LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Super expensive brake job!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-16, 01:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,558 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Because that's not what I told you. I gave you examples of different reasons why people choose to use the dealer, and I also routinely said I don't use any of that and the reason I like the dealer is the premium treatment, and the quick efficient in and out with a loaner. You ignore all of that though and fixate on that one thing.

I mentioned putting green and golf simulator, my dealer doesn't even have those but other dealers do.

Last edited by SW17LS; 07-31-16 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-31-16, 01:18 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Lol, yes I think when there are 7,500 Lexus dealers in the U.S. And you mention your dealer in Hawaii like it is the norm, and discount the other 99% of dealers in America...accuse me of blanket statements, you are clueless. And how many techs get flown to Japan in your unique situation? Or do they fly a rep? Or do they use online training?

See, what I'm talking about is high dealer prices. What you're talking about is an island. Lol. When 7,500 Lexus dealers start flying 150,000 techs to Japan for exclusive training let me know.
Nearly all the techs are flown to Japan, no reps, I know right, you mind must be blown, no HS seniors bucking for credits here. Sorry to disappoint you. And I never said it was the case for the entire US, you were stating your ignorant FACTS, maybe tone down the "mister know it all" and we might believe some of what you're saying but when you come on a forum and tell everyone you know for certain their oil is being changed by a high school student well, you're gonna look pretty ridiculous.
Old 07-31-16, 03:22 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Our dealership has a golf sim and massage chairs. Its nice free drinks and snacks.

When i went to the toyota dealership nice too except your drinks other than water and coffee you pay for. And you can get hassled from the sales guys too. Not at Lexus.

Old 07-31-16, 03:55 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Nearly all the techs are flown to Japan, no reps, I know right, you mind must be blown, no HS seniors bucking for credits here. Sorry to disappoint you. And I never said it was the case for the entire US, you were stating your ignorant FACTS, maybe tone down the "mister know it all" and we might believe some of what you're saying but when you come on a forum and tell everyone you know for certain their oil is being changed by a high school student well, you're gonna look pretty ridiculous.
Haha, I'm sorry, but you really do crack me up. Do you think that even your prestigious Lexus dealer...that special one on the island...doesn't employ kids to change oil? Now maybe they don't have co-op students (and I'm still not sure you know what that is), but they most definitely do have young techs changing oil and doing basic repairs. That is a FACT. I don't know why this basic fact bothers you. I don't know why you don't like people who have worked in the industry, still work in the industry, telling you what they know is fact. Fact is a bad word?

I guess I just look ridiculous when talking about cars, dealerships and this business. I bet you can contribute so much more Let me know when you start doing that, I'm sure you have so much to share.
Old 07-31-16, 04:36 PM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Some people can take the fact that different people will have different opinions and others cannot. I'm not sure what it is in someone to give them the need to feel that they have the "best" opinion on anything, but it does become psychologically important to people. I like to think of the forum as more of a place to get information about the car, opinions from owners, share stories, and even have friendly debates than a place where we feel the need to be mean spirited towards one another. It seems that if we have different opinions that we should just agree that we don't agree, respect the other person, and be nice, damn it. Clearly this is not a topic you are going to agree on.

I come from a forum where the majority of the people look at me like I ruined a piece of art by junking the rotary engine in my FD and swapping in an LS motor, but we are still respectful and nice to each other.
Old 07-31-16, 04:46 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Littleguy
Some people can take the fact that different people will have different opinions and others cannot. I'm not sure what it is in someone to give them the need to feel that they have the "best" opinion on anything, but it does become psychologically important to people. I like to think of the forum as more of a place to get information about the car, opinions from owners, share stories, and even have friendly debates than a place where we feel the need to be mean spirited towards one another. It seems that if we have different opinions that we should just agree that we don't agree, respect the other person, and be nice, damn it. Clearly this is not a topic you are going to agree on.

I come from a forum where the majority of the people look at me like I ruined a piece of art by junking the rotary engine in my FD and swapping in an LS motor, but we are still respectful and nice to each other.
Well said. I've always viewed forums as an opportunity for like minded individuals who have a similar passion to share their experiences with each other.
Old 07-31-16, 04:53 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Haha, I'm sorry, but you really do crack me up. Do you think that even your prestigious Lexus dealer...that special one on the island...doesn't employ kids to change oil? Now maybe they don't have co-op students (and I'm still not sure you know what that is), but they most definitely do have young techs changing oil and doing basic repairs. That is a FACT. I don't know why this basic fact bothers you. I don't know why you don't like people who have worked in the industry, still work in the industry, telling you what they know is fact. Fact is a bad word?

I guess I just look ridiculous when talking about cars, dealerships and this business. I bet you can contribute so much more Let me know when you start doing that, I'm sure you have so much to share.
Never said my dealer was prestigious, just explaining the way the operate their business. Your dealer may be different, the dealership you work at may be different, but that definitely doesn't mean you know exactly what's going on at mine. For example are all dealerships union shops? Non union shops? You seem to know a lot of FACTs seeing as you've worked at one dealership but have you worked at them all? Are you not open to the idea that they aren't all operated identically?

I've actually contributed quite a bit, no need to inform you when I start, take a look around, this forum has a ton of information and differing viewpoints, until then try keeping an open mind.
Old 07-31-16, 05:10 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I must say that at my old Volvo-Mazda dealership with about 16 mechanics we had zero low paid lube techs etc. Every tech was experienced and on the same rate of commission. Every place is different. My Toyota dealer has lube techs doing the services though.
Old 07-31-16, 05:58 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleguy

Well said!. Joined CL in 2005/2006
. Contributed to ES, GX, LS and few others forums. Except here, all other forums tend to be more civilized - I am sorry but that's how I feel.

There are few contributors in LS , most of you know whom I am referring to - always have option on dealerships, extended warranties, non OEM parts to name few - and try to inject their single minded opinion on others. Fail to understand and respect everyone have their choices.
Old 07-31-16, 08:42 PM
Nospinzone

Received 408 Likes on 316 Posts

Wow, I just came upon this thread. I thought 99.9% of it was good passionate discussion. The problem sometimes when it gets passionate is emotions may get the better of us. It appears this thread has run its course any way, but if it continues please be respectful of your fellow members.
Old 08-01-16, 12:41 AM
1HipNip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FACT: Opinions are like *******s; everyone has one.