LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Oh boy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-16, 02:31 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Oh boy!

Ever have one of those days?

Took my car in to Lexus for an oil change, rotate and balance. Dropped it off and it was ready in a few hours. Since I was meeting a friend for lunch later, I just waited to pick it up. Sat with a service agent and paid with my credit card. Denied! Tried again. Denied! Now I'm going to be late. Guy tells me to go get cash. Call my wife and she turns around. Tries her card. Denied! He scoots us aside and helps someone else. Now I'm late. Texted my friend. All is fine. Finally I ask to try another machine. Another guy says we'll try an older unit. Works! He says: " Those new machines are buggy!" Great. My original guy is clueless. He doesn't apologize. He just walks off. Oh well. At least I'm outta there. Or am I?

I type this 4 hours later in the Lexus waiting room. Why? On my way home from lunch, I punched it and the car went nowhere. They tell me one in 10,000 need to have the computer updated after an oil change. Really? I've never had this happen ever! So, it's been 30 minutes and my car is no where to be seen.

More to come.
Old 07-15-16, 02:36 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z

Took my car in to Lexus for an oil change, rotate and balance. Dropped it off and it was ready in a few hours. Since I was meeting a friend for lunch later, I just waited to pick it up. Sat with a service agent and paid with my credit card. Denied! Tried again. Denied! Now I'm going to be late. Guy tells me to go get cash. Call my wife and she turns around. Tries her card. Denied! He scoots us aside and helps someone else. Now I'm late. Texted my friend. All is fine. Finally I ask to try another machine. Another guy says we'll try an older unit. Works! He says: " Those new machines are buggy!" Great. My original guy is clueless. He doesn't apologize. He just walks off. Oh well. At least I'm outta there. Or am I?

I type this 4 hours later in the Lexus waiting room. Why? On my way home from lunch, I punched it and the car went nowhere. They tell me one in 10,000 need to have the computer updated after an oil change. Really? I've never had this happen ever! So, it's been 30 minutes and my car is no where to be seen.

More to come.
Man, I hope it's nothing serious. That's lame though. Really? I think they disconnected the Flux capacitor....
Old 07-15-16, 02:43 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If you were charged for the update, then I would conclude that it is a feature of the Lexus Revenue Enhancement Program.
Old 07-15-16, 03:05 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z

More to come.
One word:

Loaner.
Old 07-15-16, 03:20 PM
R Z
Pole Position

I am now back in the confines of my own domain. As it was, my car was the odd man out that required a new system update to get the power back to my car. When I asked the technician to 'splain it, his answer was pretty emphatic: "We have no idea why some cars do this. But it fixes the problem right away!" Right away? You mean 45 minutes away, right? Plus the time to drive back there. Oh and did I mention that they washed my car this morning. Guess what . . . it started POURING when they gave me back my car.

RANT OFF!
Old 07-15-16, 03:21 PM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by litesoarer
One word:

Loaner.
Bwahahahaha, exactly. I've never waited in a Lexus waiting room. Sucks to hear about your day though.
Old 07-15-16, 03:29 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

stay home tonight. wouldn't want anything else to pop up today...
Old 07-15-16, 03:33 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GR6RR
stay home tonight. wouldn't want anything else to pop up today...
Yeah, you actually have no idea.

I will stay home, but not for fear of more hooey. I've just been out way too much today. Time for a drink!
Old 07-18-16, 07:57 AM
R Z
Pole Position

From nightmare to dream! Drive 200 miles up to Nashville Saturday. Car rides like a dream. Cruisin' around 80 and smooth as silk. Glad Lexus gave me back the power!