 08-25-16, 12:37 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

That's good to know. Can you estimate a price for the spoiler, painted and unpainted? Thanks!
I can tell you it's between $400 & $500 unpainted for either the roof or trunk spoiler, they aren't offered painted.
Old 08-25-16, 08:47 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Email me.....mryuen@usa.net

Never buy prepainted parts...plus Japan won't do it anyway.
Old 08-25-16, 09:25 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Never buy prepainted parts
Uhhhh WHY?

I've purchased mine pre-painted and it matched beautifully and furthermore, was a quality job. About 8 years ago I bought a pre-painted one for my Acura and is still looking the same as the day I got it. Also it matched perfectly. In both cases, I just gave them the paint code and a few days later the items were at my door.
Old 08-25-16, 02:11 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Uhhhh WHY?

I've purchased mine pre-painted and it matched beautifully and furthermore, was a quality job. About 8 years ago I bought a pre-painted one for my Acura and is still looking the same as the day I got it. Also it matched perfectly. In both cases, I just gave them the paint code and a few days later the items were at my door.
Yeah I've seen a bunch of DAR roof spoilers that were repainted with no issues. I believe that's what CJITTY is running right now too.
Old 08-25-16, 02:29 PM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

damn, I hope I didn't overpay for my aimgain trunk spoiler. I think I paid 8-900 for it.
Old 08-25-16, 02:42 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by qtrung909
damn, I hope I didn't overpay for my aimgain trunk spoiler. I think I paid 8-900 for it.
Unpainted, for $800? That's pretty steep. What model year? The DAR spoilers are ~$225 painted. Without comparing the AIM and DAR spoilers side by side, it would be hard to say whether the added cost of the AIM product justifies the higher cost.
Old 08-25-16, 03:19 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Unpainted, for $800? That's pretty steep. What model year? The DAR spoilers are ~$225 painted. Without comparing the AIM and DAR spoilers side by side, it would be hard to say whether the added cost of the AIM product justifies the higher cost.
$800 is much too high but there's a definite difference between the Aimgain and a DAR so let's just say you get what you pay for. I bought an Aimgain and it's more than justified IMHO.
Old 08-25-16, 03:27 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
$800 is much too high but there's a definite difference between the Aimgain and a DAR so let's just say you get what you pay for. I bought an Aimgain and it's more than justified IMHO.
Dr. J, do you have an Aimgain spoiler? How is it better? Better materials? Better finish? Does it attach with 3M tape also? From my own experience with Japanese machinery, their attention to detail is exceptional and things are built to last.
Old 08-25-16, 03:45 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Dr. J, do you have an Aimgain spoiler? How is it better? Better materials? Better finish? Does it attach with 3M tape also? From my own experience with Japanese machinery, their attention to detail is exceptional and things are built to last.
Sure do. It's better in it's design and style. All spoilers will need to be bodywork and painted. It's basically the look that sets it apart from the others.
Old 08-25-16, 08:17 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Sure do. It's better in it's design and style. All spoilers will need to be bodywork and painted. It's basically the look that sets it apart from the others.
I definitely won't get a trunk spoiler because IMO it would look silly on a stock LS (not lowered or special rims). But I would consider a roof spoiler because it is very understated but interesting! I would love to see a few shots from different angles of the Aimgain roof spoilers to compare to the DAR spoilers, but the website doesn't have them.
Old 08-25-16, 08:26 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

I definitely won't get a trunk spoiler because IMO it would look silly on a stock LS (not lowered or special rims). But I would consider a roof spoiler because it is very understated but interesting! I would love to see a few shots from different angles of the Aimgain roof spoilers to compare to the DAR spoilers, but the website doesn't have them.
Hahahahaha! Newsflash, they look identical.
Old 08-25-16, 08:38 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Hahahahaha! Newsflash, they look identical.
So, would you buy a DAR roof spoiler? Painted or unpainted? If the company is painting a bunch of them regularly, they would probably do just as good a job as your indy body shop. And it's probably cheaper to buy the painted one.
Old 08-25-16, 08:44 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

So, would you buy a DAR roof spoiler? Painted or unpainted? If the company is painting a bunch of them regularly, they would probably do just as good a job as your indy body shop. And it's probably cheaper to buy the painted one.
Only you can answer that question. Do you buy generic drugs? Do you have to have name brands? Can you afford to buy the original? Then you make a decision.

Quick Reply: Roof Spoiler