LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Looking to buy 2013+ LS460

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-16, 07:58 AM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
$35k gets you a nice low mileage CPO 2011 LS, maybe a mid mileage 2012. This person is looking for '13 or '14. Remember the original sticker on these cars is somewhere at or above $70k. And '13's and beyond are holding (unrealistic) price premiums until the new body comes out. Current price difference between a '12 and '13 is somewhere in the range of $10k. Not saying that price gap is justified, but it is what it is and a current body style LS is going to be over $40k for at least 12 more months.
You are spot on...back in April I paid mid 30s for a clean 64K mile '12 with the Sport option -- $80K sticker. The '13s were about $10K more.
Old 08-31-16, 06:17 PM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I purchased a 2013 LS460 F Sport (Nebula with Black Interior) with an $86,951 original sticker for $50k plus TTL. It had 17,908 miles and included the 6yr CPO warranty. The original build date was 09/07/2013 so I have the unlimited mileage warranty until 09/07/2019. I did alot of shopping for a low mileage CPO'd F Sport and got lucky when one came in on lease return this last Saturday. The dealership didn't even own the car yet, but they were able to buy it from Lexus Financial and get me the price I needed.

These cars are holding their values right now, and unfortunately I was too impatient to wait until the end of the year when I expect a price drop.
Old 08-31-16, 06:27 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

One piece of advice is to check south florida, especially my area from Miami up to west palm beach. These snowbirds trade in their low mileage LS's every couple years and they are cream puffs. You might pay a premium if you get it from a lexus dealer but they will be beautiful cars, and many of them are lwb cars that you are looking for.
Old 08-31-16, 06:55 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
One piece of advice is to check south florida, especially my area from Miami up to west palm beach. These snowbirds trade in their low mileage LS's every couple years and they are cream puffs. You might pay a premium if you get it from a lexus dealer but they will be beautiful cars, and many of them are lwb cars that you are looking for.
Agree - here in the Dallas area one came up 13 with 17k miles. Wanted a pretty penny though.
Old 08-31-16, 07:50 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl
Agree - here in the Dallas area one came up 13 with 17k miles. Wanted a pretty penny though.
yea they are selling even older ones with that mileage around here. There are some pretty nice cars out there that pop up sometimes.
Old 08-31-16, 09:40 PM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Badconexun
Today I purchased a 2013 LS460 F Sport (Nebula with Black Interior) with an $86,951 original sticker for $50k plus TTL...
Congrats...

Now post a few pics--please.
Old 09-01-16, 01:33 AM
salesguy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, please let's see a picture!

Some dealers are funny. I looked at a 2012 LS460L online, it's close and the right color. Not under warranty but it was a good bit cheaper. There were 2 accidents though, seemed minor and all the paint seems stock except bumpers. I figured, what the heck, maybe I can get this car really cheap. Nope, dealer won't budge from $36k. 2 accidents! Good luck with that, even my wife was like, "why are you bothering with that car"

Of course my business partner is wondering why I'm not just leasing a new one instead of wasting time looking for a good used one. He has a point.

The search continues!
Old 09-01-16, 07:04 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 336 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Badconexun
Today I purchased a 2013 LS460 F Sport (Nebula with Black Interior) with an $86,951 original sticker for $50k plus TTL. It had 17,908 miles and included the 6yr CPO warranty. The original build date was 09/07/2013 so I have the unlimited mileage warranty until 09/07/2019. I did alot of shopping for a low mileage CPO'd F Sport and got lucky when one came in on lease return this last Saturday. The dealership didn't even own the car yet, but they were able to buy it from Lexus Financial and get me the price I needed.

These cars are holding their values right now, and unfortunately I was too impatient to wait until the end of the year when I expect a price drop.
That's awesome, congrats. Sounds like a late '13 based on the September build date- you effectively have yourself a '14. Enjoy.
Old 09-01-16, 07:05 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 336 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
Totally agree- check both coasts of southern FL (Naples/Sarasota is a good area to look as well as W Palm down to Miami).
Old 09-02-16, 06:22 AM
salesguy
Rookie

Now I'm impatient, I'd buy the right car today if it didn't involve a 250+ mile drive.

