LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H
View Poll Results: Would you purchase this exhaust mod?
Yes
76.92%
No
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Mod Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-16, 05:49 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Worst marketing effort ever....This is WAYYYY to much "TALKING".

Should just stop posting until you get your ducks in a row. All these threads are just leading to speculation and frustration with your target audience.

i get what youre trying to accomplish and admire the effort...but u are seriously going about this the wrong way and turning a lot of people off with these cryptic tactics. Whoever is telling you to go about it this way is dead wrong.

- Build the part for your OWN car
- take pics, ask someone to photoshop a logo or clean it up, if thats what youre worried about
- THEN do a poll or take orders.

I have feeling this is going to turn into a "pre/Group-buy" situation to fund the project with payments up front. You need a working prototype to SHOW what you are selling.

Youve seen how much interest there is in the product, now either $%^& or get off the pot.

Some people dont mind being strung along...some are like me and have little tolerance for big talk/wishful thinking or weighing of ones options when dealing with people you are trying to get as customers.

You are literally shooting yourself in the foot before taking your first steps in this biz venture.

I love efforts like this and have no problem supporting (and even funding) a solid home-grown product, but im not into dreams and such...and certainly wouldnt pay for one.

Go handle your biz and come back with guns blazing with your new product.

Im hoping you get it done...G'luck!
Old 06-04-16, 05:58 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

X2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well Said!
Old 06-04-16, 06:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

So is that a "maybe"? Lol
Old 06-04-16, 06:29 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

New Poll:
1)Yes
2) No
3) Maybe
4) All of the above.
Old 06-04-16, 06:40 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Hey guys,

I've been trying to create a poll but for some reason, both Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE, will not let me.. I can not even quote multiple comments as of right now..

A fellow ClubLexus member, and a manufacturer has reached out to me asking if I would be willing to help him sell his product.

As a vendor, I want to see how the LS crowd reacts to this product, which would help me decide whether to move forward with the manufacturer or not.

I do understand that you guys desire more information, pictures, and videos of this product, but as a vendor, and not the manufacturer, I do not have access to this unless the manufacturer provides me with it. But based on the information he has provided me, this sounds like an interesting modification that many LS owners would be interested in.

So, at this point, when ClubLexus starts working again, or if anyone moderator can create a poll for me, I will do so ASAP.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-04-16, 07:48 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Worst marketing effort ever....This is WAYYYY to much "TALKING".

Should just stop posting until you get your ducks in a row. All these threads are just leading to speculation and frustration with your target audience.

i get what youre trying to accomplish and admire the effort...but u are seriously going about this the wrong way and turning a lot of people off with these cryptic tactics. Whoever is telling you to go about it this way is dead wrong.

- Build the part for your OWN car
- take pics, ask someone to photoshop a logo or clean it up, if thats what youre worried about
- THEN do a poll or take orders.

I have feeling this is going to turn into a "pre/Group-buy" situation to fund the project with payments up front. You need a working prototype to SHOW what you are selling.

Youve seen how much interest there is in the product, now either $%^& or get off the pot.

Some people dont mind being strung along...some are like me and have little tolerance for big talk/wishful thinking or weighing of ones options when dealing with people you are trying to get as customers.

You are literally shooting yourself in the foot before taking your first steps in this biz venture.

I love efforts like this and have no problem supporting (and even funding) a solid home-grown product, but im not into dreams and such...and certainly wouldnt pay for one.

Go handle your biz and come back with guns blazing with your new product.

Im hoping you get it done...G'luck!
You hit the nail on the head. I haven't seen such a poor effort in a long time and don't ever think this gets off the ground. I also like how the "manufacture" can't handle any criticism and his lack of professionalism makes that fairly evident. He blatantly breaks the forum rules then follows that up by blaming the members. I never thought antagonizing your client base over their concerns was a solid marketing strategy but maybe it's worked for him in the past. Who knows. But from the looks of it there's not enough real interest in this project to change the current direction with or without the help of "Meraki Auto".....
Old 06-04-16, 07:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Folks, if you aren't interested move on from this... Vote when the poll gets added but please leave out the drama. Let folks that want to know about it learn more and express interest.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-04-16 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-05-16, 09:45 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

You say it's bolt on but the tolerances on Lexus automobiles are rather tight. Does the addition of this unit inline increase the strain on other mounting points? Nothing like adding a $100 part to a $88,000 car only to mess it up in the long term.
LOL. It's in the exhaust system. Tolerances are non-existent. Numerous rubber hangers, etc.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-05-16 at 10:01 AM. Reason: remove drama bait
Old 06-05-16, 10:40 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
You guys are clearly going out of your way to berate the OP with comments like this.Same with the poll question of , "would you buy this without seeing pics what you're buying"
Easy to say when you're one of 4 that were in the test group.

The "secrecy" -- NO PICS aspect is what's turned people off it. Again. I'm interested, but not at $200 until I know what the kit actually contains.
Old 06-05-16, 11:29 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

LOL. It's in the exhaust system. Tolerances are non-existent. Numerous rubber hangers, etc.
That was a legitimate question. He said it wasn't just longer bolts and washers so that led me to believe that it was a larger piece. I understand there are rubber hangers etc but can we really squeeze in another pipe etc. without affecting the current design? That's why pictures or a sketch would've helped. Also where is this piece being installed? Behind the header? In front of the muffler, around the catalytic converter? Does it affect emissions? Cause any issues with the O2 sensors over time?
Old 06-05-16, 03:07 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

I personally think the whole thing is very very shady. 7milesout and roadfrog? I don't trust them, they're probably already on the FBI's watch list. Most likely taking our hard earned $200 and using it to build nuclear warheads.

Now let's get back to more important things like control arms, brake actuators and third party warranties. And can anyone tell me what a used LS460 goes for in Loafers Glory, North Carolina (I know what they're asking for it, but what's it worth?).
Old 06-05-16, 04:17 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Thank you to our moderator Dave for fixing the dropdown option to create a poll..

Very simple yes or no poll.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-05-16, 04:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
I personally think the whole thing is very very shady. 7milesout and roadfrog? I don't trust them, they're probably already on the FBI's watch list. Most likely taking our hard earned $200 and using it to build nuclear warheads.

Now let's get back to more important things like control arms, brake actuators and third party warranties. And can anyone tell me what a used LS460 goes for in Loafers Glory, North Carolina (I know what they're asking for it, but what's it worth?).
I needed that giggle LOL
Old 06-05-16, 07:40 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I personally think the whole thing is very very shady. 7milesout and roadfrog? I don't trust them,
You actually had me going there for a minute.....I was like, "wait....what??!!"

You know what I find REALLY disappointing though? How this community has completely eaten one of their own. I really never saw this coming.

Last edited by roadfrog; 06-05-16 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-05-16, 11:02 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You actually had me going there for a minute.....I was like, "wait....what??!!"

You know what I find REALLY disappointing though? How this community has completely eaten one of their own. I really never saw this coming.
It's natural for there to be skepticism on car enthusiast forums. Particularly when dealing with a flagship model.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Mod Thread..