LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Ready to Buy - Going to Drive 2010 LS460L AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-16, 03:46 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by litesoarer
Correct, no touch screen no backup camera. Not sure how the radar sensors work, maybe just show on dash.
Do you mean the parking sensors or the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control?

The DRCC information is only displayed on the dashboard. I am guessing the parking sensors on the Nav-less 2008 would also just show up on the dash. Also, if it is Nav-less, it certainly will not have the DRCC.
Old 06-21-16, 03:52 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

My personal preference in this car is keep it as basic as possible. I know I'm in the minority here on this one, but the more it has, the more it's going to break. And that's the most important factor to me, I'm no longer in that "honeymoon period" with the car. I drive it, yes I enjoy it, but it's primary function for me is to drive it 600 miles a week.

I do have the navigation - I neve use it - it needs to be updated and I always just use my phone. I love the backup camera and parking sensors (probably couldn't live without either one at this point). I have the base stereo, which is a bummer, but when you turn it up loud it stays pretty crisp and clear...problem is you have to blast it to get any decent sound out of it.

I don't have the air ride and I'm happy I don't...don't need the headaches...and I don't see the benefits of it. And I have RWD...it's been surprisingly good in all seasons as long as I have snows on it. Great car, reliable as hell, and the RWD get's better gas mileage and acceleration.
Old 06-21-16, 06:46 PM
sayow
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

So i pulled the trigger today (i have been looking and driving 460s for about 3 months) and put a deposit on a 2010 460 with the Sport package. Just feel in love with the sport interior. White, 65k, most options (ML, park assist, air ride, etc). and I also got a 4 year 60k extended warranty.

here is a link to some pictures:
https://www.carmax.com/cars/lexus/ls-460/2010/13162368

Would love opinions. Paying 30k with the warranty which was a must with air ride

First up is to look for some new wheels. I like the sport wheels but they are not perfect and I want to look around for an upgrade.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-21-16, 06:51 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sayow
So i pulled the trigger today (i have been looking and driving 460s for about 3 months) and put a deposit on a 2010 460 with the Sport package. Just feel in love with the sport interior. White, 65k, most options (ML, park assist, air ride, etc). and I also got a 4 year 60k extended warranty.

here is a link to some pictures:
https://www.carmax.com/cars/lexus/ls-460/2010/13162368

Would love opinions. Paying 30k with the warranty which was a must with air ride

First up is to look for some new wheels. I like the sport wheels but they are not perfect and I want to look around for an upgrade.

Thanks for all the help!
30+TTL? Good choice!
Old 06-21-16, 07:06 PM
sayow
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by litesoarer
30+TTL? Good choice!
Yep, 28k for the car plus 2k for the 4/60 warranty, bumper to bumper all electronics and suspension covered. Top end was 35k so now I have some money for new wheels and tires and other black out treatments
Old 06-21-16, 07:41 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

That seems to be going rate for first year Sports Pkg right now.

Just under 30K.
Old 06-22-16, 04:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Very nice! Congrats!
Old 06-22-16, 06:21 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Hmmmm . . no nav, no ML, no dice! I absolutely use my phone for nav, but I still wouldn't buy a car without the feature. For one resale value. For 2, I prefer the screen to view my climate controls, audio and settings. As for sound system, I can't speak for the regular sound. I can tell you that the ML system is pretty darn special.

If you have 5" of room to spare in your garage, by all means get an L. But be sure it will fit. I've told this story before. My neighbor borrowed her ex husbands L to house everyone in town for the week. The garage door would not close with the car pulled straight in. She had to move her car and park the 460L sideways.

Good luck!
Old 06-22-16, 06:42 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice choice. Looks great. Can't beat the warranty.
Old 06-22-16, 07:41 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by R Z
Hmmmm . . no nav, no ML, no dice! I absolutely use my phone for nav, but I still wouldn't buy a car without the feature. For one resale value. For 2, I prefer the screen to view my climate controls, audio and settings. As for sound system, I can't speak for the regular sound. I can tell you that the ML system is pretty darn special.

If you have 5" of room to spare in your garage, by all means get an L. But be sure it will fit. I've told this story before. My neighbor borrowed her ex husbands L to house everyone in town for the week. The garage door would not close with the car pulled straight in. She had to move her car and park the 460L sideways.

Good luck!
Very true, I found that a garage I park in frequently will just fit my LS with about a foot to spare front and back. Just enough room to open the trunk or get around it.
Old 06-22-16, 08:38 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 336 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Grille on that car??

Congrats on the car. I like the grille...I have seen that on a couple of 460's - I think a couple of them were hybrids. Can anyone confirm if that is a sport grille, hybrid grille or what it is?

Also, can you put that onto any LS460? I'm looking at '10-'12 and would like to add that grille to whatever I buy.
Old 06-22-16, 09:28 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
Congrats on the car. I like the grille...I have seen that on a couple of 460's - I think a couple of them were hybrids. Can anyone confirm if that is a sport grille, hybrid grille or what it is?

Also, can you put that onto any LS460? I'm looking at '10-'12 and would like to add that grille to whatever I buy.
It's the Sport grille. Should be the same dimensions as a standard one but dont quote me
Old 06-22-16, 09:44 AM
sayow
Pit Crew

Funny you mention the grille. I kept telling myself there was something about the exterior that I really liked over the other 3 i was looking at and could not place it LOL. It took me half the day to figure out it was the grille i really liked.

I think the best part of the sport package is the matte finished wood interior and two tone leather.
Old 06-22-16, 10:22 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sayow
Funny you mention the grille. I kept telling myself there was something about the exterior that I really liked over the other 3 i was looking at and could not place it LOL. It took me half the day to figure out it was the grille i really liked.

I think the best part of the sport package is the matte finished wood interior and two tone leather.
While I dig the two tone I'd love an all saddle colored interior (Or Flaxen)
Old 06-22-16, 01:07 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 336 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by greg3852
It's the Sport grille. Should be the same dimensions as a standard one but dont quote me
Thanks- I know at least 2 of the cars I saw it on weren't sport models so you must be able to put the grille on any of them (makes sense- they all appear to be the same size and shape). I really like the way it changes the look of the car - that plus the 5 spoke rims is an awesome look.

Quick Reply: Ready to Buy - Going to Drive 2010 LS460L AWD