LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Carista app Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-16, 12:31 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You can see a sample list of settings for your car on our web site: http://www.caristaapp.com (select your model from the drop-downs). But keep in mind that the options available on your particular car may be different depending on the exact year, model, equipment, market, etc. The best way to see available options if you have an OBD adapter is to just use the Carista app and press CUSTOMIZE when connected to the car. You can see the available settings for free. You only have to pay if you want to be able to change them.

We have been beta-testing TPMS registration functionality, but it's not in this official release because it's not yet fully ready. If you're interested in helping us test that, please email support@caristaapp.com. We don't have an active beta right now (as we've just released v3.0 officially), but we'll resume beta-testing in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Carista; 07-15-16 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-18-16, 07:14 AM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It is unfortunate that with our $20 pro package, we don't get access to EPB release. Instead you either have to pay $9.99 for a week or $39.99 for a yearly subscription that already includes the stuff we already paid for. I wish there was a way for users who bought the pro package before to get access to EPB release without having to pay for what we already paid for.
Old 07-18-16, 08:55 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by enoch861
It is unfortunate that with our $20 pro package, we don't get access to EPB release. Instead you either have to pay $9.99 for a week or $39.99 for a yearly subscription that already includes the stuff we already paid for. I wish there was a way for users who bought the pro package before to get access to EPB release without having to pay for what we already paid for.
But you do get it for free! If you own the old Pro Package, then you get full access to all features, including the new ones in the new version (and the TPMS feature that's not even out yet).

Note that our old beta versions experimented with different payment models, but that's gone! If you own Pro, you get access to everything. Period.
Old 07-18-16, 09:08 AM
enoch861
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carista
But you do get it for free! If you own the old Pro Package, then you get full access to all features, including the new ones in the new version (and the TPMS feature that's not even out yet).

Note that our old beta versions experimented with different payment models, but that's gone! If you own Pro, you get access to everything. Period.
Apparently not. I owned the old/original Pro package but had to pay $10 bucks 2 weeks ago to release the EPB. Everything else worked just fine. Is something wrong with the Pro package I bought?
Old 07-19-16, 02:32 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by enoch861
Apparently not. I owned the old/original Pro package but had to pay $10 bucks 2 weeks ago to release the EPB. Everything else worked just fine. Is something wrong with the Pro package I bought?
As I said, we were experimenting with a different payment model in the beta version of Carista where you had to pay extra even if you owned the Pro Package. But that's been scrapped and in the official release version, the old Pro Package gives you full access to all features, including the EPB.

During the beta, we weren't expecting people to use real money for our in-app purchases and were gladly offering "test purchases" that don't actually charge you. If you made a real purchase, please PM me the order ID from your Google Play receipt and I'll give you a refund. Thanks.
Old 07-19-16, 06:24 AM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I was going to order the dongle and pay the $20 to play around with it then saw its now a $39.99 annual subscription. No thanks.
Old 07-19-16, 08:13 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by teedub21
Yeah, I was going to order the dongle and pay the $20 to play around with it then saw its now a $39.99 annual subscription. No thanks.
There's still time to use our "backdoor" - through which you can still get the old Pro Package at the old price and conditions. If you're interested, let me know.

The other (even cheaper) option is to try a 1-week pass for $9.99, change all the settings you want, and then never pay again. We offer different options for different use cases.
Old 07-19-16, 08:57 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by teedub21
Or about a half tank of gas. Really? That's a deal breaker???

Keeping in mind all the options this can change n your car and MANY other makes and models, plus a code reader that works on pretty much every car ever made since the inception of OBDIII, it's an extraordinary value.
Old 07-19-16, 10:39 AM
teedub21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Or about a half tank of gas. Really? That's a deal breaker???

Keeping in mind all the options this can change n your car and MANY other makes and models, plus a code reader that works on pretty much every car ever made since the inception of OBDIII, it's an extraordinary value.
Maybe for you. I just don't need another subscription for $39.99 a year for something I'd probably use a few times. I like the pay one time option better, even if it was more than the original $20.
Old 07-19-16, 11:02 AM
teedub21
Pole Position

There's still time to use our "backdoor" - through which you can still get the old Pro Package at the old price and conditions. If you're interested, let me know.

The other (even cheaper) option is to try a 1-week pass for $9.99, change all the settings you want, and then never pay again. We offer different options for different use cases.
Ok you got me! Just purchased. Thanks for the heads up on the deal!
Old 07-19-16, 11:44 AM
enoch861
Pole Position

As I said, we were experimenting with a different payment model in the beta version of Carista where you had to pay extra even if you owned the Pro Package. But that's been scrapped and in the official release version, the old Pro Package gives you full access to all features, including the EPB.

During the beta, we weren't expecting people to use real money for our in-app purchases and were gladly offering "test purchases" that don't actually charge you. If you made a real purchase, please PM me the order ID from your Google Play receipt and I'll give you a refund. Thanks.
Ah, this makes sense especially since I am in the beta.
That's fine, no need for a refund. I'm more than happy to support you guys and I love the app!

By the way, you guys have the best support team I've ever encountered. You guys are on many car forums, answer questions promptly, interact directly with your customers, and even listen to our feedback and implement requested changes/features. It's awesome and keep up the good work!
Old 07-19-16, 02:31 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Hello, how do I get the old Pro package for $20 thru the backdoor? Thanks!
Old 07-19-16, 05:11 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can see a sample list of settings for your car on our web site: http://www.caristaapp.com (select your model from the drop-downs). But keep in mind that the options available on your particular car may be different depending on the exact year, model, equipment, market, etc. The best way to see available options if you have an OBD adapter is to just use the Carista app and press CUSTOMIZE when connected to the car. You can see the available settings for free. You only have to pay if you want to be able to change them.

We have been beta-testing TPMS registration functionality, but it's not in this official release because it's not yet fully ready. If you're interested in helping us test that, please email support@caristaapp.com. We don't have an active beta right now (as we've just released v3.0 officially), but we'll resume beta-testing in a couple of weeks.
Hey been reading up on your stuff... Sounds cool... I'd be happy to help you with testing... I need to get one first... Can I order through you?
Old 07-19-16, 07:31 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

How will the tpms tool work? Will we need our tpms id's or does the app and OBDII dongle just reset it? How about if we're swapping wheels with different sensors?
Old 07-19-16, 07:33 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

y the way, you guys have the best support team I've ever encountered. You guys are on many car forums, answer questions promptly, interact directly with your customers, and even listen to our feedback and implement requested changes/features.
THIS!! A rare and welcome trait. They have been extraordinarily accesible to the user.

Quick Reply: Carista app Question