What is the best way to find a good mechanic/body shop that can do a buyer inspection? Which is more common - bring to their shop (and their lift, etc) or have them come to the car? If I were to buy out of town, I'd probably get that done prior to arriving, so i could pay and drive off (assuming pre-negotiated price was set)

Why do all the "right" cars have to be so far away?? Damn you Lexus.

Old 09-02-16, 06:29 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Stay the course and take your time. Get what you want. With regards to the L, if you have the space in your garage and can pony up the price, then go for it. As for room in the back, my SWB 08 has an amazing amount of room. The first time I rode in the back of my car, I was amazed at how far away the dash was way up front. I've not had one rear seat passenger say they didn't have enough leg room.
Old 09-02-16, 06:55 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by salesguy
Now I'm impatient, I'd buy the right car today if it didn't involve a 250+ mile drive.
What is the best way to find a good mechanic/body shop that can do a buyer inspection? Which is more common - bring to their shop (and their lift, etc) or have them come to the car? If I were to buy out of town, I'd probably get that done prior to arriving, so i could pay and drive off (assuming pre-negotiated price was set)
Why do all the "right" cars have to be so far away?? Damn you Lexus.
There have been many discussion threads on pre-purchase inspections. Here's a link to one where I posted links to several national companies. The process is not as frustrating as you think. I bought my car in Feb 2016 in NJ, over 1200 miles away, and you are debating a 250 mile drive, LOL! Search the forum, and you can read about many members' buying experiences from dealers far from their homes.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...nspection.html

I bought a car that is quite rare to find (at the most 1-2 new listings show up every month). Even then, I may have been a bit impatient because I waited only about 2 months before buying. Three months later, a much better deal showed up that could have easily saved me ~4K. Of course, I had no way of knowing a better deal would materialize, but in hindsight, I realize I could have waited. So, I would suggest you take your time. You are planning to spend >50K (same as me), so there will always be good deals to be had.

Old 09-02-16, 03:49 PM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seanl
Congrats...

Now post a few pics--please.
I should have the car tomorrow and I'll post some pics. I purchased a lease return that wasn't owned by the dealership yet, so I had to wait for Lexus Financial to sell it to the dealer, then go through the CPO process. It was definitely a backwards deal, but I paid the price I wanted and I think the dealer was able to make a few bucks by beating up Lexus Financial since they had already locked me into a sales price.
Old 09-02-16, 04:13 PM
salesguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by R Z
Stay the course and take your time. Get what you want. With regards to the L, if you have the space in your garage and can pony up the price, then go for it. As for room in the back, my SWB 08 has an amazing amount of room. The first time I rode in the back of my car, I was amazed at how far away the dash was way up front. I've not had one rear seat passenger say they didn't have enough leg room.
What I've heard on this forum about the "L", including this threat is that folks regret not getting it. I test drove one, it didn't feel overly big or long. The back seat space was amazing, and with a young daughter having extra legroom (for no kicking) would be great. I'd hate to settle for a non-L and wish I had waited to get the L instead. If I didn't have her I wouldn't care about it at all, for as often as I have back seat passengers.
Old 09-03-16, 05:58 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by salesguy
What I've heard on this forum about the "L", including this threat is that folks regret not getting it. I test drove one, it didn't feel overly big or long. The back seat space was amazing, and with a young daughter having extra legroom (for no kicking) would be great. I'd hate to settle for a non-L and wish I had waited to get the L instead. If I didn't have her I wouldn't care about it at all, for as often as I have back seat passengers.
I don't know, my SWB still has a ton of leg room in the back seat. LWB or SWB are both very comfortable, for all passengers.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 2013+ LS460